Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Jokes about Male Rape

Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable? By jokes I mean mostly in TV/Film, I will try and provide examples. In many movies and TV you may get a scene in a prison where you're presented with one character in prison with another (usually an agressive looking prisoner) giving him the eye and implying impending rape as the gag. Sometimes the gag is the implication that said character was raped and embarrassed about it. Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes

Because check your privilege.

NSFW! Adult language.

This is like the funniest guy around. There's a lot of build up to this so it's out of context.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable? By jokes I mean mostly in TV/Film, I will try and provide examples. In many movies and TV you may get a scene in a prison where you're presented with one character in prison with another (usually an agressive looking prisoner) giving him the eye and implying impending rape as the gag. Sometimes the gag is the implication that said character was raped and embarrassed about it. Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes

Pretty much the best scene ever for the example you are trying to make.

Because men have thicker skins than women.

Sounds stupid but it's really all it comes down to. It takes more to really get under the skin of a man, so we get the joke before being offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

Sounds stupid but it's really all it comes down to. It takes more to really get under the skin of a man, so we get the joke before being offended.
    Well that's incredibly sexist.

I don't see this thread going very far before it's locked.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

How is it sexist? What I said is just as biologically accurate as "males have a dick". It's sexist maybe to you because you refuse to see facts or something? I don't know what yo tell you, there was nothing sexist in what I said.

Because double standards, that's why. Kind of like when people attacked Barbie dolls for making girls insecure about their looks but they don't say shit about He-Man.

People seem to find rape an acceptable punishment for criminals.

As for the other thing you mentioned, could you provide some examples outside of a prison situation because context really matters for the "Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes". The only things I can think off hand are drug running scenes, and that can apply to the first bit as well as consenting to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are jokes about male rape considered acceptable?
    They're not. I don't know who told you they were, but they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post

Men's skin is about 25% thicker than women, but I don't think this gem of a statement was referring to that sort of skin :P

How is it sexist? What I said is just as biologically accurate as "males have a dick". It's sexist maybe to you because you refuse to see facts or something? I don't know what yo tell you, there was nothing sexist in what I said.

I don't think your comments line up here...

The only context Ive ever had the feeling people accepted rape jokes in, is prison. Because you know..they are criminals and deserve it and so on.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    People seem to find rape an acceptable punishment for criminals.

As for the other thing you mentioned, could you provide some examples outside of a prison situation because context really matters for the "Then occasionally you will have scenes were a man will have something forced into his anus for comedic purposes". The only things I can think off hand are drug running scenes, and that can apply to the first bit as well as consenting to it.
    The Mask for example had a scene, another movie had a woman fuckin a guy because she thought no was yes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The only context Ive ever had the feeling people accepted rape jokes in, is prison. Because you know..they are criminals and deserve it and so on.
    But often the character is innocent besides nobody deserves rape

Terrible things happening to women are terrible.

Terrible things happening to men is hilarious.

It's the same way slapstick works.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because a lot of men don’t take rape against them seriously, which is unfortunate. They think it will be with some hot woman, so they don’t care. They also don’t really worry about it all that much. They don’t walk around (especially at night) thinking there’s a real possibility of being raped - not like women do.

It’s easier to joke about it cause of that.
    It also doesn't help that society in general doesn't consider it bad. Hence the day and night difference in reactions to male student/female teacher and female student/male teacher. Or how men should be happy if someone decides to have sex with them while blackout drunk.

It's not just men. It's people.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I don't think your comments line up here...
    Sooo I have to refrain myself from stating facts or something? Or should I add something positive about females so I don't sound sexist to all the people who can't extrapolate?

Saying men have thicker skin is EXACTLY like saying female can give birth. Same fucking thing, a fact of life. 0% sexist, 100% realist.

The Mask for example had a scene, another movie had a woman fuckin a guy because she thought no was yes

- - - Updated - - -

But often the character is innocent besides nobody deserves rape
    The woman raping a guy plays on the stereotype that guys really just enjoy sex even if they say no or can't consent. You see this with the "nice" shit when a teacher rapes and/or abuses a younger male pupil. This stupid shit gets pointed out from time to time, but nothing really gets done about it since men perpetuate this stereotype way too fucking much.

Idk about the mask scene, haven't seen that in over a decade.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-10-31 at 08:30 PM.

I would say this biggest reason comes down to masculinity. Men who get raped are seen as weak and not worth people's sympathy. They are less victims and more suckers or someone who wasn't strong enough to not get taken advantage of. Whereas women are always seen as the victim, too weak to properly be able to defend themselves.

Sooo I have to refrain myself from stating facts or something? Or should I add something positive about females so I don't sound sexist to all the people who can't extrapolate?

Saying men have thicker skin is EXACTLY like saying female can give birth. Same fucking thing, a fact of life. 0% sexist, 100% realist.
    So you are saying men can handle insults and jokes better than women and it is a biological fact? Brb making a pro-feminism thread to break down your reality.

Having literal thicker skin is a fact, being emotionally stronger is an opinion.

I guess that's why women lead violence statistics, while men are known as the peaceful pacifist gender. Oh wait...not quite at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.