Avatar and Signature file size restrictions...

Why the stringent limits? We're long past the days of dial-up, it ought to be raised somewhat tbh... :|

Just got an infraction for my little animated signature because it was over 50kb (200kb), hence this thread. -.-;
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-01 at 10:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I think it's high time they upped the limits to the 250x250 resolution limit that is standard or at very least came up with a system to automatically resize them. It's 2017 it's frankly ridiculous that a site actually still hands out infractions for uploading avatars beyond their limit.

Nah, I like the size restrictions. I don't need anyone making some ridiculous seizure inducing signature just to show their photoshop skills or to purposefully troll..

10+ Year Old Account
    Our users on mobile (and probably some on desktop) don't appreciate the increase on loading times for larger sigs. One sig slightly bigger isn't a huge deal, but when you're trying to load a whole page of them (plus any embedded images and videos) it can be a really problem. The dimensions are so we don't have signatures that take up more screen real estate than the average post, as that starts to get disruptive to the flow of discussion.

Since we're not hosting the signature images on our server, we can't manually restrict signature size the way we can with avatars. For the same reason, we wouldn't be able to resize them; that's something that has to be done through whoever is hosting the image.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |