I can see the line; "We are not amused."

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else get a craving for turnips after reading the last page?
    Or was it just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

NYT: Acting Att Gen Whitaker maybe have perjured himself before a US House committee by claiming Trump never tried to pressure him over the Russia probe. https://t.co/uChQKQOXz9
    https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/...069978112?s=19

First we all assume that the president talked to Whittaker about the investigation. The funny and sad part is Whittaker should have assumed this was known. Like an idiot and trump lackey, he chose to lie in front of the committee anyways. If report is true.

President Trump may have tried to interfere with the investigation of his former fixer Michael Cohen by asking the acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, to put a Trump ally in charge of the probe, according to a New York Times report https://t.co/zPrAFQErnJ https://t.co/mz0eTb1o2G
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1097964815262404610?s=19

The sad part is I didn't know to post here or Shitshow thread.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2019-02-19 at 10:39 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/...069978112?s=19

First we all assume that the president talked to Whittaker about the investigation. The funny and sad part is Whittaker should have assumed this was known. Like an idiot and trump lackey, he chose to lie in front of the committee anyways. If report is true.
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1097964815262404610?s=19
    The sad part is I didn't know to post here or Shitshow thread.
    Hate defending trump, but the report I saw said that Trump "asked whitaker if it'd be possible to replace the current AG working on the case with the guy who recused himself from the case". Not that he told him to do it, or pressured him to do it. So all Whitaker has to do is say he didn't feel pressured over it, and that's it.

Considering his competency, I'm surprised he didn't claim someone hacked his account. Perhaps there's still time?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Hate defending trump, but the report I saw said that Trump "asked whitaker if it'd be possible to replace the current AG working on the case with the guy who recused himself from the case". Not that he told him to do it, or pressured him to do it. So all Whitaker has to do is say he didn't feel pressured over it, and that's it.
    The report from the NYT was that Trump soured on Whitaker and complained to and about him him over his inability to put Berman in charge because he needed the problem to go away. If Trump insulted him in any way, used a hostile tone in his complaints, and based on the wording of the request, that still qualifies as obstruction by attempted intimidation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's being reported by multiple sources that McCabe briefed the "Gang of Eight" on the March 2017 FBI probe into Trump's possible treasonous actions.
    "No one objected — not on legal grounds, not on constitutional grounds, and not based on the facts,” he said Tuesday in an interview on NBC’s “Today,” ahead of the release of his book about his time at the FBI under Trump.
    For those that don't know, the Gang of Eight are eight members of the Intelligence Committees from each side (4 from Dems and 4 from GOP). Which means Trump's Deep State bs just got a lot thicker - the GOP knew about this investigation back in March of 2017.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-02-19 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The report from the NYT was that Trump soured on Whitaker and complained to and about him him over his inability to put Berman in charge because he needed the problem to go away. If Trump insulted him in any way, used a hostile tone in his complaints, and based on the wording of the request, that still qualifies as obstruction by attempted intimidation.
    Oh, I was only talking about whether Whitaker lied in front of congress, not whether or not it was obstruction. Whitaker was asked if he was pressured to intervene, or if trump vented to him about the investigation. Whitaker said no, but those things are completely subjective, and not something you could hang a perjury trial on, even with these new revelations.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's being reported by multiple sources that McCabe briefed the "Gang of Eight" on the March 2017 FBI probe into Trump's possible treasonous actions.

For those that don't know, the Gang of Eight are eight members of the Intelligence Committees from each side (4 from Dems and 4 from GOP). Which means Trump's Deep State bs just got a lot thicker - the GOP knew about this investigation back in March of 2017.
    Sorta, it's the top people from the senate and house in both parties (turtle/schumer-ryan/pelosi) and the top people from both chambers' intel committees from both parties (schiff/nunes-burr/warner). Only 1/2 are from the intel committees.

Edit: Also, it knew about the investigation before the election. Both partys' leadership were informed, turtle prevented it from being made public.
    Edit x2: That's who the gang of 8 was in 2016-most of 2018, in 2018, ryan->mccarthy.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-02-20 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Edit: Also, it knew about the investigation before the election. Both partys' leadership were informed, turtle prevented it from being made public.
    This.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58761...erence-in-2016

The Obama administration wanted to go out with a bipartisan statement, McConnell refused. Out of concern for giving the appearance that they were putting their thumbs on the scale for Hillary, Obama decided to not go out with an official comment/report and kept other Democrats from doing so as well.

It's literally all because McConnell refused to sign on and Obama didn't want to appear the partisan, when in reality the only partisan involved was McConnell.

WHO BY THE WAY is working closely with his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, to funnel influential politicians and business leaders from Kentucky to her office for special treatment.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...onship-1163655

You know, not remotely shady or corrupt.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorta, it's the top people from the senate and house in both parties (turtle/schumer-ryan/pelosi) and the top people from both chambers' intel committees from both parties (schiff/nunes-burr/warner). Only 1/2 are from the intel committees.

Edit x2: That's who the gang of 8 was in 2016-most of 2018, in 2018, ryan->mccarthy.
    Good point - leadership and intel committee chairs/ranking members. Huge though that now there is definitive proof the GOP knew about it before the election and chose to sit on it. I'm not saying McCabe's word is definitive, but the briefing is - there will be proof it happened (unless Nunes destroyed it).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58761...erence-in-2016

The Obama administration wanted to go out with a bipartisan statement, McConnell refused. Out of concern for giving the appearance that they were putting their thumbs on the scale for Hillary, Obama decided to not go out with an official comment/report and kept other Democrats from doing so as well.

It's literally all because McConnell refused to sign on and Obama didn't want to appear the partisan, when in reality the only partisan involved was McConnell.

WHO BY THE WAY is working closely with his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, to funnel influential politicians and business leaders from Kentucky to her office for special treatment.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...onship-1163655

You know, not remotely shady or corrupt.
    It's a good indication of why McConnell has been sucking Trump's dick for so long - he's up to his eyeballs in it. McConnell might be on the jail time list at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good point - leadership and intel committee chairs/ranking members. Huge though that now there is definitive proof the GOP knew about it before the election and chose to sit on it. I'm not saying McCabe's word is definitive, but the briefing is - there will be proof it happened (unless Nunes destroyed it).

- - - Updated - - -

It's a good indication of why McConnell has been sucking Trump's dick for so long - he's up to his eyeballs in it. McConnell might be on the jail time list at this point.
    I think the only reason he's defending Trump is because he's so far in with the Russians (maybe even further than Trump himself) that he knows he's going down if the Russia stuff is uncovered (which it already has beeen).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I think the only reason he's defending Trump is because he's so far in with the Russians (maybe even further than Trump himself) that he knows he's going down if the Russia stuff is uncovered (which it already has beeen).
    Good point. They've found moneys from the NRA to McConnell directly, right? Something like $1MM iirc.

Good point. They've found moneys from the NRA to McConnell directly, right? Something like $1MM iirc.
    Not as far as I know. Maybe his senate majority pac, but himself? Doubtful.

I remember bringing that up to you before, I think it was to his majority PAC as Ripster42 said.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If McConnell is implicated in the final report. Would he still be able to have any say in the impeachment process?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    If McConnell is implicated in the final report. Would he still be able to have any say in the impeachment process?
    Yes. He would not be removed from office until he himself was impeached (or voted out when his term is up).

Edit: To be clear in what I'm saying, he would still have a vote in the process. The chances he would remain majority leader in those circumstances are low.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2019-02-20 at 03:02 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not as far as I know. Maybe his senate majority pac, but himself? Doubtful.
    Ah, ok - that's right. So much money laundering and illegal activity to keep track of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I remember bringing that up to you before, I think it was to his majority PAC as Ripster42 said.
    Gotcha. That's right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cohen's jail time pushed back by sixty days.

It's the surgery thing again. He's been given time to heal.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Looks like we’re gonna know pretty soon just how much you guys have wasted your time and mental faculties on this. Good luck with that report that may or may not ever see the light of day.
    Source? Cite? Any information for us or just more willfully ignorant hyperbole? Or did all those Trump people not plead guilty and go to jail already?