Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TIL if you're "angry and frustrated" that you feel like you're being persecuted you can obstruct investigations all you want.

Just as long as you don't "intend" to because you're just angry and frustrated.

After Barr just acted as Trump's top defense lawyer and PR person, I don't believe a word he says and want to see the report myself. This should be interesting.
    Basically Trump didn't intend to obstruct justice he just didn't know that he was obstructing justice and he was really mad he was being investigated so that is why he obstructed justice but they won't charge him. So basically Trump is a fucking idiot who throws tantrums like a child but hey he should still a get a cookie even for all the shit he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Also if you didn't personally commit the crime but had someone else rob the bank you are innocent. This is the defense Barr is trying to give to Wikileaks that since Trump people didn't personally hack the DNC and give Wikileaks they are clear of all wrongdoings on this part.
    "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" - Thomas Bekket

Yep, this is back in style, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Gotta say, Barr's defense that Trump faces an unPresidented situation seems to boil down to "people said Trump did it based on evidence and that made him sad".
    To Trumpkins feels always trump facts and nothing will ever change that. So why not make a legal defense to break the law because you are throwing a childish temper tantrum because you are being legally investigated.

Trump tweets a Game of Thrones meme to declare himself the winner.

"Wait, that tweet was before Barr's defense -- "

Yeah, Barr and the WH colluded before the release of the redacted report.

Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Oh man, team tRump cannot get over buttery emails. The team tRump lawyers statement is so pathetic.

"The results of the investigation are a total victory for the President. The report underscores what we have argued from the very beginning - there was no collusion - there was no obstruction. After a 17-month investigation, testimony from some 500 witnesses, the issuance of 2,800 subpoenas, the execution of nearly 500 search warrants, early morning raids, the examination of more than 1.4 million pages of documents, and the unprecedented cooperation of the President, it is clear there was no criminal wrongdoing. Nothing withheld; nothing concealed; nothing deleted; nothing destroyed; and nothing bleached. In addition to the report completely vindicating the President, both Attorney General Bill Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein - working with the career professionals in the Office of Legal Counsel - concluded there was not a single instance in which the elements of any crime were met.
    It is also clear that the President acted properly in firing now-disgraced, former FBI Director James Comey who lied and displayed disdain for the values at the core of the FBI. It is troubling that Comey - and top members of his team - launched a biased, political attack against the President - turning one of our foundational legal standards on its head. Instead of protecting the time-honored principle that the President - as with any American - is innocent until proven guilty, they clearly set up a scheme to derail the President - pushing a twisted narrative claiming he was guilty until proven innocent. The report itself is nothing more than an attempt to rehash old allegations, despite the fact that, as reiterated in the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General's recent report on the 2016 election 'neither the FBI nor Department prosecutors are permitted to insinuate or allege that an individual who has not been charged with a crime is nevertheless guilty of some wrongdoing.'
    This vindication of the President is an important step forward for the country and a strong reminder that this type of abuse must never be permitted to occur again."
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2019-04-18 at 03:30 PM.

So apparently when sessions told trump a special prosecutor was assigned to this trumps response was to slump in his chair and say his presidency was over, I'm fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump tweets a Game of Thrones meme to declare himself the winner.

"Wait, that tweet was before Barr's defense -- "

Yeah, Barr and the WH colluded before the release of the redacted report.
    No no no, he didn't "collude". He just gave them an advanced look at the report to redact anything under "executive privilege" before anyone else saw it.

Which would normally be fair, but in this instance clearly seems like it was primarily to give Trump's defense team time to work on responses and his communications team to work on garbage memes to post.

Acting in the best interests if Americans indeed.

I am reading the specific parts about the Trump Tower meeting, there is a lot of redacted information that is tagged "Grand Jury", so it is hard to tell what they thought of it.

This bit from Mueller's report is interesting because it very specifically addresses Barr's 18-page argument for why Trump can't obstruct justice:

With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.
    Barr argued before becoming AG that a president can't obstruct justice by performing an act within his constitutional authority, and Mueller said "lol no."

And that's common sense, because not a single law works that way. It's arguing that lawfulness of an act is based entirely without its lawless conclusion. It's not illegal for me to stab things in general, but it is illegal for me to stab a person. It's not illegal for me to pick something up, but it is illegal for me to take something that belongs to someone else. It's not illegal to fire somebody, but it is illegal to fire them in order to inhibit an investigation. It's bizarre how Trump and his supporters continuously revolve around decontextualizing things to make them okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    there is a lot of redacted information that is tagged "Grand Jury", so it is hard to tell what they thought of it.
    To be expected. There are still ongoing investigations. Stone, for example, is accused of trying to connect WikiLeaks (a thief working for Putin) to the Trump campaign.

Which would be collusion, of course.

I can't wait until lunch time, this nothing burger has me hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    People who are not and were never racist don't have a racist Twitter history to dig up in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    She admitted she was wrong, that her comments were wrong, and that she regrets having done it, and won't do it again. .

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f*cked," Trump said after learning that a Special Counsel had been appointed

Full statement text to the link. Sounds like the Orange Obstructionist was worried about what the Special Counsel might find.
    "You were supposed to protect me." or something to that effect.

Yeah, this isn't the mentality of a fucking authoritarian who doesn't understand how our government works at all.

Republicans, are you alright with this?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not even trying anymore are you?
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    #Boycott Activision-Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    For such a nothing burger, why was Trump saying he is fucked when Sessions recused himself and the Special Counsel was installed?

Must be look at the one above your post.
    My Desktop: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    My Laptop: Acer Nitro 5|i5-8300H|8GB DDR4 SDRAM|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    #Boycott Activision-Blizzard

Given the list of top 30 posters in this thread, could someone briefly flag everyone's position on the issue?

Breccia -- 920 posts
    Shalcker -- 746
    cubby -- 677
    Felya -- 642
    Dontrike -- 542
    Ripster42 -- 526
    Orbitus -- 436
    Skroe -- 402
    Edge- -- 399
    NYC17 -- 378

Machismo -- 335
    Bullettime -- 327
    Dacien -- 314
    Vegas82 -- 291
    mvaliz -- 270
    Belize -- 240
    Stormspark -- 227
    Fugus -- 226
    Bodakane -- 216
    kaelleria -- 200

Didactic -- 200
    PACOX -- 196
    Mormolyce -- 193
    Shadowferal -- 186
    Tijuana -- 180
    Butter Emails -- 172
    Sulla -- 166
    Thekri -- 152
    Thepersona -- 150
    DarkTZeratul -- 142

I'd like to count who's winning, because that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    He was being investigated for treason, something we now know did not exist in the slightest, and you accuse him of acting like a child? I mean, this entire thing was a farce, a farce, to think that it has tied up 2+ years of our government, when they could've been doing something useful for the American people.

I truly hope the left pays for this during the next election cycle, and many to come for that matter.
    This investigation was a net positive in money for the American people, but we do not talk about that huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Given the list of top 30 posters in this thread, could someone briefly flag everyone's position on the issue?

Breccia -- 920 posts
    Shalcker -- 746
    cubby -- 677
    Felya -- 642
    Dontrike -- 542
    Ripster42 -- 526
    Orbitus -- 436
    Skroe -- 402
    Edge- -- 399
    NYC17 -- 378

Machismo -- 335
    Bullettime -- 327
    Dacien -- 314
    Vegas82 -- 291
    mvaliz -- 270
    Belize -- 240
    Stormspark -- 227
    Fugus -- 226
    Bodakane -- 216
    kaelleria -- 200

Didactic -- 200
    PACOX -- 196
    Mormolyce -- 193
    Shadowferal -- 186
    Tijuana -- 180
    Butter Emails -- 172
    Sulla -- 166
    Thekri -- 152
    Thepersona -- 150
    DarkTZeratul -- 142

I'd like to count who's winning, because that's interesting.
    Why the fuck does it matter?

"You were supposed to protect me." or something to that effect.

Yeah, this isn't the mentality of a fucking authoritarian who doesn't understand how our government works at all.

Maybe they are, maybe they arentt. either way they hate gays, liberals, and brown people more than they care