Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes minister is still amazing and relevant.
    Funnily enough, I've started appreciating Sir Nigel since I'm working in the civil service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I still find myself watching clips from that show on Youtube all the time. Unbeatable writing.
    Their bit about Europe, amazing how it's still relevant today and how it explains the British attitude so well.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Maybe US liberals will now get they are focusing on the wrong shit, Trump has literal concentration camps for fucks sake.

AoC summed this whole shitshow up best.
    Thats ironic from miss new green deal

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I doubt as many trolls would bother creating burners if they had to post 100 posts in other subs. Besides, it would spread the workload to other mods.
    They would just spam bullshit for 100 posts, takes them 5 minutes longer and back they are. In the meantime, those other forums are full of spam shit and their mods are not used to dealing with outright bullshit like that. I mean, seriously, as far as modding goes, I imagine GenOT and /politics are probably the worst biohazard on this forum. The amount of finely tuned "near-infractions" that regular posters like me are doing constantly probably gives them headaches on a good day. Like what I'm doing right now, by all rights I should be infracted for moderation discussion, but probably won't as long as I shut up about it within about 1-2 posts... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Maybe US liberals will now get they are focusing on the wrong shit, Trump has literal concentration camps for fucks sake.

AoC summed this whole shitshow up best.
    lol if you don't vote for her you are racists!!!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    This has already gone off topic enough, for my sins in taking part in such, let's not perpetuate that with talk about moderation and banned accounts.
    Any useful discussion on this topic was shut down when the report came out. This chat thread is not constructive at all for the nothingburger it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Trump is a racist.

He has said things about brown and black people that might get us banned for even quoting. He describes them using the same language that white nationalists use, like "invasion." His administration is splitting up immigrant families and has banned people from random Muslim countries from entering. His dad marched with the KKK, and Donald himself made a 1page ad calling for the execution of 5 black accused rapists, and never apologized when they

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Any useful discussion on this topic was shut down when the report came out. This chat thread is not constructive at all for the nothingburger it is.
    The report hasn't come out though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    "Oh shit I have no substantive arguments, quick think of a strawman!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

There is interesting discussion to be had when the details of the report are public, but probably not before. The legal battle to have it released is going to be pretty boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "Oh shit I have no substantive arguments, quick think of a strawman!"
    Not even invoking strawmen, just another lazy attempt at baiting people to pay attention to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I am not @Skroe but if I was, I would probably post something like this:

That looks about right, doesn't it? Seems like something he'd say.
    I hope that is his work, thanks for posting it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

After reading a bit more on the subject... I don't think Mueller intended Barr to make any determinations on Obstruction as it's congress's job to make that determination.

Notice how there are no quotes in Barr's memo that are complete sentences. We're missing a ton of context.

Then there's the fact there are numerous other investigations into the president and the job he's done in office. The fact Trump is going to use this to go after his enemies shows his character, as if we need another example to prove he's a horrendous individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So you think he investigated for 2 years, got the media calling his office every day to find out if there's something new, got senators and other assorted politicians pestering him about it... and then when he comes out of it, he hands over the least significant teaser... just to build up the suspense? :P

He got nothing. Look elsewhere, deal with it politically.
    Trump's appointed AG Barr, who helped Republican cover ups before, refuses to release the report, not Mueller.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Trump's appointed AG Barr, who helped Republican cover ups before, refuses to release the report, not Mueller.
    Also worth noting Barr is refusing to release to the public or Congress Trump's written answer to Muller's questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The DoJ makes prosecutions, not Mueller. It's the job of Barr and Rosenstein to find any cases for prosecution and present them to the house. Rosenstein, who by the way detests trump and plotted for his impeachment. If Rosenstein can't find a prosecutory case in the report then maybe just maybe the game is up and it's time to let your fuckwitted conspiracy theory go.

I'm not even American and it seems like 90% of the yanks posting here have even less understanding of their political system than AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Trump is a racist.

He has said things about brown and black people that might get us banned for even quoting. He describes them using the same language that white nationalists use, like "invasion." His administration is splitting up immigrant families and has banned people from random Muslim countries from entering. His dad marched with the KKK, and Donald himself made a 1page ad calling for the execution of 5 black accused rapists, and never apologized when they
    If that's how you feel, don't vote for him. As for me i'll continue voting libertarian for federal elections. AOC's tweet is a hate filled ball of vile meant to catch up everyone not with her cause. I see it for what it is and gave it what it justly deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Not even invoking strawmen, just another lazy attempt at baiting people to pay attention to them.
    Sky high is my biggest fan, listen to his words of astonishing wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    The DoJ makes prosecutions, not Mueller. It's the job of Barr and Rosenstein to find any cases for prosecution and present them to the house. Rosenstein, who by the way detests trump and plotted for his impeachment. If Rosenstein can't find a prosecutory case in the report then maybe just maybe the game is up and it's time to let your fuckwitted conspiracy theory go.

I'm not even American and it seems like 90% of the yanks posting here have even less understanding of their political system than AOC.
    Barr never believed the President could obstruct justice. He laid it out in a memo last year.

The fact the letter has language such as this - “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him." - means that there's something there and we need to see the full report.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

Rosenstein is subordinate to Barr, and so the four page summary is of Barr's judgement, not Rosenstein's. Either way the US is in a critical test for legitimacy right now. A political appointee is now denying the public release of the report.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account

Liar.

The report is not out.

All we have is Trump's handpicked AG's own hot take.

How about we wait for the report and see if Mueller has uncovered a really good explanation for why Trump tried to stop any investigation into how he and his toadies lied about their dealings with Russia while Trump was asking for and received Russian help getting elected?
    Impeach the MF.

Any useful discussion on this topic was shut down when the report came out.
    It hasn't, though.