https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...96120813744129 Something is coming - - - Updated - - - Robert Mueller’s team says it will be very busy in the coming days

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office asked a court for an 11-day extension on a filing deadline Tuesday — claiming that, for the time being, key attorneys on their team were too busy with “the press of other work.”

The reference immediately raised eyebrows among close watchers of the special counsel’s work — because there are no known important deadlines in Mueller cases coming up. So what, then, is Mueller’s team so busy with at the moment?

Tuesday’s request comes in response to a request by the Washington Post to unseal certain materials related to former Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort. The deadline for Mueller’s team to respond was supposed to be this Thursday, March 21 — but they’ve asked it be extended to April 1. Here’s the key paragraph:

“The counsel responsible for preparing the response face the press of other work and require additional time to consult within the government,” Mueller’s team writes.

The lawyers referenced are Michael Dreeben and Adam Jed. But it’s unclear what they’re busy with at the moment. There are no imminent deadlines in Roger Stone’s case, or the two appeals from a Stone associate and a mystery company. There’s a March 25 deadline in the Russian troll farm case, but Dreeben and Jed don’t appear to be involved in that filing.

They seem to be working on something else, and that could well be Mueller’s report. Both Dreeben and Jed are appellate attorneys rather than trial prosecutors. So it would make sense if they were spending their time on Mueller’s biggest task of all, his report, for which there are unsettled legal and constitutional issues about what information can be made public and how to handle Trump’s role as president. It is also possible, though, that the pair are working on some other secret matter we don’t know about.

My Hope is Jr. Gets it.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    My Hope is Jr. Gets it.
    Considering I don't think he or Kushner have been called in to talk to Mueller, I wouldn't doubt they are part of either Mueller's investigation or SDNY's investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why not both?
    Wouldn't bother me any. Both shitweasels probably deserve it one way or another. While we are at it, take Ivanka too. I mean, didn't the Trump's donate money to drop the investigation into Jr and Ivanka from a few years ago? Yes the were. Marc Kasowitz went to the NY D. A.'s office and they dropped the charges/investigation on Felony Fraud. https://www.propublica.org/article/i...d-felony-fraud

Wonder if the SDNY is looking into this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Yes there are a set number of seats for the Supreme Court. This is set by federal law (last changed in late 1800s). Each seat is a specific seat as well, as each Justice oversees a specific court circuit. Kavanaugh replaced Kennedy in the seat with oversight of the Seventh Circuit.
    There are 13 circuits, though, so by that reasoning there should be four more justices.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    There are 13 circuits, though, so by that reasoning there should be four more justices.
    Nope because some seats have multiple circuits assigned for oversight. For instance the Chief Justice by default has the DC Circuit Court and the Federal Circuit plus whatever circuit they were originally appointed into. These can change from time to time, but generally those with multiple circuits are more senior and have circuits with lower populations.

Nope because some seats have multiple circuits assigned for oversight. For instance the Chief Justice by default has the DC Circuit Court and the Federal Circuit plus whatever circuit they were originally appointed into. These can change from time to time, but generally those with multiple circuits are more senior and have circuits with lower populations.
    So glad to see a mod that, instead of doing what they should be doing, discouraging off-topic discussion, just furthers it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Fair enough. Still, even the eleven numbered circuits could serve as justification for adding more seats if someone was looking for that fight. Not that I think it should be messed with lightly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Fair enough. Still, even the eleven numbered circuits could serve as justification for adding more seats if someone was looking for that fight. Not that I think it should be messed with lightly.
    Right? Leave it to a conservative to add even more undue burden on our judicial branch, which goes against due process and a speedy trial, under the guise of keeping tradition.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Remember that time that the Mueller Report was going to be released next week, a month ago?

I remember that time when it would be released next week, a year ago . . .
    Yeah, it was supposed to end by Thanksgiving 2017. Then by Spring 2018, then Thanksgiving 2018, and now it is supposed to be any day now. Even though the Grand Jury has been approved to go through September that Mueller has been using.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Remember that time that the Mueller Report was going to be released next week, a month ago?
    Remember how Manafort wouldn't flip and Cohen could be totally trusted?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I remember that time when it would be released next week, a year ago . . .
    "Clearly Mueller has nothing, that's why the investigation is coming to an end in a week" - Conservatives like 8 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "Clearly Mueller has nothing, that's why the investigation is coming to an end in a week" - Conservatives like 8 times now.
    No, Trump is clearly in cahoots with Putin, just because no evidence has come up just proves Mueller's incompetence.

Put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in charge of the investigation, she will get things done!
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    No, Trump is clearly in cahoots with Putin, just because no evidence has come up just proves Mueller's incompetence.

Put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in charge of the investigation, she will get things done!
    So in Sweden, all evidence found in an investigation that isn't over yet is put out there for the public?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I don't know how things work in Sweden, but in the US it is not common for evidence to be released in the middle of an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So in Sweden, all evidence found in an investigation that isn't over yet is put out there for the public?
    Are we even sure he/she is from sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    Are we even sure he/she is from sweden?
    I am Vladimir Putin.

- - - Updated - - -

If they had anything on Trump it would be all over the news.

If they had anything on Trump it would be all over the news.
    That is a lie. In fact, if that is true, then if they had nothing, that too would be all over the news.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

That is a lie. In fact, if that is true, then if they had nothing, that too would be all over the news.
    The mainstream media hates Trump so I really doubt that.