Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Mythic plus killed the raiding scene.

Less and fewer people raid today, with mythic + gear being easier to obtain. It's just as good as mythic raiding gear. With how the mythic + esport is going we can expect from now on Mythic + will always be a thing and it wont change other than more dungeons and affixes. I love dungeons as much as the next guy, but getting better gear from mythic raidng is a joke. The dungeons are not hard enough to where they should get better gear, until you do a 17 key the content is a joke, assuming you do it on your main.

I cant link anything because Im new, it says "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times." However you guys can look up what I just said through WQ and WoW progress.

Raiding's been kept alive on life support by LFR for years.
    It's about time it died for good.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Haha good joke I laughed. 8/10

Deleted
    Oh loook another "x killed raids" thread.
    Answer: No, it didnt. Participation in raids have ALWAYS been LOW.

No, mythic+ didn't kill raiding. It only saved dungeons from dying out.

What's wrong with Mythic +? Probably the best end game feature they have added to WoW since...raiding. It's like raiding, but with a much tighter group, less time commitment (per run) and infinitely scaling challenge.

TIL: I no longer raid because I do M+.

I'll have to ensure I write a memo to myself for Sunday and Monday nights.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think m+ was the only reason of "killing" the raiding scene. Titanforging and ToS are imo probably the main causes of players not raiding mythic. Blizz this expansion has implemented underwhelming trinkets and relics inside of raids so the only real thing worth going for is the set and even those have been pretty boring and weak compared to what weve had in the past. You can just settle for the hc tier and be done with it, which is what a lot of people have done because getting the mythic has not been worth the shitshow that ToS has been.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Mythic Plus did any significant damage to your perceived raiding scene, then it was already dead.

So fragile. Raids of Warcraft.

I think M+ saved dungeons rather than kill raiding. If anything hurt mythic raiding it'd be titanforging and lack of incentive/reward.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

If anything kills the raiding scene it will be raiders. Asking for utter perfection or your out with limited knowledge or experience is pretty much the expectation these days and that my friends.. limits peoples participation to a great degree. But it is also what a lot of the encounters require from mythic (and some heroic) bosses anymore. So its a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

Deleted
    whats personally doing it for me is that loot that drops in raids/M+ is by default shit unless it is war/titanforged, even in the first weeks of release if you have a titanforge from the previous tier.

mythic currently drops 930 loot, but between legendaries and titanforging its normal/expected to be 940+ ilvl. stuff like that has happened in the past, but never to the levels it has now.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-28 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoxious View Post
    I don't think m+ was the only reason of "killing" the raiding scene. Titanforging and ToS are imo probably the main causes of players not raiding mythic. Blizz this expansion has implemented underwhelming trinkets and relics inside of raids so the only real thing worth going for is the set and even those have been pretty boring and weak compared to what weve had in the past. You can just settle for the hc tier and be done with it, which is what a lot of people have done because getting the mythic has not been worth the shitshow that ToS has been.
    Pretty much this. Mythic is not particularly rewarding in Legion. You get the prestige of having cleared it, but you're barely better geared than people who do the much easier heroic version. You don't get more legendaries(except as a product of doing more total content), titanforging blurs the line between levels of content, M+ adds even more gear that devalues mythic gear and raids have dropped some pretty awful relics/trinkets, which again emphasises doing a bunch of non-raid content in order to raid. Mythic just requires/encourages too much stuff outside of raiding to be worth it to a lot of people. There's a reason guilds are dying all over the place, replacing nearly the entire roster between every raid in Legion.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-10-28 at 04:58 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Saved my sub for blizz for sure, when you don't have 20 fu**ing ppl for m raid there's no reason to stay subbed beside m+, they need to bring M 10man back or raiding will start to die slowly
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-10-28 at 05:01 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    the #1 thing hurting the raiding scene is servers and #2 is factions, by faaaaaaaar
    titanforging, legendaries, ap and encounter design in some order right after that

I don't see how Mythic plus killed the raiding scene i mean i personally cant stand m+.
    I find it extremely boring and i only do one +10 per week for the weekly box.
    I will take raiding over dungeons any time of the week although Mythic ToS is not nearly as active as lets be real.

Mythic ToS is fucking garbage too much soaking and Rng mechanics combined with the RNG Bs that is every single class in legion.
    Having to pray for rng procs to line up well its just a awful hopefully antorus will be better.

Deleted
    While i hate mythic + i dont think it killed raiders.
    I think its a mix of the raid not being the best, better loot via TF/WF available in easier content and the loss of the competitive aspect that """killed""" the raiding scene.

I'll echo that mythic raiding isn't super rewarding in legion, not because of other avenues but because the trinkets have been mediocre the entire xpac and the most desirable trinkets do not come from raids. Add on top of that the tier set bonuses haven't been very strong or desirable for many specs and the current raid (ToS) just not being a very enjoyable raid and its not a great time for raiding.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    I don't see how Mythic plus killed the raiding scene i mean i personally cant stand m+.
    I find it extremely boring and i only do one +10 per week for the weekly box.
    I will take raiding over dungeons any time of the week although Mythic ToS is not nearly as active as lets be real.

Mythic ToS is fucking garbage too much soaking and Rng mechanics combined with the RNG Bs that is every single class in legion.
    Having to pray for rng procs to line up well its just a awful hopefully antorus will be better.
    This summed up my opinion pretty well... Raiding should be part challenge and part fun. ToS is not fun and the challenge in Mythic is wrapped around immunities, RNG, and just generally not fun encounters.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Mythic raiding killed Mythic raiding