Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The House can subpoena any information they want without Senate approval.

edit: Nadler is already working on getting Barr in front of his committee for questioning, which then opens up for subpoenas.
    And get embarrassed a second time about this matter.

I'm just trying to play the long game here. Better this happened now vs next spring. But dragging it on hurts the Dems.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Disagree.

This will just drag on the inevitable. Even if there is some cover up they will do just that...cover it up. The longer this drags out and the closer to 2020 this disaster sticks around, the worse off the Dems will be.

Just sweep it under the rug, show some humility and move on. Hopefully the mob is fickle with short memories, but the longer this goes on, the worse the stink will be.

Cut our losses and move on.
    THIS. People will keep bickering instead of saying "Oh, how can we actually combat Trump instead of clinging onto the 2016 election?". The Mueller Report is out. More information will be released. However that doesn't mean something will just pop up to put Trump in hot water. The man's untouchable. If he's made it this far, especially with one of the biggest scandals in US history, then he can make it for another 4 years.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Considering that this level of shitpost is common among russian trolls on twitter, one can say that they know something is up (the trolls on twitter)
    The Russian trolls are on overdrive right now. This is crazy. I've had to add 16 new accounts to ignore in the last hour. I haven't seen this level of attempted damage control in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    /boggle

It's weird seeing someone say essentially say they don't want to see the evidence. Because the guy in trump's corner specifically saying the report does not exonerate him, should make you want to see the evidence, because they've clearly got more than is in the public sphere.
    What does it matter? He's still not getting charged with any crime. And just another opportunity for Trump to spin it and gaslight everyone.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    And get embarrassed a second time about this matter.

I'm just trying to play the long game here. Better this happened now vs next spring. But dragging it on hurts the Dems.
    I think the American People, at least, deserve to know what's in the report so we can draw our conclusions from the findings rather than rely on a partisan-appointed toadies non-answer.

It'd be like getting a barely-failing grade on an essay but your teacher refuses to tell you what you did wrong besides 'Well it could've been better?'.

Is anyone else here bothered by the fact that DOJ policy is essentially a siting president is above the law?

If it completely exonerates him, why does Barr need congress to compel him to release full report?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Is anyone else here bothered by the fact that DOJ policy is essentially a siting president is above the law?
    I imagine it'll be one of the first things looked at by the next Dem administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Good thing the "dossier" had almost nothing too do with this investigation *shrug*
    It was used to get fisa warrants and prompted the investigation of Michael Cohen.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 years and for what? The media has been trying to spin this nonsense as well. What's going to happen to them? Whoops. Guess their ratings are going to go back into the toilet.

What's that? It's not good enough? We need to see the full report so we can pull more out of our asses? Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    2 years and for what? The media has been trying to spin this nonsense as well. What's going to happen to them? Whoops. Guess their ratings are going to go back into the toilet.
    Except we still don't know anything until the Mueller report is released. Barr's letter explicitly states that it doesn't exonerate Trump but they're essentially punting the ball to Congress.

We have no idea what Mueller said or recommended as the letter was drafted without consulting Mueller and done by an infamous GOP operative who has penned memos in the past and publicly stated that he doesn't believe a president can obstruct justice, believes presidents can't be indicted, and wanted the Mueller probe killed right after it started, while being famously involved in the Iran Contra coverup.

Essentially, we don't know shit until we've seen the report as we have the sole opinion of one guy with a shady history but none of the source details or opinions of the guy who actually wrote the report.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2019-03-24 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Right now, the US is hanging on a razor's edge. If it tips, full blown dictatorship. Our constitution is fundamentally broken and is going to need a TON of work. The founders made the mistake of assuming politicians would be decent people that have the good of the country in mind. They never planned on Russia planting stooges in all levels of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    The email investigation was anything but bullshit, unless by bullshit you mean the way the AG told the FBI to not charge her with gross negligence (according to testimonly by Lisa Page) or any of the other irregularities involved in the investigation.
    Bush deleted emails. Trump is on personal calls. Trumps daughter using private email.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Right now, the US is hanging on a razor's edge. If it tips, full blown dictatorship. Our constitution is fundamentally broken and is going to need a TON of work. The founders made the mistake of assuming politicians would be decent people that have the good of the country in mind. They never planned on Russia planting stooges in all levels of government.
    There's racial tension and hate for sure but how exactly is the US close to full blown dictatorship??
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I'm not afraid of AOC.Actually maybe I should be....complete morons in any form of power is scary.
    Yep, look at Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    No collusion. No obstruction as there is no underlying crime. Total victory.
    Jesus Christ. You obviously didn't read anything did you? Did you come from Trump's twitter feed?

The reason why people are worried about a dictatorship is because of how Trump has constantly praised people like Putin, Kim Jong-un, etc... while attacking our democratic allies.

But, one thing that does make me feel more optimistic about Trump and republicans not furthering their abuse of power is that this Mueller investigation managed to start and finish. Obviously Trump wanted to kill it since we know he had to be talked down from it several times by people around him. But that didn't happen. So that's something to feel good about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yep, look at Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus Christ. You obviously didn't read anything did you? Did you come from Trump's twitter feed?
    No, they didn't read anything, except what they're being told to post. The товарищ need their turnips.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2019-03-24 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

What's that? It's not good enough? We need to see the full report so we can pull more out of our asses? Typical.
    Yeah it was nothing, if you ignore all the indictments.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    If it completely exonerates him, why does Barr need congress to compel him to release full report?
    Because facts are hard to spin once they're out in the open. Other people could contradict Barr's 'opinion'.

5+ Year Old Account
    I must say that 2 years of "collusions" was much more fun then the "birth certificate" period. The Democrats outdid them selfs this time hehehe