Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I notice he doesn't go in to why mueller and the judge think a subpoena wouldn't work. I'm curious if it has anything to do with the secret CA videos where nix was advising clients on how to obstruct justice by using proton mail and then finding out that one of trump's wh aides left his email+passwords to the email account he was using at the wh, and it was a proton mail account.
    The general idea seems to be that they were extremely concerned with the destruction of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The general idea seems to be that they were extremely concerned with the destruction of evidence.
    Right, and I'm wondering if that was the evidence they used as, "history of destroying evidence," to warrant that concern or if they even need to display evidence of such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    $10 says he's screaming at people and threatening to fire Sessions, Rosenstein, and appoint someone to fire Mueller at this very moment. His legal team and advisers are most likely threatening to quit if he does so.

No one wants to be part of that shit show.
    I think Mueller expects to get fired now, thats why he made a referral to New York. If anybody who is insuring Mueller, its the New York DA. It doesnt matter if the Stormy Daniels scandal prompted the raid or if its been a long time coming, either way whatever they get a hold of is going to circle right back Mueller's realm of investigations.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Cohen flipped just to not end up like Manafort.
    There's no evidence leading to that yet, but, if Cohen was complaining about shelling out $130,000 of his own money -- which he was -- that bodes poorly for him. Manafort was caught complaining today that he didn't have $10 million for bail. There's no chance Cohen is as rich as Manafort.

Right, and I'm wondering if that was the evidence they used as, "history of destroying evidence," to warrant that concern or if they even need to display evidence of such.
    Maybe. I don't think there needs to be a history of a subject destroying evidence for there to be a worthwhile concern that they'll do so.

Whatever warranted their concern is more likely something we have no idea about yet, but might in the future. How distant is hard to tell. As much as we know, there is exponentially more that we don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think Mueller expects to get fired now, thats why he made a referral to New York. If anybody who is insuring Mueller, its the New York DA. It doesnt matter if the Stormy Daniels scandal prompted the raid or if its been a long time coming, either way whatever they get a hold of is going to circle right back Mueller's realm of investigations.
    I think he made the referral to NY because Rosenstein and Mueller determined it was the correct way to handle it. Mueller is exceptional at his job. This is just more evidence of how professional he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey hey remember when it was a blowjob that go 42 impeached. POTUS has to learn to keep their dicks in their pants.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    @Breccia

You were asking why cohen was staying in a hotel:
    Holy crap thread explosion while I was at work...I guess Skroe got banned again and it triggered a new round of stuff.

"Renovated" I'm sure. Is that code for "destroying as much evidence as possible"?

EDIT: I was joking about Skroe being banned. So I finally have time to read back through the thread, and he really was banned, and something major happens on the same day. This can't be coincidence. Is Skroe Mueller in disguise?
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2018-04-10 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Special counsel Robert Mueller is reportedly looking into a payment that a Ukrainian steel magnate made to President Trump's foundation in exchange for a 20-minute video appearance to a conference.

The New York Times reported Monday that Mueller is investigating the $150,000 donation to the Donald J. Trump Foundation that Ukrainian billionaire Victor Pinchuk made in September 2015, while Trump was seeking the GOP nomination for president.

The payment came after Trump spoke through a video link to a conference in Kiev, according to the Times.

Mueller subpoenaed the Trump Organization for documents last month as part of his ongoing probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The subpoena reportedly involved documents related to Russia and other topics.

News that Mueller is looking into Pinchuk's donation comes a week after it was reported that the special counsel has questioned a trio of Russian oligarchs over whether they illegally sent cash donations to Trump's campaign or inauguration.

The donation from Pinchuk was allegedly solicited by Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, whose offices were raided by the FBI on Monday.

So it really feels like this is going to go down:

1) Trump launches strikes on Syria.
    2) Trump fires Rosenstein while we all try to process the military news.

Wagging the dog. Seems very likely.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    So it really feels like this is going to go down:

1) Trump launches strikes on Syria.
    2) Trump fires Rosenstein while we all try to process the military news.

Wagging the dog. Seems very likely.
    I think if he fires Rosenstein he will also fire Sessions. He castigated the guy on TV while sitting in a meeting with his national security team.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Holy crap thread explosion while I was at work...I guess Skroe got banned again and it triggered a new round of stuff.

"Renovated" I'm sure. Is that code for "destroying as much evidence as possible"?

EDIT: I was joking about Skroe being banned. So I finally have time to read back through the thread, and he really was banned, and something major happens on the same day. This can't be coincidence. Is Skroe Mueller in disguise?
    What? Skroe's really gone again? Damn it, mods! I was hoping to get at least one new "we're taking your President from you" threads first. I mean, I guess those would be less impactful now, since it's become way more obvious that Drumpf is going to be removed since the series first started. But still...

Okay, new theory: one of the mods is actually Zainab Ahmad or Greg Andres or someone else on Mueller's team who's been moonlighting on MMO-Champ. Every now and again he realizes that the investigation has slowed down, and has to come here to ban "Skroe" again, AKA Mueller as Akaihiryuu suspects.

Deleted
    Pinchuk is an interesting chap.

He gave 10milion+ to the Clinton foundation

bankrolled Serhii Leshchenko the lead souce of the manafort corruption leak

and financed Maidan revolution groups

Me thinks there is barking up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Pinchuk is an interesting chap.

He gave 10milion+ to the Clinton foundation

bankrolled Serhii Leshchenko the lead souce of the manafort corruption leak

and financed Maidan revolution groups

The NYT article does a better job providing context. I get why The Hill shortens articles but ye in this case it comes across as a tad misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I dunno, I kind of like the idea of someone that Team Trump said "Look! Clinton's taking charitable donations from foreigners and that's bad!" being proven to take a donation from the same foreigner. It makes the hypocrisy so much easier to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It's amazing that Trump is going to lose yet another lawyer, what with so few unwilling to work with him. Wouldn't surprise me if Cohen flipped just to not end up like Manafort.
    Trump already threw him under the bus with his only public comments on the Stormy Daniels matter, so I’d imagine Cohen is rapidly losing whatever loyalty he has left
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Trump already threw him under the bus with his only public comments on the Stormy Daniels matter, so I’d imagine Cohen is rapidly losing whatever loyalty he has left
    Trump throwing Cohen under the bus like that actually had me laughing out loud and whooping at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    thanks to Trump, Cohen already was gonna have an ugly meeting with the Bar asso. Your loyalty and a bag is worth Trump demanding the bag while telling someone else to fire you

Well there goes any legal case the democrats had ever hoped to pursue against Trump. They could find text messages from Trump to Putin and never be able to use in court because of attorney client privilege. Sixth amendment now prevents anything from Cohen to lead to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well there goes any legal case the democrats had ever hoped to pursue against Trump. They could find text messages from Trump to Putin and never be able to use in court because of attorney client privilege. Sixth amendment now prevents anything from Cohen to lead to Trump.
    Incorrect.

Reset and try again.