Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Their INTENT was to collude though. They just didn't get any information. We know this because Trump's stupid son posted his emails and said he "loved it", when he found out the Russian government supposedly had Clinton emails. Trump even knew about it because he held a press conference saying that the week after the meeting they were going to have a press conference about Clinton's emails. That press conference didn't happen the way he wanted it to, hell, I don't even remember if it happened at all. And then Trump even wrote that the meeting was about adoption after the meeting, even though the meeting was set up to get emails in the first place.

Sorry, but the evidence isn't on your side.
    I mean...your god Mueller didn't find it. Maybe you should go talk to him or something since you have some inside knowledge. I'm just going off what his report said since Barr quoted the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Barr did state Russia hacked DNC emails and gave it to Wikileaks. I believe this is confirmed today, in which many didn't believe this.

Which again goes to Trump saying he 'Loves Wikileaks'. So again the whole Trump saying 'Russia release the emails' is more of a troubling issue.
    So a little more clarification.

Embedded in Barr remarks is an important qualifier: Trump campaign collusion with WikiLeaks could not be an illegal conspiracy because WL publication of the emails was not a crime since WL didn't help hack them. https://t.co/4E9TpxhUx0
    https://twitter.com/charlie_savage/s...721520128?s=19

Barr's spin or defense is that the Trump people didn't personally hack the DNC and give them to Wikileaks. His spin again is that Russia hacked the DNC and gave them to Wikileaks without the Trump team knowledge or encouragement.

But once again Trump stated this publicly and the Trump Tower meeting.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

While not going into detail, which seems to be a theme with Barr, he did confirm Russia actively worked behind the scenes to influence the election in Trump's favor.

"The report details efforts by Russian military officials associated with the GRU to hack into computers and steal documents and emails from individuals affiliated with the Democratic Party and the presidential campaign of Hillary Rodham Clinton for the purpose of eventually publicizing those emails. Obtaining such unauthorized access into computers is a federal crime. Following a thorough investigation of these hacking operations, the Special Counsel brought charges in federal court against several Russian military officers for their respective roles in these illegal hacking activities."

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Because freeh was a republican and he was the head of the FBI in 96. Pretty clear.

So again, since it was investigated, and the people involved were prosecuted (except the people they didn't have evidence on), how can you say this is something that's allowed? Yes, a special counsel wasn't appointed, but it still got investigated, and again, the candidates themselves weren't involved. When the DNC found out about it, they returned the money.

The ag is not supposed to be a PR rep for the president. They're not the president's TV lawyer.

That's the thing. There was an investigation. It's pretty sad when thwart links to a wiki page, trying to claim there was no investigation, and the wiki page literally says there was an investigation and people were prosecuted.
    Freeh was obviously Clinton's choice to head the FBI otherwise he wouldn't be there. The head of the FBI answers to two people, the AG who was a Democrat, and the President who was a Democrat. Accusations were made that orders from the top told the agents to not investigate the President. There absolutely should have been a special counsel appointed.

I'll admit to mis-stating that there was no investigation. There was no impartial investigation.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

Alright, there is the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Link either is stuck for me, or is really bogged down because everyone and their moms are accessing the site.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't load the first time, just refreshed, might be loading now. 448 pages.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Seems to be a lot of redactions to ongoing matters. Aka investigations in maybe the SDNY district.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I'll admit to mis-stating that there was no investigation. There was no impartial investigation.
    Except for the House. And the Senate. Who went first, before calling for the special counsel. Still citing your source, by the way. Or, when you said "there was no impartial investigation" were you talking about the GOP? Because, that seems contrary to your point.

By the way, even some GOP members are calling out Barr at this point. Mueller's going to have to testify.

Holy crap, there is a lot of redactions. Not really reading much, but just scrolling through, about 50 pages in, and 1/3 or so of what I have scanned, is redacted.

TIL if you're "angry and frustrated" that you feel like you're being persecuted you can obstruct investigations all you want.

Just as long as you don't "intend" to because you're just angry and frustrated.

After Barr just acted as Trump's top defense lawyer and PR person, I don't believe a word he says and want to see the report myself. This should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TIL if you're "angry and frustrated" that you feel like you're being persecuted you can obstruct investigations all you want.

After Barr just acted as Trump's top defense lawyer and PR person, I don't believe a word he says and want to see the report myself. This should be interesting.
    Also if you didn't personally commit the crime but had someone else rob the bank you are innocent. This is the defense Barr is trying to give to Wikileaks that since Trump people didn't personally hack the DNC and give Wikileaks they are clear of all wrongdoings on this part.

Barr: Trump was being a cry baby bitch so its fine if he breaks the law.....

(Insert I Don't Want To Live On This Planet Anymore Meme Here)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, Barr's defense that Trump faces an unPresidented situation seems to boil down to "people said Trump did it based on evidence and that made him sad".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Basically Trump didn't intend to obstruct justice he just didn't know that he was obstructing justice and he was really mad he was being investigated so that is why he obstructed justice but they won't charge him. So basically Trump is a fucking idiot who throws tantrums like a child but hey he should still a get a cookie even for all the shit he has done.

Also if you didn't personally commit the crime but had someone else rob the bank you are innocent. This is the defense Barr is trying to give to Wikileaks that since Trump people didn't personally hack the DNC and give Wikileaks they are clear of all wrongdoings on this part.
    "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" - Thomas Bekket

Yep, this is back in style, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Gotta say, Barr's defense that Trump faces an unPresidented situation seems to boil down to "people said Trump did it based on evidence and that made him sad".
    To Trumpkins feels always trump facts and nothing will ever change that. So why not make a legal defense to break the law because you are throwing a childish temper tantrum because you are being legally investigated.

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f*cked," Trump said after learning that a Special Counsel had been appointed

Full statement text to the link. Sounds like the Orange Obstructionist was worried about what the Special Counsel might find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump tweets a Game of Thrones meme to declare himself the winner.

"Wait, that tweet was before Barr's defense -- "

Yeah, Barr and the WH colluded before the release of the redacted report.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, team tRump cannot get over buttery emails. The team tRump lawyers statement is so pathetic.

"The results of the investigation are a total victory for the President. The report underscores what we have argued from the very beginning - there was no collusion - there was no obstruction. After a 17-month investigation, testimony from some 500 witnesses, the issuance of 2,800 subpoenas, the execution of nearly 500 search warrants, early morning raids, the examination of more than 1.4 million pages of documents, and the unprecedented cooperation of the President, it is clear there was no criminal wrongdoing. Nothing withheld; nothing concealed; nothing deleted; nothing destroyed; and nothing bleached. In addition to the report completely vindicating the President, both Attorney General Bill Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein - working with the career professionals in the Office of Legal Counsel - concluded there was not a single instance in which the elements of any crime were met.
    It is also clear that the President acted properly in firing now-disgraced, former FBI Director James Comey who lied and displayed disdain for the values at the core of the FBI. It is troubling that Comey - and top members of his team - launched a biased, political attack against the President - turning one of our foundational legal standards on its head. Instead of protecting the time-honored principle that the President - as with any American - is innocent until proven guilty, they clearly set up a scheme to derail the President - pushing a twisted narrative claiming he was guilty until proven innocent. The report itself is nothing more than an attempt to rehash old allegations, despite the fact that, as reiterated in the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General's recent report on the 2016 election 'neither the FBI nor Department prosecutors are permitted to insinuate or allege that an individual who has not been charged with a crime is nevertheless guilty of some wrongdoing.'
    This vindication of the President is an important step forward for the country and a strong reminder that this type of abuse must never be permitted to occur again."
    Last edited by bladeXcrasher; 2019-04-18 at 03:30 PM.

So apparently when sessions told trump a special prosecutor was assigned to this trumps response was to slump in his chair and say his presidency was over, I'm fucked.