Mueller did not make any conclusions about Obstruction of Justice -
    This was done entirely by Barr.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/polit...ion/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Yeah, to see republicans spinning this as an exoneration just shows how off the rails their politics are.
    There's nothing to be exonerated from. There's got to be a crime first to be exonerated from it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The same group of people saying the Mueller investigation was going to be the end of Trump are now saying it will be something else lmao. We're gonna get em for sure this time. Or the next.
    Congress hasn't even seen the report, so how would you make this conclusion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    There's nothing to be exonerated from. There's got to be a crime first to be exonerated from it.
    Then why did Barr say those exact words in his four page summary? The talking points coming from conservatives today are all over the place, just more obfuscation.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Congress hasn't even seen the report, so how would you make this conclusion?
    "The special counsel's team told Attorney General Bill Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein that Robert Mueller would not be reaching a conclusion on obstruction of justice" ~ CNN

Then why did Barr say those exact words in his four page summary? The talking points coming from conservatives today are all over the place, just more obfuscation.
    Not sure? Maybe he isn't very smart? Why do you think he said it?

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

This is a pretty good piece on why Barr's letter is basically just him putting his thumb on the scale -
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3e81f9486ebf

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the tendency of Trump staffers to straight up lie and contradict themselves, I'll wait for the actual report and the completion of the other few-dozen investigations.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Given the tendency of Trump staffers to straight up lie and contradict themselves, I'll wait for the actual report and the completion of the other few-dozen investigations.
    That's fair. I would just say not to hold you breath that there's anything criminal in there. I suspect if there was we would already know about it. Mueller has been pretty quick to contradict folks who are misrepresenting him.

~ Daryl Davis

15+ Year Old Account
    "The special counsel's team told Attorney General Bill Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein that Robert Mueller would not be reaching a conclusion on obstruction of justice" ~ CNN
    Which is exonerating how? Do you know how much more batshit insane it is now his firing of Comey and the literal hundreds of tweets disparaging senior DOJ staff? This is what is extremely contradictory and shows that the president selected Barr for one reason; another person to sacrifice their reputation for the party.

Not sure? Maybe he isn't very smart? Why do you think he said it?
    Because he was appointed by Trump to ensure even more chaos and uncertainty regarding what exactly fucking happened during the final months of the 2016 election and during transition, and has continued to today, where the Trump Administration won't even share the transcripts from private unscheduled meetings with Putin and other Russian government officials with his own IC and other branches of government and the press.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    This is a pretty good piece on why Barr's letter is basically just him putting his thumb on the scale -
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3e81f9486ebf
    It's insane that even accomplished party loyalists like Barr are contradicting testimony that he made less than 2 months ago under oath. Like what the fuck is going on in the republican party right now.

Which is exonerating how? Do you know how much more batshit insane it is now his firing of Comey and the literal hundreds of tweets disparaging senior DOJ staff? This is what is extremely contradictory and shows that the president selected Barr for one reason; another person to sacrifice their reputation for the party.
    To you question of how...I don't know how it is exonerating. I don't see thing to exonerate from. And as I said earlier, if Barr is misrepresenting Mueller, we'll find out about it. CNN also has sources that have talked to the special counsel and they are saying the same as Barr.

So I dunno. Maybe everyone is lying? If it helps you to think Trump is a criminal without any evidence, than whatever man. I'm glad it makes you feel better. I just think it says more about you than it does about Trump.

~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Mueller did not make any conclusions about Obstruction of Justice -
    This was done entirely by Barr.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/25/polit...ion/index.html
    It's almost as if we've been saying this for the past 30 pages.

*Sigh*

15+ Year Old Account
    To you question of how...I don't know how it is exonerating. I don't see thing to exonerate from. And as I said earlier, if Barr is misrepresenting Mueller, we'll find out about it. CNN also has sources that have talked to the special counsel and they are saying the same as Barr.

So I dunno. Maybe everyone is lying? If it helps you to think Trump is a criminal without any evidence, than whatever man. I'm glad it makes you feel better. I just think it says more about you than it does about Trump.
    There is plenty of evidence that Trump is a criminal, vis a vis the NYTimes articles that came out last October regarding seven figure tax evasion and fraud spanning over four decades. Throw in his complete inability to tell the truth, to his own followers about the matter, and you have the quintessential Queens conman who will keep making shit up to further his own interests. His entire life has been wrought with corruption, graft, and abusing the legal process to fuck over contractors, gold star families, handicapped people, and countless others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Liar.

The report is not out.

All we have is Trump's handpicked AG's own hot take.

How about we wait for the report and see if Mueller has uncovered a really good explanation for why Trump tried to stop any investigation into how he and his toadies lied about their dealings with Russia while Trump was asking for and received Russian help getting elected?
    The investigation is over. No crime. No handcuffs. No meat on your taco. Just a spam chat thread with conspiracies.

There is plenty of evidence that Trump is a criminal, vis a vis the NYTimes articles that came out last October regarding seven figure tax evasion and fraud spanning over four decades. Throw in his complete inability to tell the truth, to his own followers about the matter, and you have the quintessential Queens conman who will keep making shit up to further his own interests. His entire life has been wrought with corruption, graft, and abusing the legal process to fuck over contractors, gold star families, handicapped people, and countless others.
    There is no evidence that Trump is evading taxes. Lying is not criminal. If it was, we'd all be in jail. All of his corruption tends to skirt the edge of the law, which is why he's 70 years old and not in jail yet.

~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account

It's insane that even accomplished party loyalists like Barr are contradicting testimony that he made less than 2 months ago under oath. Like what the fuck is going on in the republican party right now.
    Right now?
    Republicans have been hypocritical liars since Newt Gingrich's stint in Congress. They're just more open about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The investigation is over. No crime. No handcuffs. No meat on your taco. Just a spam chat thread with conspiracies.
    This level of dishonesty really is something to behold. Yeah guys, let’s just focus on Trump and not on all his buddies that broke the law and got caught in this investigation cuz that’s super easy and all the Trumpkins are doing it.

Lying is not criminal.
    I remember when Christopher Hitchens would say that it's almost disapointingly easy to get Clinton supporters to admit that they don't mind being lied to. It's nice to see that Trump supporters just give it right up.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no evidence that Trump is evading taxes. Lying is not criminal. If it was, we'd all be in jail. All of his corruption tends to skirt the edge of the law, which is why he's 70 years old and not in jail yet.
    There is plenty of evidence, right in the 10,000 word article form the NYTimes, and that's just tax evasion. There are also dozens of real estate transactions between Trump and Russian oligarchs spanning over three decades totaling in over nine figures, transactions that have been used historically by both Italian mobs in the US and others around the world to launder money, and that's just money laundering.

There's plenty of evidence regarding his use of using shell corporations and sham charities to again, evade taxation.

There's plenty of evidence that just came out two weeks ago of him committing perjury and fraud in the underwriting of a two billion dollar loan with Deutsche Bank.

Apparently there are now 20 other active Trump investigations now...

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...92251794268160
    (NEW) The *twenty* active Trump investigations, many addressing multinational collusion:

✅SDNY
    ✅EDNY
    ✅EDVA
    ✅USAO-DC
    ✅NYCDA
    ✅NYAG
    ✅NJAG
    ✅MDAG
    ✅DCAG
    ✅SCO
    ✅FBI
    ✅CIA
    ✅HPSCI
    ✅SSCI
    ✅HJC
    ✅HOC
    ✅HFSC
    ✅HWMC
    ✅NDCA
    ✅XXX*

individual 1. he's a unindicted co conspirator in a case that got someone 3 years in prison. so yeah, he's a criminal, and there is PLENTY evidence of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Right now?
    Republicans have been hypocritical liars since Newt Gingrich's stint in Congress. They're just more open about it now.
    Yeah, I mean I always assumed these career justice and military guys would fucking nut up and stand for something, but it's all a facade, they don't give a fuck, they already have their pension, and their healthcare.