Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I notice this article uses a bunch of "ifs" and "coulds" not "will." So pretty much baseless speculation. Thanks for posting baseless speculation I guess? Notice, it says the taxes in washington are higher; what's it say about their black market? Oh, it just completely glosses over the comparative example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    "California to tax pot as much as 45%"

So much for drug legalization ending the illegal drug trade...

Yeah, California is so inept that it can even fuck up legal weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Deleted
    So who's gonna smoke weed at Blizzcon?

For a substance that costs next to nothing to grow I love how a legality creates a profit out of nothing... honestly hate them fucking pharmaceuticals lobbying to keep it illegal or restricted as much as possible everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This is especially stupid considering they are on the fucking border with Mexico.

Maybe if this was Maine that would be less retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Washington isn't on the border with the largest supplier of illegal substances in North America.
    CA weed is much better than Mexican weed. They smuggle weed from CA to Mexico now. This is not a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    CA weed is much better than Mexican weed. They smuggle weed from CA to Mexico now. This is not a joke.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Exactly... Even more so than any other industry since the illicit drug industry is so well established.

But look in literally any thread on here for the last several years about drug legalization, the argument put forward by every other legalization advocate is that legalization would end the illicit trade, an argument not grounded in reality.
    If someone currently has a supplier and could purchase weed cheaper on the black market than the legal market (because of its heavy taxation), then what incentive is there to buy it from the legal market?

You also have to look at the motivation legalization would have on a consumer. Price aside, at least a consumer would know if he was buying heroin (an example, I wouldnt necessarily be for legalization of heroin) from the legal market that he was getting heroin and not heroin laced with fentanyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    The weed in Mexico only has around 1% or less THC concentration. My wife uses weed for her Chiari Malformation headaches (she has a license for medical marijuana), and the one that she uses has around 10 -13%. The breeds with the highest concentration have around 35% now. Ever since the medical marijuana program started in CA, people have been smuggling weed from US to Mexico.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-11-01 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weed in Mexico only has around 1% or less THC concentration. My wife uses weed for her Chiari Malformation headaches (she has a license for medical marijuana), and the one that she uses has around 10 -13%. The breeds with the highest concentration have around 35% now. Ever since the medical marijuana program started in CA, people have been smuggling weed from US to Mexico.
    hmm. In NJ we get concentrates that are upwards of 70-90% THC.

I think he means the actual buds, not concentrates.

And to someone who posted above, indeed no one wants black market Mexican weed; it comes covered in pesticides, molds and mildews and contains only a fraction of the THC of weed grown locally.

They have that here also. Since my wife is not taking it for recreation, she only took the one that her doctor recommended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    I think he means the actual buds, not concentrates.

And to someone who posted above, indeed no one wants black market Mexican weed; it comes covered in pesticides, molds and mildews and contains only a fraction of the THC of weed grown locally.
    In short, no QA/QC.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have that here also. Since my wife is not taking it for recreation, she only took the one that her doctor recommended.
    I figured she isn't trying to get stoned. I'm saying, if Mexico needs good stuff, it should be shopped out from here, lol. We have really strong products on the east coast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already happening up here in alaska. They tax it so much and habe so many rules about selling it it is easier and cheaper to just hit an oldschool dealer

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    If someone currently has a supplier and could purchase weed cheaper on the black market than the legal market (because of its heavy taxation), then what incentive is there to buy it from the legal market?
    Not going to jail or being fined if caught? I mean thats the incentive to not do a LOT of stuffs....seems to work ok.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Not going to jail or being fined if caught? I mean thats the incentive to not do a LOT of stuffs....seems to work ok.
    If that was a deterrent then they wouldnt do it now. But yes, I was talking more about the price incentives though.

Just grow your own and cut out all the middle men. Have a better product plus save the $$$.

Just follow the 3 golden rules: No smell, no tell and no sell.

While having such a high tax is, yes, counterproductive. I know many, many people that have no issues with being able to pay for it, but would pay solely because of it being legal, now.

Exactly... Even more so than any other industry since the illicit drug industry is so well established.

But look in literally any thread on here for the last several years about drug legalization, the argument put forward by every other legalization advocate is that legalization would end the illicit trade, an argument not grounded in reality.
    Sorry, but reality is that we can do both, tax it sensibly and sensibly legalize it, yet choose not too. So reality is we are greedy bitches, and that's what needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Just grow your own and cut out all the middle men. Have a better product plus save the $$$.

Just follow the 3 golden rules: No smell, no tell and no sell.
    You will be allowed to plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process up to six live plants.

You will be allowed to plant, cultivate, harvest, dry, or process up to six live plants.
    At a time, PER PERSON. I know someone that has 6 plants going 24/7 and rotates them out. And it's an insane about of weed for 2 people. They can be high literally all waking hours, and pretty much are. It costs them about 300$ every 4 months or so, compared to black market prices, of Mexican brick weed, was costing them around 200$ a month.

So, not only the quality has risen dramatically, the price has plummeted. I'd say legalization is right where it needs to be.