Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Gotta love the liberal media. Isnt it weird that after being shown to have not commited any crimes or conspiracy to commit a crime that the media would run with stories that say Trump isnt exonerated from obstruction. Completely ignoring the fact that there was neither intent to obstruct nor a conspiracy to obstruct. In other words. An innocent man cant knowingly obstruct an investigation into himself if there is nothing to reveal.

Hard to obstruct an investigation into a crime if no crime was ever commited. And it would be stupid to charge a person for that very reason.
    Yeah, another one that hasn't read anything of the report, and believed the shitstain Barr.

A lot of right wing/centrist poster here need to get off the plantation. If you run fast enough they won't catch. Having a different opinion or being open to new ideas isn't wrong think btw.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-04-18 at 11:45 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Hard to obstruct an investigation into a crime if no crime was ever commited. And it would be stupid to charge a person for that very reason.
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...-stewart_03-05

Martha Stewart disagrees. The underlying charges of insider trading were dropped, but she was still found guilty of obstruction of justice (and related charges) related to the investigation into said insider trading.

The legal minds over at wherever y'all are getting this information are fucking garbage, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...-stewart_03-05

Martha Stewart disagrees. The underlying charges of insider trading were dropped, but she was still found guilty of obstruction of justice (and related charges) related to the investigation into said insider trading.

The legal minds over at wherever y'all are getting this information are fucking garbage, dude.
    Obviously the only place that matters, I mean, everyone else is lying, EXCEPT Trump. /S

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the liberal media. Isnt it weird that after being shown to have not commited any crimes or conspiracy to commit a crime that the media would run with stories that say Trump isnt exonerated from obstruction. Completely ignoring the fact that there was neither intent to obstruct nor a conspiracy to obstruct. In other words. An innocent man cant knowingly obstruct an investigation into himself if there is nothing to reveal.

I love that you think no crime was committed, when even Barr one might have occured.

Jesus, some of you have been posting in this thread for hours.

Go ahead and take a few more hits from the collusion crackpipe and then commit yourself to recovering. You'll feel a lot better for it.

People saying that Democrats/Congress shouldn't bother impeaching Trump:

That basically means Donald Trump gets off scott free with all he did, and the president is above the law. That is the standard we set for the US going forward. Mueller specifically says that it's up to Congress now to decide what to do about his findings, as the DoJ cannot do anything towards a sitting a president.

Not impeaching Trump over what he's done as stated in the Mueller report, would be like nothing having happened to Nixon about Watergate. Our country would look a lot different nowadays if that had been the case, and it would be a lot worse. Congress HAS to act on this or we are all fucked going forward.

Call on Congress for impeachment or nothing will come of this and Trump completely walks.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2019-04-19 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    Jesus, some of you have been posting in this thread for hours.

Go ahead and take a few more hits from the collusion crackpipe and then commit yourself to recovering. You'll feel a lot better for it.
    Someone hasn't been reading the report. Did Fox News tell you what to think?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Someone hasn't been reading the report. Did Fox News tell you what to think?
    What the fuck is this shit. I don't watch Fox News. Get a hold of yourself.

If Democrats do nothing, then they've revealed that they care little about the "oversight" that they've been constantly yelling about since the 2018 elections.

What the fuck is this shit. I don't watch Fox News. Get a hold of yourself.
    You damn sure aren't reading the fucking report that is pretty fucking damning. Obstruction is ABSOLUTELY on the table, and collusion was attempted, they just didn't get anything. But you continue being ignorant of reality.

These are the 10 episodes Mueller investigated for obstruction of justice

The Mueller report’s collusion section is much worse than you think
    The contacts with Russians documented in the report amount to a devastating indictment of Trump’s approach to politics.

Trump on Mueller’s appointment: “This is the end of my Presidency”
    “I’m fucked,” he reportedly added.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    People saying that Democrats/Congress shouldn't bother impeaching Trump:

That basically means Donald Trump gets off scott free with all he did, and the president is above the law. That is the standard we set for the US going forward. Mueller specifically says that it's up to Congress now to decide what to do about his findings, as the DoJ cannot do anything towards a sitting a president.

Not impeaching Trump over what he's done as stated in the Mueller report, would be like nothing having happened to Nixon about Watergate. Our country would look a lot different nowadays if that had been the case, and it would be a lot worse. Congress HAS to act on this or we are all fucked going forward.
    This is kind of how I feel at the moment, fully acknowledging that impeachment will go nowhere thanks to Republicans. I think it's an ethical and legal responsibility to try, and if we're not going to, then we need to amend the constitution that the president can not be prematurely removed by any means save death, nor can he be held to any laws. And then we need to plug our ears and burn the volumes the founders wrote of their concerns about precisely this kind of abuse of power, and continue on our current track of selectively reading the rest of what they wrote so as to support our lawless political upper class.

A lot of leftists say this will burn political bridges or bury the left with the independent voters - but this is Fox News and conservative media showing us that they have a grip even on people that aren't watching their brands. Independents hate Trump. The pro-Trump sphere is small, and gets smaller by the day. It's time for Democrats to show that they have balls and do something other than bitch and cry.

You damn sure aren't reading the fucking report that is pretty fucking damning. Obstruction is ABSOLUTELY on the table, and collusion was attempted, they just didn't get anything. But you continue being ignorant of reality.
    No one in this thread has read through 400+ pages of the report, that is horseshit. I'm willing to bet every dollar I've got that you haven't either.

You better call up Mueller and let him know you somehow came up with more evidence of collusion in mere hours by reading posts in a dead game's off topic political forum than he did in years with millions of dollars and top prosecutors behind him. I'm pretty sure this is an unprecedented miracle in logistics that we'll be studying for years.

Again, that's not what the report says. The report says they got help with the election, and manafort (the guy who trump told other people could sink him) was the guy coordinating it. He told them to focus on wisconsin, minnesota, michigan, and pennsylvania, areas of the country the russian influence campaign focused on, and trump won 3/4 of them in unexpected fashion by a collective total of 77k votes.

- - - Updated - - -

No one in this thread has read through 400+ pages of the report, that is horseshit. I'm willing to bet every dollar I've got that you haven't either.

You better call up Mueller and let him know you somehow came up with more evidence of collusion in mere hours by reading posts in a dead game's off topic political forum than he did in years with millions of dollars and top prosecutors behind him. I'm pretty sure this is an unprecedented miracle in logistics that we'll be studying for years.
    I read volume one, the one that deals with collusion (as opposed to obstruction). They colluded. Page 140 of volume 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

And here you are blowing Trump's little bullshit "no collusion, no obstruction."
    As if you read the entire report yourself.

This is grossly misrepresenting the report. 400 pages or no, Mueller made topline conclusions that communicate why he made his decisions - and they weren't because the president was innocent of wrongdoing.

It's more clear now that Trump defenders truly fucked up by declaring victory after Barr initially released his brief summary. We now know for a fact that Barr's #1 goal was to protect Trump. He's been caught twisting the report's findings to benefit Trump.

Trump and Barr screwed up. By doing the summary, then this redacted version, and later the full report coming out... it's just dragging this out for even longer. We're gonna get additional months of this dominating news coverage and making Barr look like a stooge and Trump like a criminal.

They should have just ripped off the bandage from the start and got it all out in the open so people would have time to forget at least some of it by 2020 elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This is kind of how I feel at the moment, fully acknowledging that impeachment will go nowhere thanks to Republicans. I think it's an ethical and legal responsibility to try, and if we're not going to, then we need to amend the constitution that the president can not be prematurely removed by any means save death, nor can he be held to any laws. And then we need to plug our ears and burn the volumes the founders wrote of their concerns about precisely this kind of abuse of power, and continue on our current track of selectively reading the rest of what they wrote so as to support our lawless political upper class.

A lot of leftists say this will burn political bridges or bury the left with the independent voters - but this is Fox News and conservative media showing us that they have a grip even on people that aren't watching their brands. Independents hate Trump. The pro-Trump sphere is small, and gets smaller by the day. It's time for Democrats to show that they have balls and do something other than bitch and cry.
    Even if it goes nowhere because of Republicans, doesn't matter, doing nothing is no longer an option. We cannot set the precedent that the president is above the law and getting help from foreign adversaries in an election is legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    And you would be defending her with "everyone does it"/"she didn't collude with them".
    No. Democrats have some level of accountability. Republicans like to taunt that “Democrats eat their own”, that’s code for “lol, democratic voters hold their people accountable.” Another popular saying with some merit, Republicans fall in line. Democrats fall in love. Meaning a Republican voter will vote for someone with the morals of Trump or Roy Moore, Democrats cast Al Franken out on his ass for the smallest impropriety.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-04-19 at 12:27 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect