Has Mueller asked Putin yet if he is colluding?
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Has Mueller asked Putin yet if he is colluding?
    No but Trump did and Putin said he wasn't. And Trump has no reason not to believe he would.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No but Trump did and Putin said he wasn't. And Trump has no reason not to believe he would.
    Damn, that is terrible english.

Would you care for a second try?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Brace yourself.

Republican leaks of 'no wrong doing' incoming.
    DoJ is already like "NO MORE INDICTMENT WE'RE GOOD"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Damn, that is terrible english.

Would you care for a second try?
    That sentence is perfectly readable.
    Don't project your lack of comprehension on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That would be pretty astounding, as there are cases in virginia, dc, and ny that are still going, all of which might lead to cooperating witnesses, and subpoenas that are still being adjudicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    That would be pretty astounding, as there are cases in virginia, dc, and ny that are still going, all of which might lead to cooperating witnesses, and subpoenas that are still being adjudicated.
    Those are separate and likely not a part of the report.

- - - Updated - - -

That sentence is perfectly readable.
    Don't project your lack of comprehension on others.
    I'm sorry but I can't read gibberish and you should never use double negatives.

From Mueller. That's the key thing. Anything that's been farmed out can still have indictments come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    So the result of all of this is Trump stays on, plays the victim card to get reelected, and in Pence's second term we find out that Trump was guilty all along?
    No. I'm saying a long running concern of mine is that the public and the intelligence community are operating on two different wavelengths.

For the public, anything and everything the intelligence community has with regards to Trump-Russia would be relevant in filling in the blanks. And there will be blanks. Big ones.

For the intelligence community, they're more concerned historically with parochialism (inter-agency rivalries) or more generally "big picture". They wouldn't want to burn a source close to Putin in order to inform the public, because they think that source would be useful to them in the future. We've seen pretty much exactly this with the 9/11 Comission report, followed by subsequent revelations.

For me, I think this is big enough for all-hands-on deck for the entire US government. The report will only exacerbate the "reality split" Trump has already brought about. The more the IC shows, the better it will be. The worst possible world is if in 2022, President Biden declassified the entire report, and it turns out that Trump should have been prosecuted for T reason when he got off with a bad news cycle, because the IC sat on something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold up.

Something doesn't add up. The Mueller Grand Jury still has sealed documents/indictments that were never acted upon.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    From Mueller. That's the key thing. Anything that's been farmed out can still have indictments come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Those are separate and likely not a part of the report.
    Right, which is why it would be pretty weird to see DoJ saying "no more indictments in the election interference investigation." As I said previously, this is likely just a status report on russian interference, and not interference as a whole. Besides, current DoJ policy says you can't indict trump while he's president. So anyone reading into it that this clears trump hasn't been paying attention.

Hold up.

Something doesn't add up. The Mueller Grand Jury still has sealed documents/indictments that were never acted upon.
    Mueller's been farming out the indictments to standing DoJ divisions and Attorneys. It's been one of the ways he protected the investigation.

One of the earliest mischaracterizations that was made with the Special Counsel's Office was that it was, in effect, like Ken Starr's office, a mini-DoJ-for-Trump. In actually, the entire time Mueller operated it as an investigative group, that, with a couple of exceptions, when it got something, distributed it to parts of the DoJ that regularly handle that sort of thing.

Basically Mueller saw his job as investigative, not prosecutorial, by in large.

Which means those Sealed Indictments will still be acted on, by the DoJ itself.

Hold up.

Those are still there I believe, there's just no more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Those are still there I believe, there's just no more coming.
    Again, this is a bad reading of the facts. As we don't know what evidence those cases could turn up, any speculation about "more indictments" is very premature.

Welp, so much for that.

Unfortunately the waiting isn't over even if we get to see the full report. We get to enjoy another 1-2 years of waiting for the other investigations to conclude.

For the first time I'll say it - @Skroe, don't get banned! Want to see everybody's reactions if/when info starts to release! =D Don't think the power of the Skroeban™ can add to anything else at this point! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No. I'm saying a long running concern of mine is that the public and the intelligence community are operating on two different wavelengths.

For the public, anything and everything the intelligence community has with regards to Trump-Russia would be relevant in filling in the blanks. And there will be blanks. Big ones.

For the intelligence community, they're more concerned historically with parochialism (inter-agency rivalries) or more generally "big picture". They wouldn't want to burn a source close to Putin in order to inform the public, because they think that source would be useful to them in the future. We've seen pretty much exactly this with the 9/11 Comission report, followed by subsequent revelations.

For me, I think this is big enough for all-hands-on deck for the entire US government. The report will only exacerbate the "reality split" Trump has already brought about. The more the IC shows, the better it will be. The worst possible world is if in 2022, President Biden declassified the entire report, and it turns out that Trump should have been prosecuted for T reason when he got off with a bad news cycle, because the IC sat on something.
    I am a lot less confident that Biden, or any democrat, will defeat Trump than I was a while back. If Biden, or any democrat, wins, well there IS no worst case scenario and I really won't care so much what happens to Trump, especially if the Senate is also taken over by the democrats. In this case I would be more interested in moving the US forward rather than revisiting the Trump nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Unfortunately the waiting isn't over even if we get to see the full report. We get to enjoy another 1-2 years of waiting for the other investigations to conclude.
    ...not to mention sentencings being passed, ect. Manafort alone is already probably going to be a 2-year series of courtroom dates. >_<

Again, this is a bad reading of the facts. As we don't know what evidence those cases could turn up, any speculation about "more indictments" is very premature.
    Those are different cases not handled by Mueller. The word is there are no more Mueller indictments, that's it. Nothing about the existing sealed ones. Nothing about the other investigations.