10+ Year Old Account
    How in the hell does Mueller keep find charges if its a nothingburger.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How in the hell does Mueller keep find charges if its a nothingburger.
    Obviously it's just more of the liberal deep state conspiracy against God King Carrot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    More info coming in: Gates fired his lawyer.
    Well, looks like TheDailyBeast screwed that one up, probably in the rush to get out a headline.

It was the other way around. Gates HIRED Green, not fired him.

This corrected story re-establishes the "Gates wants a plea deal" motif we've been hearing. Green has worked some high-profile plea deals in the past. He's represented Richard V Secord in Iran-Contra who plead guilty, Charles Keating (as in "Keating Five") who plead guilty, some government officials in the Whitewater scandal -- some people in Whitewater plead guilty but I don't know which were represented by Green, and he represented Dennis Hastert who plead guilty.

Oh...and he was a defense attorney in Watergate. Yep, represented the head of CREEP.

You can't make this shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    wait what? Bob mueller is looking for Donnie boy tax returns?
    I believe he's making the observation that Mueller is clearly displaying that he has and can access to tax records of people with this... so, it shouldn't be any stretch of the imagination that Mueller probably also has access to Lardass Lump's taxes.

Well, looks like TheDailyBeast screwed that one up, probably in the rush to get out a headline.

It was the other way around. Gates HIRED Green, not fired him.

This corrected story re-establishes the "Gates wants a plea deal" motif we've been hearing. Green has worked some high-profile plea deals in the past. He's represented Richard V Secord in Iran-Contra who plead guilty, Charles Keating (as in "Keating Five") who plead guilty, some government officials in the Whitewater scandal -- some people in Whitewater plead guilty but I don't know which were represented by Green, and he represented Dennis Hastert who plead guilty.

Oh...and he was a defense attorney in Watergate. Yep, represented the head of CREEP.

You can't make this shit up.
    Welp, that makes a lot more sense. I thought it was fucking odd that he was going to hire him and then pretty much immediately fired him.

Guess that means Gates is likely about to flip, which should only further increase pressure on Manafort beyond the additional round of charges.

Manafucked indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Manafucked indeed.
    Like my healers in Phase Three.

Also, this surprisingly tame FOX News summing-up posted an hour ago does its best to make its opposition low-key, waiting till near the end of the article to quote the one and only time Trump said something nice about the investigation, and of course, brings up the private text messages that Mueller fired for because he's a straight shooter.

Gates is a long time underling of Manafort and worked on the campaign and transition. He absolutely knows where some bodies are buried.

7+ Year Old Account
    That makes a little more sense. I wondered why he would suddenly fire a lawyer after getting close to a plea deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Manafucked indeed.
    I am still waiting for a good opportunity for saying he could not manafford something, but it doesn't come up. Guy has too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    That makes a little more sense. I wondered why he would suddenly fire a lawyer after getting close to a plea deal.
    The man thinks he can somehow beat more than a dozen charges against him. Him and Manafort must be huddling together like Shawn and Gus from Psych.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I am still waiting for a good opportunity for saying he could not manafford something, but it doesn't come up. Guy has too much money.
    Soon enough, we'll be Out Of Mana(fort)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Guy has too much money.
    Does he? He's being indicted for $30 million in bad loans to real estate he over-estimated.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. This is just perfect.

Kushner can't get a security clearance because he's under FBI investigation.

Sources told CNN that the process to complete the security clearance can’t be completed until Mueller’s team wraps up its probe into ties between Kushner and Russians and other foreign contacts.

It's unknown when Mueller's investigation will conclude, but there is no indication that it will end any time in the near future.

Kushner has emerged as a key player in Mueller’s probe. The special counsel is reportedly looking at the adviser’s dealings with foreign investors for his family's real estate business during the presidential transition.

Kushner’s contacts with Russians and his relationship with former national security adviser Michael Flynn are also reportedly included in the probe.

Questions over Kushner’s security clearance reached a fever pitch earlier this month after it was revealed that he, along with several other top Trump aides, had been working with temporary security clearances more than a year into the administration.
    Man, all those times you thought he didn't have his security clearance because he kept forgetting all those Russians he worked with...well, you were half right.

The Gates/Manafort money charges are interesting because it proves Mueller's team is following the money.

If the reports from a while back that Deutsche Bank handed over Trump's bank records are correct, that should make Trump very nervous indeed. Mueller obviously went after them for a reason.

Deleted
    You have to think Wilbur Ross is going to get caught up sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    If the reports from a while back that Deutsche Bank handed over Trump's bank records are correct, that should make Trump very nervous indeed.
    Yes, based on what we're seeing, Manafort/Gates took some illegal loans -- possibly because they weren't loans -- and didn't disclose them. It is reasonable to believe that Trump's tax returns are in play.

Yes, based on what we're seeing, Manafort/Gates took some illegal loans -- possibly because they weren't loans -- and didn't disclose them. It is reasonable to believe that Trump's tax returns are in play.
    Boy, we sure have come a long way from "Trump colluded with Russia". Whatever works, I guess.

And I guess if it turns out he's guilty of some crime completely divorced from Trump-Russia, who am I to object?

But man, this Mueller probe sure was a great second-place prize for Democrats. Get to investigate Trump for all the things!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Boy, we sure have come a long way from "Trump colluded with Russia". Whatever works, I guess.

And I guess if it turns out he's guilty of some crime completely divorced from Trump-Russia, who am I to object?

But man, this Mueller probe sure was a great second-place prize for Democrats. Get to investigate Trump for all the things!
    Yes, we know that Russia worked on behalf of Trump’s campaign and his campaign has several members that are tied Russian money laundering. We also know that Trump has something in his tax record, that he is afraid for the world to see. Something in his tax records, that a man who claims he can shoot someone and his support will not waver, is afraid to reveal.

This is while Russian forces attacked US troops... the same Russian forces Trump defends as helping us fight terrorists. Sanctions that congress passed on Russia, have not been enforced by Trump. The same Trump who claims he never denied Russian interference, even though he is on record saying he asked Putin and he doesn’t believe Putin will lie.

I know it happened after the election. But, what do you call Trump asking Putin and then repeating his lie to the public, claiming Putin was an honest person? What do you call Trump ignoring US intelligence, claiming FBI is out to get him, but trusting Putin?

@Dacien do you deny that Trump was touting Putin saying he did not interfear in our elections, as the truth and a trust worthy comment. While at the same time insulting US intelligence, claiming the FBI is lying, firing Comey due to the cloud of the Russian investigation. If not collusion, what do you call Trump trusting Putin, more than US institutions?
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-02-23 at 04:57 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Just what is your purpose here? In any of your posts here, I mean. Seriously... what is your purpose here?

I don't get your posts at all as they make no sense. You try to write like some half-baked whimsical pothead who's seen some magical epiphany, and yet talk complete nonsense - literally nonsense, as in literally your postings makes no sense.

There's nothing to suggest he's innocent, and yet you speak as though it's inevitable. That doesn't make any sense...

You say strange things like "the Probe was a great second-place prize for democrats". Not only do you speak as if the investigation is in past tense (that doesn't make sense) but also the phrase "Second place prize" doesn't make any sense either...

"Get to investigate Trump for all the things!"? What the hell does that mean? You speak like it's some great honor or something. How does that make any sense?

Seriously, I don't get your purpose in any of your posts.

Imagine how tedious it must be to play chess with you. Every time someone takes one of your pieces, you launch into a spiel about how it's just a pawn or a rook or the Queen, so there's no way this game could be leading towards the King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.