Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    No class should ever be ~impossible to be caught in arena. If you wanna stay safe stay in orgrimmar
    But they're not impossible to catch if you know how to outplay them.

If they're pillar kiting you literally just go on their teammate, or tell your teammate to go the other way around the circle.

Your whole argument is solved by just this:

Git Gud

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    If they're pillar kiting you literally just go on their teammate
    Let's hope he isn't in stealth.

If they're pillar kiting you literally just -have to- go on their teammate. Y, that would be the point anyway gj. What's next, flying mount is fine for world PvP? Should just attack someone else heuheuheuheu

Why don't people try to improve instead of blaming game mechanics ?

10+ Year Old Account
    What if you play against someone of equal skill?

Git gudder?

Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    Let's hope he isn't in stealth.

If they're pillar kiting you literally just -have to- go on their teammate. Y, that would be the point anyway gj. What's next, flying mount is fine for world PvP? Should just attack someone else heuheuheuheu
    If their teammate is in stealth then they're not doing damage to you are they? If the healer is in stealth then doing damage will force them out.

Blaming your lack of skill on a mechanic that has been in the game since it's inception is hilarious

tbh all i see is a MWs dream land for teleporting

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    tbh all i see is a MWs dream land for teleporting
    Significant, spectacular concern. It's why similar stuff could be one of the first concerns to be solved in an instant, maybe same time or even before trying similar arena. For example with much higher cd or requiring LoS to teleport, giving other types of mobility instead etc. Should certainly look into, tho probably isn't a deal breaker, question is how to fix rather than can it be fixed. Yes it can a million ways. Don't mean offense, it's a good point.

I tend to agree with most of the comments in that pillars are perfectly fine and do not need tweaking.

However its a interesting map, just a wee bit biased to melee - as a counter to this i'd like to see maps with more very narrow high up walkways so melee can be knocked off and casters can cast at them at will while they scamper back up, but i doubt either will occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    as a counter to this i'd like to see maps with more very narrow high up walkways so melee can be knocked off and casters can cast at them at will while they scamper back up, but i doubt either will occur.
    Play a Ret Paladin and you will hate yourself for even suggesting this. With a 45s cooldown 3s duration sprint (which is susceptible to snares, roots, and CC), they would be dead before they ever got back up.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-26 at 04:52 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Play a Ret Paladin and you will hate yourself for even suggesting this. With a 45s cooldown 3s duration sprint (which is susceptible to snares, roots, and CC), they would be dead before they ever got back up.
    Don't forget any protection from slows and snares can be stolen so gg wp rets

However its a interesting map, just a wee bit biased to melee - as a counter to this i'd like to see maps with more very narrow high up walkways so melee can be knocked off and casters can cast at them at will while they scamper back up, but i doubt either will occur.
    Arguable that the point of pillars in arena is to avoid ranged attacks and casting, limiting the use of pillars is an advantage for ranged classes instead of melees. Anyway, whatever related gameplay concern is brought up is fine tbh. Say, according to your reply it might favor melees. Does it?

One of the advantages is that it costs basically nothing to try similar. Put a few blue rectangles there and good to go

Pillars are very much to avoid line of sight From both melee and range, however when you place a wall in the way effectively cornering yourself, your ability to run from both vanishes. I'd still suggest this will hurt ranged more then melee, and tbh melee does not really need more uptime in the current state of the game.

As i said in my first post, i think its a interesting map i'd jsut add some bridges to balance it out a bit Oh and make it a new map instead of replacing the original.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys all talking 2v2 or 3v3? In 3v3 the pillars are used by different classes depending on the comp setup, lets say I was to play Destro/frostmage/heal and the enemy something like Warrior/DK/heal or DK/ww/heal. It's probably not the frost mage en destro who are gonna be pillar humping, they'll be out in the middle. Not sure if Destro/frost mage is still a viable comp but they would FORCE you as melee to hide behind a pillar until you have a chance to do your offensive go again. Because you can't survive their damage forever and you can't stop every chaos bolt.

If you can't catch a healer in 3v3 then I have nothing to say but simply git gud. In 2v2 it's slightly different since you probably have to rely on your healer to help but it's certainly not impossible. Lets say I were to play DK, mw in 2v2. Mw lands incap on the druid when he comes in to heal the target that I the DK am damaging , you grip monk rolls in and aoe stuns both of them you activate remorseless winter and you have a nice little cc chain. You can repeat that like every 45seconds as a DK. Try to think in setups and save your abilities for it and don't waste every cd you have if you know that he's probably gonna trinket into bear anyways. It's bad enough as is that some melee classes can have so much up time and just win games by tunneling, that's why I rather play 3's and hate people who just want it to be easier for them to tunnel. So what you can't tunnel a rdruid as a frost DK all game, deal with it, you still have you win condition and this isn't PvE where all that matters is damage.

I have seen many PvP complaints from people who have actually put time and effort into the game trying to improve themselves and this is certainly not something they would ask for.

Player problem.

If they are making love to the pillar, lining their teammates, swap targets. CC when they poke, EZ

Pillars are very much to avoid line of sight From both melee and range, however when you place a wall in the way effectively cornering yourself, your ability to run from both vanishes. I'd still suggest this will hurt ranged more then melee, and tbh melee does not really need more uptime in the current state of the game.

As i said in my first post, i think its a interesting map i'd jsut add some bridges to balance it out a bit Oh and make it a new map instead of replacing the original.
    I think your reply was reasonable. Agree shouldn't shove down ppl's throat. Could try in alpha for a while, say with keeping the walls without texture, then ppl see it doesn't necessarily stay there even. I mean what does it take to implement rly, nothing. Your reply suggests it's better for melees, is it? Should find out if it is, maybe it is, don't mean to belittle. But what if it isn't? What if it's more fun, and it's a significant change, so if it's fun, then it's possibly much more fun.

Then again, it might not be. But I mean what then? What did it cost to try, ~nothing. I mean at least there could be something to see in early alpha/beta, other than random spell visuals and sitting it out, waiting months doing basically nothing until balance/tuning starts

To maybe better imagine

Rogues/stealth

Stealthing around until the end of time and sap anyone who gets close is not viable. Don't need to get near the rogue to get in LoS.

Doesn't necessarily kill 2 rogues teams, they can still burst. But stealthing until 80% dampening isn't gonna happen

CC

Can CC and the target cannot continuously LoS it, but CCing isn't nearly as evident

Basically there won't be anywhere to go for the mage, let alone the priest. Maybe poly doesn't cost much mana, might take a few full moons tho

Then again, as long as the mage rly wants to poly, he can basically whenever he wants to.

LoS

Run speed ~doesn't matter, can still get in LoS of the target and in a much more reasonable way. Don't need to get close to the druid, eventually gonna have to turn back into the warlock's LoS

2 melee

It's considerably difficult to get away from there with rushing in for 2 melee teams

Could go other way around and wait for the enemy to come to them, but they corner their healer. By no means ez for the 2 melee team

Duel

Suitable for duels or 1v1, instead of plain field, can LoS yet mounting up and wait for cds etc still doesn't work

Tournament

Maybe healers can still excessively prolong matches but dpses surely can't. Players can't run around or hide for ages, able to include 2v2 in tournaments

Deleted
    Lol sounds like you are just angry cos someone kited you.

If you are a druid and you don't use the pillars you die, you are not very tanky at all.

If you are e.g. a frost dk it doesn't matter so much, though sometimes you have to retreat.

Every class has strengths and weaknesses .

- - - Updated - - -

Tell you what lets just remove mobility and cc from pvp and whoever does their pve rotation better wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Do you have an argument that losing healers in PvP would be bad for WoW other than "there are other games that fill a niche of having little/no healers"?

Personally, I do not believe you do. One of the biggest problems with WoW PvP has always, always, been the balancing of healers and sustainability. Take that out of the equation and you're left with balancing DPS vs DPS, which is considerably less to deal with.
    but it's then less about skill and more who has the most stuns/big d*** damage. I think that would just be terrible, at least with a healer it adds a lot more thought into play, you dont sit there letting it kite if you cant reach it lol, thats just low rating nonsense.. you play with the cards dealt and work a strategy around it. That's just how it is, no class etc is powerful enough for them to out game you everytime unlesss you're just bad.
    Last edited by mmoc310335a587; 2018-03-01 at 07:30 PM.

The problem with LoS isn't so much LoS itself, it's how little uptime healers need to keep teams alive. When you play disc for example, and it's your downtime, you are not having a go, you can get away with being LoS, popping out for 0.3s at a time to shield / penance / other instant casts. Mostly same for druid, except as druid you also can't be reliable slowed down, which leads to every class needing a gap closer, etc..

I've said it a ton of times and I'll say it again. Fix the class design, not the environment. Punish pillar hopping through gameplay, not restrictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    In the past each class had some way to outplay pillar humping. Now many of them can do nothing about it. There isn't a pillar humping problem there's a lack of abilities problem.
    I disagree. The fact that this was ever a viable strategy... is flawed design.

Can you picture yourself witnessing a real life death match/coliseum type situation? Would you honestly cheer for the pussy who kept running away and hiding?

You don't actually watch any arenas, see people pillar humping and then think to yourself, "Man, that guy is really good!"