Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Threatening the life of a judge is a federal crime and considered obstruction of justice. If Stone thinks he's going to change who is presiding over him with this bullshit he's in for a quick lesson in judiciary process.
    A death threat from him would make her biased, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That's likely his play. Stone was reported at being terrified of the judge pick residing over his case.

The problem is that new charges can and will be brought against him for this, his gag order has been violated, and now every judge is going to throw the book at him when they get his case. This was a desperation move of hoping he can delay shit by making sure no judge can be "unbiased" but it's a stupid notion.

Stone's tactic with everything is attack, attack, attack but it won't work this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I don't think the crosshair bit will be mentioned.
    Violating the gag order to begin with might be enough to get him behind bars until his trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can make monthly donations to this guy's legal team -- up to $5000 a month per the website in that picture.

Wonder how many of those Wall schmucks are gonna throw money at this guy too.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCZMKlA3uj/

Looks he is trying to back track already.
    Was unable to find that "random" photo on image search outside of articles reporting on it. Also cute how he's trying to use the X did nothing wrong meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I don't think the crosshair bit will be mentioned.
    Violating the gag order to begin with might be enough to get him behind bars until his trial.
    How stupid (or arrogant) can this people be, to not learn to shut the fuck up? i mean, i'm delighted at the possibility of stone being thrown in jail, but still, i'm amazed at his hubris.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    This just in, Russian claims that Russian Spy is not a Spy!
    More like claims that she is a spy are extremely weak and wouldn't stand in the court.

...which is why she isn't charged with spying, but with extremely broad "foreign agent" stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    More like claims that she is a spy are extremely weak and wouldn't stand in the court.

...which is why she isn't charged with spying, but with extremely broad "foreign agent" stuff.
    “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?"

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    “How to respond to FSB offer of employment?"

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to.
    The New Republic article goes over that stuff as well, it was about how to refuse such offer and not get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s going to claim he didn’t notice the crosshairs, but I’m not sure how he could argue this doesn’t violate the gag order.
    He could do both, claim he didn't notice the crosshairs before posting but that she obviously must have so now she is biased.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You would think it would automatically mean recusal - but in fact the opposite is the case. In United States v Holland the court said:

Recusal in such situations (threats made to judge or judge family) is left to the discretion of the threatened judge, who is in the best position to evaluate the advisability of recusal;  we generally do not review a judge's decision to recuse himself. (parentheticals added)
    I will update when I see more information - the case law is odd from what I've found so far (that opinion has been "withdrawn" - so uncertain at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Speaking of Roger Stone and crosshairs, Roger Stone apparently doesn't understand what a gag order is and posted this instagram post.

[IMG]https://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/abj.jpg[/IG]

Notice the crosshairs just over her head. I wonder if his bail will be revoked soon...
    Again, why do these people become pants on head retarded the moment Mueller finds them?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So you can make monthly donations to this guy's legal team -- up to $5000 a month per the website in that picture.

Wonder how many of those Wall schmucks are gonna throw money at this guy too.
    Considering there were people when he was released at the court house, that said he did nothing wrong, yeah there are stupid people that still support him.

10+ Year Old Account
    He could do both, claim he didn't notice the crosshairs before posting but that she obviously must have so now she is biased.

Judge already has her bases covered on this one

"While it is not up to the court to advise the defendant as to whether a succession of public statements would be in his best interest at this time, it notes that one factor that will be considered in the evaluation of any future request for relief based on pretrial publicity will be the extent to which the publicity was engendered by the defendant himself,” the judge said.
    I doubt she's going to remove herself from the case because of anythingStone does.
    Impeach the MF.

Omg...

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1097652491926130688

I've been doing federal criminal law for 24 years and I've never seen anything like this. This is not normal.

He filed an apology...that's not even a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I wish I could've seen his lawyer's reaction.

Well, we've got some options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    He filed an apology
    If I tweeted something that could be interpreted as a death threat against the judge in not only my case, but the case that involved all my friends, even if it was unintentional, I'd apologize too. I'd probably be whimpering. Because Roger Stone could go to jail for the rest of his life, not just for threatening a judge, but for what case that judge sits on.

An apology is a start, but, that gag order's going to hit him in the balls with a spiked mace if he doesn't shut the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's camp has been on the bubble guts of the shitty scale today...its only Monday.

This McCabe though, I like him. He studied Trump like a book. My concern is that he will make other parties look like there is actually a conspiracy against Trump, and that Trump is just a shitty person.

edit: As on 10:30 pm Monday he still hasn't stopped tweeting...
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-02-19 at 03:31 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive