Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But your claim the Republicans controlled the Senate could have impeached him if some Republicans had voted guilty is false. The only way he was going to get Impeached was if several Democrats voted for it.
    Zenkai was claiming Clinton was saved due to partisan politics, which requires everyone to vote as their political party votes.

I proved that claim to be false since several republicans voted against the impeachment. Your just dancing around that fact because you can't admit you've been proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Zenkai was claiming Clinton was saved due to partisan politics, which requires everyone to vote as their political party votes.

I proved that claim to be false since several republicans voted against the impeachment. Your just dancing around that fact because you can't admit you've been proven wrong.
    Don't worry, Zenkai will pull his same semantic partisan schtick. You used facts and evidence, he pulled shit out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah all 45 democrats and few RINOs voted not guilty, totally not partisan, quit lying to yourself.
    Changing the definition of partisan doesn't all of a sudden make it partisan.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It was very much a partisan effort considering not a single Democrat voted for it. When it was never going to pass without some. So his claim is correct.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Changing the definition of partisan doesn't all of a sudden make it partisan.
    How am I changing the definition? You think all 45 democrats voted not guilty because they truly believed he wasn't guilty? Do you think Republicans would vote to impeach Trump if they felt he was guilty?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Don't worry, Zenkai will pull his same semantic partisan schtick. You used facts and evidence, he pulled shit out of his ass.
    Because even though Clinton clearly lied, all 45 Democrats voted not guilty, totally wasn't partisan at all. Just like you're not a partisan for defending the decision. This is why I hate the party system, people throw out human decency, justice, and common sense to protect their party leaders.

Because even though Clinton clearly lied, all 45 Democrats voted not guilty, totally wasn't partisan at all. Just like you're not a partisan for defending the decision. This is why I hate the party system, people throw out human decency, justice, and common sense to protect their party leaders.
    The irony presented here is so thick it needs to go on a diet.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    How am I changing the definition? You think all 45 democrats voted not guilty because they truly believed he wasn't guilty? Do you think Republicans would vote to impeach Trump if they felt he was guilty?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they didn't believe perjuring himself about getting a BJ rose to the level of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' enough to throw him out of office? I mean, I'm not sure how old you were in 98, but things were going remarkably well back then. Now, that clearly doesn't give him a pass on his vile behavior, not at all, I'm of the opinion he should've stepped down, but maybe it wasn't worth the drama of convicting a President on the back end of his final term?

Regardless, I don't see how this is germane enough to the thread topic that we should be devoting a page and a half rehashing 21 year old news.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Maybe they didn't believe perjuring himself about getting a BJ rose to the level of 'high crimes and misdemeanors' enough to throw him out of office? I mean, I'm not sure how old you were in 98, but things were going remarkably well back then. Now, that clearly doesn't give him a pass on his vile behavior, not at all, I'm of the opinion he should've stepped down, but maybe it wasn't worth the drama of convicting a President on the back end of his final term?

Regardless, I don't see how this is germane enough to the thread topic that we should be devoting a page and a half rehashing 21 year old news.
    Additionally, he went and made a public apology for the whole fiasco.

They brought this up to prep in the unlikely event that the Democrats vote to impeach. Zenkai is just priming that pump.

Haha! Barr's defense of obstruction is that Trump was such a petulant child he was acting out.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Haha! Barr's defense of obstruction is that Trump was such a petulant child he was acting out.
    We can all agree Trump is a child, but that of course doesn't mean he gets away with it. Barr knows he's not Trump's personal lawyer, right?

"Jury, I plea to you that O.J. didn't know what he was doing and so he acted like a child. If the mental age doesn't fit, you must acquit."

I see a few talking about Clinton. The irony here is Trump and Republicans learned from the Clinton Investigation to never testify since he would face lying under oath and more specifically here knowing Trump would perjur himself.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

He was being investigated for treason, something we now know did not exist in the slightest, and you accuse him of acting like a child? I mean, this entire thing was a farce, a farce, to think that it has tied up 2+ years of our government, when they could've been doing something useful for the American people.

I truly hope the left pays for this during the next election cycle, and many to come for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    He was being investigated for treason, something we now know did not exist in the slightest, and you accuse him of acting like a child? I mean, this entire thing was a farce, a farce, to think that it has tied up 2+ years of our government, when they could've been doing something useful for the American people.
    The entire government was tied up with this? The ENTIRE. Government. They did nothing but solely this. For two years? Really?

I truly hope the left pays for this during the next election cycle, and many to come for that matter.
    You mean, they didn't try to get all the information, ILLEGALLY, that they could? Did the Trump Tower meeting not happen in your fucking world?

Mueller laid out legal theories on obstruction and Barr is disagreeing or choosing not to move forward. Barr stated he and Rosenstein disagree on these theories.

You do know that people can walk and chew gum at the same time, right? This didn't tie up 2+ years of our government because it's obvious that the GOP had other things in mind (giving corporations and the wealthy huge tax breaks, deregulating whatever they can, stacking the court system with conservative judges, and embarrassing our country by enabling a lying, deceitful child to reside in the White house) and much more.

If this is something useful, I am deeply concerned.

I really enjoyed everyone saying that he's trying to spin the report when he pulled quotes from the report. This afternoon is going to be great!

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Mueller laid out legal theories on obstruction and Barr is disagreeing or choosing not to move forward. Barr stated he and Rosenstein disagree on these theories.
    That sure speaks volumes doesn't it and pretty much confirms he's a hack as we already knew

So you are saying the Trump administration is so incompetent that they can't do more than one thing at a time even when they had full control of the US government. What a great way of saying that these people are complete and utter morons.

it's unbelievable honestly. If this was another politician they would have caved by now and the democrats would have gotten away with murder. Think about all the times they said they got him and that he should go ahead and resign. Insane!