Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Just repeating what I'm hearing...
    Some of the punditcuters are annoyed that they didn't go through the deconfliction process.
    Never heard of that, but I'm not a lawyer.

State charges from NY? Manafort is going to die in prison.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    So a mannafuck is apex 3.5-4yrs? Sentenced to 2 manafucks? idk but I like it. Whats the conversion to mooches?
    More like 7.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Never heard of that, but I'm not a lawyer.

State charges from NY? Manafort is going to die in prison.
    I might have the wrong word, but to my understanding it's having all the different jurisdictions work together to get the maximum sentence they can in the least amount of cases they can bring so the defendant isn't in trial forever and the government spends less money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if Trump pardons him now he can take a vacation before New York sentences him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have the wrong word, but to my understanding it's having all the different jurisdictions work together to get the maximum sentence they can in the least amount of cases they can bring so the defendant isn't in trial forever and the government spends less money.
    And that's a fair question to raise. No, really, that's a completely valid thing to discuss.

Up until Trump pardons are included in the discussion. Then separating the trials becomes mandatory. There will be no cheating justice today.

Apparently Trump's Legal team had a backchannel with Michael Cohen at one point...

And there are emails. Obstruction anyone?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/polit...llo/index.html

An attorney who said he was speaking with President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani reassured Michael Cohen in an April 2018 email that Cohen could "sleep well tonight" because he had "friends in high places," according to a copy of an email obtained by CNN.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-13 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria quoting some mysterious dude View Post
    "An attorney who said he was speaking"
    Ah, looks like someone was either
    (a) intentionally keeping their legal distance so Trump could say "That could be anyone's lawyer!"
    (b) lying.

But, yeah, pardon dangling. Not the first time this subject's come up. Doubt it will be the last. How's it going, Stone?

"Your Honor, I'm sorry I accidentally lied about my book plans. It was just locker-room breaking of a gag order and in no way intended to pollute the jury pool and you should by no means block the sale of my book please please PLEASE don't take my money."

Not great, I see. Yep, Stone and his lawyers accidentally whoopsie daisy forgot to mention the "imminent release" of the book while the gag order was being negotiated, nor did they make any attempts in any way to delay its release despite being ordered not to talk about the case and the book doing precisely that. Also he forgot to mention that, as soon as the gag order rumors surfaced, Stone immediately emailed his publisher to push the book out the door as quickly as possible, because the gag order was coming.

Only the best people.

Pretty disappointed by the sentencing, but not surprised. Hoping NYState comes down on his ass like a ton of bricks, but they'd better have their case solidly built. I would have rather had a much harsher penalty levied at him given his crimes, particularly because the more time Manafort has to serve, the more money he has to hand over, the more Stone is likely to shit his Depends and start singing like a bird to the feds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s going to need to basically plea guilty and pray for mercy.
    NYState is out for fucking blood. Praying for mercy might have worked twice, but he'd be an idiot to try it again.

Yeah this is pretty common. Hits for the major crimes in a joint collab to save time and effort for all parties and reduce legal costs for the government and the person on trial.

Trump just blew that up with the ability to pardon though so it's no surprise everyone else was gunning for their own pound of flesh and just staggered the charges enough to leave room open (like NY) in case of interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Edit: Nevermind.

Someone got butthurt and reported my signature for speaking the truth. Trying to appeal it now.

My signature was

"Bad faith posters that just derail threads, best to just ignore these posters than to feed them:

Shalcker, Dacien, Sulla, DocSavageFan, Daethz, PrimaryColor, Lockedout, Healing Rain, thewalkingdude( AKA Negan AKA Ned Stark), Maudib"

And I intend to get it restored if I can.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2019-03-13 at 06:56 PM.

PM a global mod about it.
    Just did, would rather have it as my signature than to have to copy it manually repeatedly when people keep feeding them.

Well, if NY gets MF for more years...that'll be a sentence that can't be pardoned. So I imagine Trump won't even bother with him anymore.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Just did, would rather have it as my signature than to have to copy it manually repeatedly when people keep feeding them.
    Agreed. I hope you get it back.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He’s going to need to basically plea guilty and pray for mercy.
    Agreed. And even that won't help him, as @Breccia pointed out, because New York is going to bury him with his own objective crimes.

Witness tampering? Feels like it to me.
    Time for more subpoenas of Trump's lawyers for possibly participating in criminal acts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Edit: Nevermind.

Someone got butthurt and reported my signature for speaking the truth. Trying to appeal it now.

My signature was

"Bad faith posters that just derail threads, best to just ignore these posters than to feed them:

Shalcker, Dacien, Sulla, DocSavageFan, Daethz, PrimaryColor, Lockedout, Healing Rain, thewalkingdude( AKA Negan AKA Ned Stark), Maudib"

And I intend to get it restored if I can.
    Here's hoping you get it back. If only everyone just ignored them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

He would have to give up one hell of a lot of evidence on someone huge. And I’m not convinced he has it.
    im deeply hoping for a tape of the trump tower meeting.

Witness tampering? Feels like it to me.
    My Lawyers Can't be this (Cute...err) Stupid

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He would have to give up one hell of a lot of evidence on someone huge. And I’m not convinced he has it.
    Same. Plus, if he did hold something back, that would mean more lies to the Special Prosecutor, and more jail time. Part of the questioning process that Mueller's team uses is "tell us everything we don't know that you feel is relevant to our investigation". So if Manafort held back, he's lied - more jail time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    im deeply hoping for a tape of the trump tower meeting.
    It's possible that Cohen has something like this and Mueller has it already cataloged and entered as sealed evidence. Remember, there are (I think) two more sealed indictments. One of which we think is Trump.