I said it before and I'll say it again.....the Dems are 100% at fault for letting Barr and Trump control this narrative.

They need to just fucking nut up, join hands and present this information to the public. Fucking sell the public on the truth for crying out loud.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So the contrarians to this bombshell (not me) are pointing to this section in the WaPo story:

"When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said."

They then argue that Mueller was simply bothered that Barr's summary did not include all the arguments necessary to explain his position.

Can you believe these people?
    This is Mueller being careful, in that Barr didn't say anything overtly false, but spun everything in such a way that anyone reading it would draw the obvious, but wrong, conclusion.

It's like if a guy is on trial for killing his wife, and his friend testifies saying that his buddy "did not stab his wife to death." Because he knows full well the stabbings occurred after he'd smashed her head in with a bat. He's technically correct, but it appears he's saying his buddy didn't kill her, which he technically isn't. His comment is not inaccurate, just so blatantly and deliberately dishonest it may as well be.

I don't know what to think, I've been out of the game since shortly after the report dropped. I need some new political intrigue to get me interested again. All I know is that the right is pushing back. And by "right" I mean people who I actually respect, like Charles C.W. Cooke for example. Among others.
    A lot of the 4 page letter was technically correct, while being highly misleading and also leaving out huge chunks that painted the report in a different picture. So presumably Mueller was essentially just saying that. But also keep in mind that the 4 page letter isn't the only thing Barr has said about the report, he's said other things that actually were lies, eg. that Trump cooperated fully when the report directly contradicts that.

So the contrarians to this bombshell (not me) are pointing to this section in the WaPo story:

"When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said."

They then argue that Mueller was simply bothered that Barr's summary did not include all the arguments necessary to explain his position.

Can you believe these people?
    Uh, no. I cannot believe people that say that the only problem mueller had with barr's summary is that it was deficient. It was misleading. They're saying that, not because they believe it, but because if they don't, they have no argument against barr being impeached, and that would look really bad for trump, who also should be impeached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Holy fucking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Get Mueller in front of the House. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Really interesting that the Mueller letter comes out right before Barr testifies. It also seems hard to believe that it would have been released by anyone other than somebody on Mueller's team. There's just enough time for the public to become aware that Mueller is dissatisfied with Barr's spin, but not enough time for Barr to spin the letter significantly before he testifies. I know he was expecting Republicans to run defense for him, but I wonder if he'll just call the whole thing off now.

Edit: CNN's article and others starting to pop up elsewhere imply that they've each been given the same letter and they've each independently verified, and they're not just reposting WaPo's findings. Looks like whoever released this cast a pretty wide net.
    It seems much more likely to me that Barr did this--it has spinny Barr bullshit all over it, gives him a chance to spin it more for the Senate tomorrow, and isn't consistent with Mueller's style, so far as we know. https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1123375834583261184

"Times and Post versions of Mueller Letter story are replete with those transparently bogus claims from Barr aides, which are nonetheless passed along as good faith descriptions of their views/reactions."

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I suppose that depends on your definition of "not much".
    Have you actually read the report? Because I did.
    Outside of the volume 1 IRA stuff, which is unlikely to contain a bomb, and wikileaks, which might contain a bomb but is an ongoing investigation (Roger stone still has to stand trial) and is therefor rightfully redacted, where do you think there is any bomb hidden by Barr under redaction?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    It seems much more likely to me that Barr did this--it has spinny Barr bullshit all over it, gives him a chance to spin it more for the Senate tomorrow, and isn't consistent with Mueller's style, so far as we know. https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1123375834583261184
    What? Of course not. Not only does this Mueller letter not help Barr in any way right before the hearing, if Barr released this fake letter Mueller would immediately come out against it. Which he hasn't.

It doesn't give Barr any edge or angle to spin anything. Stop buying into crazy 5D chess theories from Twitter nerds and use your own tiny brain.

The letter means only 1 thing: House Dems need to subpoena Mueller stat and have him testify in a public hearing. It's time to cut the crap and stop the empty threats. Cummings and Nadler are looking like a bunch of scared eunuchs right now.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2019-05-01 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashina View Post
    What? Of course not. Not only does this Mueller letter not help Barr in any way right before the hearing, if Barr released this fake letter Mueller would immediately come out against it. Which he hasn't.

It doesn't give Barr any edge or angle to spin anything. Stop buying into crazy 5D chess theories from Twitter nerds and use your own tiny brain.

The letter means only 1 thing: House Dems need to subpoena Mueller stat and have him testify in a public hearing. It's time to cut the crap and stop the empty threats. Cummings and Nadler are looking like a bunch of scared eunuchs right now.
    Tf? Who said anything about it being fake? It was going to come out and Barr already has an established history of getting ahead of unfavorable truths with bullshit narratives.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I suppose that depends on your definition of "not much".

Looks like "not much" to me. I was anticipating a huge amount redactions.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Holy fucking shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Get Mueller in front of the House. Now.
    Mueller should have been in front of the House the day the report dropped, with an unredacted copy of the report, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post

"Times and Post versions of Mueller Letter story are replete with those transparently bogus claims from Barr aides, which are nonetheless passed along as good faith descriptions of their views/reactions."
    I think it's more likely that those outlets contacted Barr's office or similarly close folks to confirm, and got Barr's standard spin - which they then included in the article for the sake of "fair and balanced." That's just standard reporting practice. I'd really hope that any article about the shitty things someone did researches further than just the people who agree it was shitty.

On the other hand, putting it in the same place of prominence means we have to suffer through the "BUT WHAT DID MUELLER MEAN? I guess we'll never know!" that conservatives are pushing by taking those single quotes out of their entire context. It's allowing a person to say "The sky is red," and the Daciens of the country to claim, "Maybe it really is red, we'll just have to investigate to find out," even though we can clearly see that not only is the sky blue, the person who claimed otherwise did so against a sunny blue sky backdrop.

Graham is talking about HER EMAILS

What a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

What a hack.
    I love that he said Mueller Told Barr its up to him, when Mueller's own report has an entire section about how its up to Congress to stop the President from using his executive powers to obstruct an investigation.

God I want Mueller himself in front of Congress.

What a hack.
    I remember when Graham was a reasonable person. I wonder what information is being held over him for him to act this way?

Can someone keep us informed on what they are saying? Videos are now blocked at my work
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I remember when Graham was a reasonable person. I wonder what information is being held over him for him to act this way?
    When he was 'reasonable' he was opposing a Democrat, not a Republican.

Party over Country, victory at any price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Can someone keep us informed on what they are saying? Videos are now blocked at my work
    CNN has a live blog.
    https://edition.cnn.com/politics/liv...ort/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Can you have your phone at work? If so just listen to CNN or MSNBC on TuneIn.

Barr's entire reason for letting Trump off is he's too dumb to know what he was doing is wrong.

Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Barr's entire reason for letting Trump off is he's too dumb to know what he was doing is wrong.

Wow.
    Well, I mean, that might just be the first true thing anyone from the administration has said, ever.

It's not a good look for President Stable Genius though