Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump tweets a Game of Thrones meme to declare himself the winner.

"Wait, that tweet was before Barr's defense -- "

Yeah, Barr and the WH colluded before the release of the redacted report.
    No no no, he didn't "collude". He just gave them an advanced look at the report to redact anything under "executive privilege" before anyone else saw it.

Which would normally be fair, but in this instance clearly seems like it was primarily to give Trump's defense team time to work on responses and his communications team to work on garbage memes to post.

Acting in the best interests if Americans indeed.

I am reading the specific parts about the Trump Tower meeting, there is a lot of redacted information that is tagged "Grand Jury", so it is hard to tell what they thought of it.

This bit from Mueller's report is interesting because it very specifically addresses Barr's 18-page argument for why Trump can't obstruct justice:

With respect to whether the President can be found to have obstructed justice by exercising his powers under Article II of the Constitution, we concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a President's corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.
    Barr argued before becoming AG that a president can't obstruct justice by performing an act within his constitutional authority, and Mueller said "lol no."

And that's common sense, because not a single law works that way. It's arguing that lawfulness of an act is based entirely without its lawless conclusion. It's not illegal for me to stab things in general, but it is illegal for me to stab a person. It's not illegal for me to pick something up, but it is illegal for me to take something that belongs to someone else. It's not illegal to fire somebody, but it is illegal to fire them in order to inhibit an investigation. It's bizarre how Trump and his supporters continuously revolve around decontextualizing things to make them okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    there is a lot of redacted information that is tagged "Grand Jury", so it is hard to tell what they thought of it.
    To be expected. There are still ongoing investigations. Stone, for example, is accused of trying to connect WikiLeaks (a thief working for Putin) to the Trump campaign.

Which would be collusion, of course.

I can't wait until lunch time, this nothing burger has me hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    "Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I’m f*cked," Trump said after learning that a Special Counsel had been appointed

Full statement text to the link. Sounds like the Orange Obstructionist was worried about what the Special Counsel might find.
    "You were supposed to protect me." or something to that effect.

Yeah, this isn't the mentality of a fucking authoritarian who doesn't understand how our government works at all.

Republicans, are you alright with this?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Not even trying anymore are you?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

For such a nothing burger, why was Trump saying he is fucked when Sessions recused himself and the Special Counsel was installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Must be look at the one above your post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Given the list of top 30 posters in this thread, could someone briefly flag everyone's position on the issue?

Breccia -- 920 posts
    Shalcker -- 746
    cubby -- 677
    Felya -- 642
    Dontrike -- 542
    Ripster42 -- 526
    Orbitus -- 436
    Skroe -- 402
    Edge- -- 399
    NYC17 -- 378

Machismo -- 335
    Bullettime -- 327
    Dacien -- 314
    Vegas82 -- 291
    mvaliz -- 270
    Belize -- 240
    Stormspark -- 227
    Fugus -- 226
    Bodakane -- 216
    kaelleria -- 200

Didactic -- 200
    PACOX -- 196
    Mormolyce -- 193
    Shadowferal -- 186
    Tijuana -- 180
    Butter Emails -- 172
    Sulla -- 166
    Thekri -- 152
    Thepersona -- 150
    DarkTZeratul -- 142

I'd like to count who's winning, because that's interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    He was being investigated for treason, something we now know did not exist in the slightest, and you accuse him of acting like a child? I mean, this entire thing was a farce, a farce, to think that it has tied up 2+ years of our government, when they could've been doing something useful for the American people.

I truly hope the left pays for this during the next election cycle, and many to come for that matter.
    This investigation was a net positive in money for the American people, but we do not talk about that huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Given the list of top 30 posters in this thread, could someone briefly flag everyone's position on the issue?

Breccia -- 920 posts
    Shalcker -- 746
    cubby -- 677
    Felya -- 642
    Dontrike -- 542
    Ripster42 -- 526
    Orbitus -- 436
    Skroe -- 402
    Edge- -- 399
    NYC17 -- 378

Machismo -- 335
    Bullettime -- 327
    Dacien -- 314
    Vegas82 -- 291
    mvaliz -- 270
    Belize -- 240
    Stormspark -- 227
    Fugus -- 226
    Bodakane -- 216
    kaelleria -- 200

Didactic -- 200
    PACOX -- 196
    Mormolyce -- 193
    Shadowferal -- 186
    Tijuana -- 180
    Butter Emails -- 172
    Sulla -- 166
    Thekri -- 152
    Thepersona -- 150
    DarkTZeratul -- 142

I'd like to count who's winning, because that's interesting.
    Why the fuck does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "You were supposed to protect me." or something to that effect.

Yeah, this isn't the mentality of a fucking authoritarian who doesn't understand how our government works at all.

Maybe they are, maybe they arentt. either way they hate gays, liberals, and brown people more than they care

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but this seems like an interesting part on page 18 of the PDF that I haven't seen other people point out, where Mueller says his conclusions could conceivably be different if not for witnesses lying, invoking privilege, etc.

Caveat here: Above is Nate Silver's words not the word's of Mueller. His point he is trying to make is that Mueller couldn't take the next step, from all the roadblocks and hurdles he had ahead of him. Admittedly this may be a weak statement or reason on Mueller's part, but its' interesting.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Nothing will change investigations both at the state and federal level will continue, Trump supporters like yourself will keep on believing what he says. The country is too divided for anything to happen regardless of how this turns out, all I can hope for is that every single scumbag around Trump ends up in jail year after year like we have seen in the last two years.

It's just interesting, that's it. Allows to see where MMO-C stands / activists of which side are more prolific, depending on how you look at it.

I'm sort of disappointed I am not in top 30
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

For such a nothing burger, why was Trump saying he is fucked when Sessions recused himself and the Special Counsel was installed?
    *yawn* wake me up when he's charged with something, until then.. BENGHAZI!

*yawn* wake me up when he's charged with something, until then.. BENGHAZI!
    At least this investigation made money. Instead of taking 8 investigations to find NOTHING in Benghazi. And as far as everything is going, he won't be charged with anything with a Trump humping knob gobbler like Barr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I'm not an expert on this stuff, but this seems like an interesting part on page 18 of the PDF that I haven't seen other people point out, where Mueller says his conclusions could conceivably be different if not for witnesses lying, invoking privilege, etc.

Caveat here: Above is Nate Silver's words not the word's of Mueller. His point he is trying to make is that Mueller couldn't take the next step, from all the roadblocks and hurdles he had ahead of him. Admittedly this may be a weak statement or reason on Mueller's part, but its' interesting.
    Deleting information or using encrypted services and not providing information? Lying repeatedly? Invoking the 5th (which according to Trump only guilty people do)?

BUTTERY MAILS