Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’re really grasping at straws. When I said I trim my quotes, I mean I trim the quotes I use. Get over the fact that you called the whole Russia thing a hoax. If you wanted to say the collusion thing was a hoax why create a different paragraph to literally call the whole Russia thing a hoax(which would include meddling, especially as you put that statement separate from your comments on collusion). Good luck learning to communicate!
    You just aren't capable of understanding a nuanced point. Nobody denies that the Russians tried to meddle in the election. Even Trump admitted that, in January of last year. But no reasonable person thinks it changed the outcome. Both things can be true, that the Russians tried to meddle, and that they failed on an epic level.

If 42k in Facebook ads, is all it takes to rig an election, I'm going to start a PAC to get Chuck Norris elected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hella clutch View Post
    it's almost as if this investigation is looking into collusion AND run of the mill money laundering/corruption since it's clear as day there is a Russian connection there.
    You know, with an avatar like that, it's no surprise you can win any argument with just one sentence.

On topic:

FOX News has the worst luck. They are running this cover story, about Nunes' "phase two" attacking the Steele dossier, at exactly the same time the FBI grabs the son-in-law of someone named in it. Wow. Could be coincidence, I suppose, but that's some horrible luck right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You just aren't capable of understanding a nuanced point. Nobody denies that the Russians tried to meddle in the election. Even Trump admitted that, in January of last year. But no reasonable person thinks it changed the outcome. Both things can be true, that the Russians tried to meddle, and that they failed on an epic level.
    It's a shame that Trump and his team consistently lied about meeting with Russians, isn't it? I don't know why people still choose to support a guy who lies so often, sad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    BTW - I wonder who leaked it to the press that this was happening? That is one thing I have appreciated about Mueller so far, he seems to be running a very tight ship. Thankfully, for him, Adam Schittforbrains is not on his team.
    We know Adam Schiff is at least more competent than Trump's children.

Not saying much, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

If 42k in Facebook ads, is all it takes to rig an election, I'm going to start a PAC to get Chuck Norris elected.
    He subsequently stated that he believed Putin when he said he didn't do it.

So it looks like you're the one who struggles with understanding. And it's not even nuance, it's just flat out bold, well known statements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Oh he'll be gotten for money laundering and obstructing justice, because those are the easiest to prove.
    Really? So how long does the "easiest to prove" take? If it is so "easy" - especially the obstruction - why no results yet?

Oh, right....the Skroe line that you peeps like to use "These things take time". Guess maybe it is not that "easy", eh?

LOL! Nice!

@Breccia - Gates still hasn't entered a plea deal. BTW - I wonder who leaked it to the press that this was happening? That is one thing I have appreciated about Mueller so far, he seems to be running a very tight ship. Thankfully, for him, Adam Schittforbrains is not on his team.
    And where are you getting that he hasn't entered one, because almost everywhere is showing that he has agreed to plead guilty. If he wants to back out of it he can, but I hope he likes not having any money when this is over.

Nobody denies that the Russians tried to meddle in the election.
    Ransath and you think that exact thing. At least you used to think that until Russians were indicted and now it's "Russians totally did, but it didn't matter!"

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You know, with an avatar like that, it's no surprise you can win any argument with just one sentence.

On topic:

FOX News has the worst luck. They are running this cover story, about Nunes' "phase two" attacking the Steele dossier, at exactly the same time the FBI grabs the son-in-law of someone named in it. Wow. Could be coincidence, I suppose, but that's some horrible luck right there.
    is the Muller investigation ever going to touch on Fox news? especially in regards to fox and Friends and Sean Hannity. I get they are the mouth piece of the GOP but Trump's relationship with them is just disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? So how long does the "easiest to prove" take? If it is so "easy" - especially the obstruction - why no results yet?
    why are you in such a rush to see your man crush get dragged out of the white house?

Is 42k the going rate for 126 million views? No wonder they're struggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN reports that Van Der Zwann, like Gates, is due to plead guilty.

"Person A" is in trouble.

Oh, right....the Skroe line that you peeps like to use "These things take time". Guess maybe it is not that "easy", eh?
    You obviously have access to Mueller's investigation. Why don't you prove your claims that the investigation isn't bearing fruit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hella clutch View Post
    is the Muller investigation ever going to touch on Fox news?
    No.

There really aren't any campaign rules, FEC laws, or the like that FOX News could have realistically broken here. Their problem is the likely pulling of ads if it's found they're supporting direct collusion with Russia.

Oh, right....the Joe Skroeborough line that you peeps like to use "These things take time". Guess maybe it is not that "easy", eh?
    You are the most adorable thinking that "taking time" is a line to use rather than a reality with all things, that they happen in their own time. It's hilarious how you don't get that these actually take time, nor that collusion would be the hardest to prove among all of the obvious corrupt and illegal bullshit he has done. You think that by me saying collusion is the hardest is me admitting something of value to you, but that is the truth of it. Of call of Trump's illegal misdeeds money laundering and obstruction would be among the easiest to prove while collusion is the hardest, as something like this has never happened before.

I can already see you at night clutching your Trumpy Bear, wishing that those super mean investigations would stop. It matches the child like tantrums you throw when Trump is in trouble at every point and turn. As soon as those Russians were indicted you couldn't help but try and come to his defense like he's worth it. You go on and skip rope while the adults talk.

I grasp nuance just fine. You, on the other hand, need to work on your communication skills if you meant something different than what you said. Trump didn't admit Russia meddled last year, he said it could be anyone who did it. He's also said he believes Putin when he says Russia didn't meddle. Soooo....
    The latter is obviously geopolitics. At that point, Trump was still trying to get Russia to help with ISIS. You act as if it's bad to put the country before himself. That's a pretty bizarre stance to take.

Trump admitted to Russian meddling in January of 2017. He he has never, and will never, admit that it changed the election, because it didn't. NO sane person thinks that. Even Wolf Blitzer doesn't think that. Hillary Clinton might say she does, but I sort of doubt she does, deep down inside.

Again, 42k in Facebook ads is factually insufficient to change an election where 2 billion fucking dollars was spent on ads.

10+ Year Old Account

Question: What are you going to do if Trump himself is actually shown to have been involved with either money laundering or collusion.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You obviously have access to Mueller's investigation. Why don't you prove your claims that the investigation isn't bearing fruit?
    @Ransath proving claims would be like a humpback whale learning to do taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No.

There really aren't any campaign rules, FEC laws, or the like that FOX News could have realistically broken here. Their problem is the likely pulling of ads if it's found they're supporting direct collusion with Russia.
    oh ok, well I hope to see Hannity twist himself into a knot with this investigation ramping up.

Deleted
    And where are you getting that he hasn't entered one, because almost everywhere is showing that he has agreed to plead guilty. If he wants to back out of it he can, but I hope he likes not having any money when this is over.
    No, there is a single report out there that he HAS agreed - he is "supposed" to according to the LA Times and CBS News, but as of the time I am typing this he HAS NOT.

Ransath and you think that exact thing.
    Bullshit - I have never ONCE said that Russian did not meddle in the elections. In fact, what I have said is OF COURSE they have, and they have been doing it for YEARS. The meddle by propaganda. They have since the days of Krushev.

I don't believe for one second, though, that they hacked the DNC and gave the emails to Wikileaks.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2018-02-20 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latter is obviously geopolitics. At that point, Trump was still trying to get Russia to help with ISIS. You act as if it's bad to put the country before himself. That's a pretty bizarre stance to take.
    He decided to put the country before himself by denying persistent efforts by Russia to undermine American stability.

Kay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I grasp nuance just fine. You, on the other hand, need to work on your communication skills if you meant something different than what you said. Trump didn't admit Russia meddled last year, he said it could be anyone who did it. He's also said he believes Putin when he says Russia didn't meddle. Soooo....
    So we need a "what TJ meant was..." thing going on?