Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mercy Nerfs 31/10

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're currently testing some new changes on the PTR. Please provide any constructive feedback you may have here.

Mercy
    Resurrect
    Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
    Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
    Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

Valkyrie
    When activated, Resurrection no longer has a cast time

Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy’s recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, there is more room for enemies to counter the ability. However, casting Resurrect happens instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.
    That 75% slow seems overkill in a game where standing still is fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We're currently testing some new changes on the PTR. Please provide any constructive feedback you may have here.

Mercy
    Resurrect
    Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
    Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
    Can now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked

Valkyrie
    When activated, Resurrection no longer has a cast time

Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy’s recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, there is more room for enemies to counter the ability. However, casting Resurrect happens instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.
    That 75% slow seems overkill in a game where standing still is fatal.
    First off i think that mercy is a bit to powerful but the biggest problem is that the other healers are to weak. i play healers and mercy allot. My top 10 is pretty much healers and tanks.
    But lets go and take a look at the nerfs.

cast time: I think cast time is a decent one. It makes you think more like: should i ress the person, is it safe etc so a good one.
    Movement speed: why??? kinda think this is pointless. And makes it to dangerous for mercy.
    Interrupted: Blizzard needs to FUCK OFF with the interrupts etc....its making game boring...half the hero's get affected by this and the other half not. They are breaking the game with this BS. Same bs with the ults. It makes the people with instant ults very powerful and the ones with cast/channeled ults very easy to stop. Where is the fun in the game if a couple of hero's can stop you doing everything all the time.....

This is the final nail in the coffin regarding her rez; it is officially nerfed hard now. I'm ok with it though, I love her new mobility and she is a decent healer.

No more rezzing though for Mercy. 1.75 seconds might not sound like a lot but is a complete and utter death sentence for Mercy. She basically can only rez someone if they die in a safe area behind or within your team, and of course during her ult. I'll miss the tempo rezzing, but I think it is good that people can not rely on her rez any longer. If this doesn't stop the whining I don't know what will.

I do wish they would stop tying rez to her ulti though, I hate waiting for someone to die just to get some value out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is the final nail in the coffin regarding her rez; it is officially nerfed hard now. I'm ok with it though, I love her new mobility and she is a decent healer.

No more rezzing though for Mercy. 1.75 seconds might not sound like a lot but is a complete and utter death sentence for Mercy. She basically can only rez someone if they die in a safe area behind or within your team, and of course during her ult. I'll miss the tempo rezzing, but I think it is good that people can not rely on her rez any longer. If this doesn't stop the whining I don't know what will.

I do wish they would stop tying rez to her ulti though, I hate waiting for someone to die just to get some value out of it.
    It's not been tied for a few weeks since they added the charge on activation. That's the nature of Res though, if you and your team are playing well, you shouldn't even need it. I find if I need to multi-res, the fight it lost anyway as it's a reflection of how well the team are playing in needing it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good changes. Mercy was way too OP and used in every single match.

You can have two pro healers (Ana and Lucio) and people will still bitch before the match that we need a mercy.

At least now people will be cautious of rezing and wait for a good opportunity. No more rezing the first person that dies.

Mercy definitely needs a nerf because at the moment she's simply the best pick for a healer and when that choice becomes so evident you know it's time to balance things.

Regarding the changes, I think they're actually fair and will provide positive changes to the game balance, except for the movement speed reduction. It's a bit too long and will drastically decrease Mercy's survivability and I expect them to lower that to 1 second or so after the PTR. Overall I'm eager to see how these changes improve matches to be honest.
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Mercy definitely needs a nerf because at the moment she's simply the best pick for a healer and when that choice becomes so evident you know it's time to balance things.

Regarding the changes, I think they're actually fair and will provide positive changes to the game balance, except for the movement speed reduction. It's a bit too long and will drastically decrease Mercy's survivability and I expect them to lower that to 1 second or so after the PTR. Overall I'm eager to see how these changes improve matches to be honest.
    I see that you don't play Mercy.

The changes are a death sentence, both in game and in regards to picking her.

In regards to rez taking time, they had better give her a damage taken reduction to go along with it if they keep it. At least that way she gets a choice whether she wants to attempt it and it can still be interrupted. holy hell can it be interrupted. Nearly two seconds of free cree stuns, sombra hax, lucio booping, orisa pulling, because hey, not only is it interruptable, she'll conveniently be moving at 25% speed while doing it, so not only can all that happen, she'll be eating helix rockets, Pharah rockets, Junkrat spam, WM headshots, Reaper shots... you get the point, while she's trying to rez.

At this point, they might as well revert her ult in regards to how often she'll actually be able to use her rez.

I also don't think she gets the additional rez any more from what I've seen of vids. It just seems to reset the rez timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    I see that you don't play Mercy.

The changes are a death sentence, both in game and in regards to picking her.

In regards to rez taking time, they had better give her a damage taken reduction to go along with it if they keep it. At least that way she gets a choice whether she wants to attempt it and it can still be interrupted. holy hell can it be interrupted. Nearly two seconds of free cree stuns, sombra hax, lucio booping, orisa pulling, because hey, not only is it interruptable, she'll conveniently be moving at 25% speed while doing it, so not only can all that happen, she'll be eating helix rockets, Pharah rockets, Junkrat spam, WM headshots, Reaper shots... you get the point, while she's trying to rez.

At this point, they might as well revert her ult in regards to how often she'll actually be able to use her rez.

I also don't think she gets the additional rez any more from what I've seen of vids. It just seems to reset the rez timer.
    Valkyrie is just as powerful as it was before, I don't think anything changed about it.

"1.75 seconds is a death sentence"

Yeah, Torbjorn is really shedding tears for you, what with him taking 7+ seconds to set up his primary ability.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    "1.75 seconds is a death sentence"

Yeah, Torbjorn is really shedding tears for you, what with him taking 7+ seconds to set up his primary ability.
    1.75 seconds right where someone died (meaning probably exposed to enemy fire) vs 7+ seconds safe from enemy fire, most likely with an Orisa barrier protecting you. Yeah totally the same thing.

Not saying the nerf is too much, but your comparison fucking sucks.

My main concern with this is that other people will start yelling even more for resurrections which just won't happen. Yes I'm talking to you Reinhardt who decided to die on the front line away from everyone else, ressing that even whilst instantaneous is a death wish in and of itself, with cast time? No way that's happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great change! Wish they would have made it 3s at least though. 1.75s doesn't seem like a lot.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    1.75 seconds right where someone died (meaning probably exposed to enemy fire) vs 7+ seconds safe from enemy fire, most likely with an Orisa barrier protecting you. Yeah totally the same thing.

Not saying the nerf is too much, but your comparison fucking sucks.

My main concern with this is that other people will start yelling even more for resurrections which just won't happen. Yes I'm talking to you Reinhardt who decided to die on the front line away from everyone else, ressing that even whilst instantaneous is a death wish in and of itself, with cast time? No way that's happening.
    So slap a Zarya bubble on her and call it a day if you are going to start adding other characters in the mix.

And no, for his Turret to mean anything it has to be in the danger zone, and once down it's near impossible to set up again.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

whats with blonde healers being OP healers

Deleted
    So slap a Zarya bubble on her and call it a day if you are going to start adding other characters in the mix.

And no, for his Turret to mean anything it has to be in the danger zone, and once down it's near impossible to set up again.
    The reason I'm "adding other characters to the mix" is that you never really see Torbjörn without an Orisa, and the reason you pick Orisa with a Torbjörn is to put a barrier in front of the turret. The same can not be said for Mercy + Zarya.

And even without Orisa, Torbjörn setting up his turret is nothing like Mercy resurrecting an ally as that ally died from enemy fire and it's there Mercy needs to be, at that time, whereas Torbjörn can build his turret anywhere at any time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    whats with blonde healers being OP healers
    Because Ana was totally not dominating the scene a year ago? Remember the tripple tank meta? You always brought Ana and never wanted a Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Great change! Wish they would have made it 3s at least though. 1.75s doesn't seem like a lot.
    holy jesus no.
    No not at all.

3s and you would literally NEVER see Mercy picked again. Ever. Even one second is huge.

For reference so maybe you can understand how much even 1.75 seconds murders Mercy, it only takes Tracer 2 seconds to unload her entire clip on someone, which is more than enough to kill Mercy.

With Tracer's mobility and Mercy being so slow while rezzing, any average Tracer would be able to instantly blink in and rip through the Mercy before her rez goes off.

3s would give even Reaper enough time to get in her face.

If they're already pushing hard enough that your turret is instantly dying, then you're wasting your time trying to set it up in the danger zone again. That's like picking Sym and being frustrated that your turrets are being instantly destroyed before you can even do anything.

It's really not comparable. Mercy can't ever rez without getting somewhere that someone just died, making that area dangerous by default unless it was due to something like RIP tire or Hanzo's ult.

That being said, what the hell kinda logic made Blizzard think "Ana is doing pretty bad as a support, let's just buff her damage by 10 and call it a day"
    Ana just feels awful to play for multiple reasons.

1) It's actually stressful to try to heal the Genji who's far ahead, and actually doing well, but your Reinhardt or Roadhog keep walking in front of you because screw you Ana.

2) Grenade just feels awful. The splash is so small, and there's been times I threw it at the ground while I was next to someone for only one of us to get the heal.

3) this is more personal, but her ult is so reliant on having others perform well. When you ult the Soldier and he decides to run in the opposite direction, or you ult the D.Va and she decides to NERF THIS immediately, killing absolutely no one, it's just frustrating. Never mind the fact that a good nano boost will usually give the boosted target play of the game, which isn't really a huge deal of course, but it makes a well placed nano feel less rewarding to the Ana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    holy jesus no.
    No not at all.

3s and you would literally NEVER see Mercy picked again. Ever. Even one second is huge.

For reference so maybe you can understand how much even 1.75 seconds murders Mercy, it only takes Tracer 2 seconds to unload her entire clip on someone, which is more than enough to kill Mercy.

With Tracer's mobility and Mercy being so slow while rezzing, any average Tracer would be able to instantly blink in and rip through the Mercy before her rez goes off.

Meh, just ignore that guy, he doesn't think healers or tanks belong in the game at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    holy jesus no.
    No not at all.

Well the problem with Mercy IS that she can swoop down and rez people in the middle of combat like some sort of God. That is what makes her too OP. The point of this change is to force her to pick her moments. Now she won't be able to jump in the middle of a fire fight to use her OP ability. She'll have to use it more strategically.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

they should just make it so the person being rezzed becomes like an orb or something with mercies health for 3 or more seconds that can be killed which prevents the rez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    they should just make it so the person being rezzed becomes like an orb or something with mercies health for 3 or more seconds that can be killed which prevents the rez
    Kind of punished the player for being ressed.

Pretty awful changes, but Blizz is pretty awful at balancing both this and WoW though, so I'm not surprised.