Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sadly, this is just the state of Blizzard's customer service now. If something bugs or does not work in the stated way in game, then opening a ticket will just get a cookie cutter response along the lines of "Thanks for your feedback, but we aren't gonna do anything for you".

But yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous that running with less people scales down the rewards, but not the difficulty.

I 2nd the 'not flex size no flex loot' motion

I don't raid mythic and probably never will again, but holy cow is that just garbage. If anything you should get more loot and more mounts dropping for doing it with less people not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Retarded blizz design strikes again. There is no reason to have it programmed like that. I'm curious as to know how much the chance decreases per member missing, cause not having it drop with just 1 less person has got to be low, so not only did you handicap yourselves for taking less players, but then you got screwed over by a fucking dice roll. Blizzard, get your shit together.
    It's 5% per player, so 19 would be 95% chance to see the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    difficulty in wow is no longer about mechanics or skill, difficulty is grinding for 20 hours a day like blizzard encourage for maximum rewards.
    It's exactly the opposite, provided your vision of skill is not a rotation with more buttons.

I hope, for guilds social cohesion, that the next content is a bit more grindy. Logging in just for mythic raids is currently too easy for an MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to say; OP handled this situation very graciously. I don't see them complaining - just putting out the info. That's really refreshing to see. Obviously this is a guild that is capable of doing this again next week. At the end of the day, all they lost out on was a mount. I'm sure they're over it.

People shouldn't lose their heads about how Blizzard support staff handled it either. They were polite, and just because they were unable (due to the constraints of their SOPs) to give the guild the mount, they gave a fair explanation for why - the reasons for which the OP has so kindly shared with us all.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

Imagine what would happen once gul'dan can be soloed in a future expansion
    1% drop chance of the mount itself, and atfer that a 5% chance to actually get it...

I never understood why they set the loot chance based on members in raid, and not on raid difficulty, which can't be lower than 10 in normal/heroic and is always 20 in mythic...
    This is just idiotic.

When a Blizzard representative links you to a wowhead comment...

Thats when you know that they've most likely outsourced their support to india or something. Terrible support nowadays from GM's. You have to call them and get through to an actual member of staff to get your issue resolved.

Feels like GM's are just bots nowadays.

It doesn't make sense to scale mount drop on a set difficulty. If a guild can 15 man mythic they deserve the higher mount ratio, especially when only 1 mount drops because getting nothing at that point is a punch in the face.

I guess the reason it is coded to the amount of people in the raid is to prevent people abusing it by dropping people out of the raid (just before the kill) and thereby not getting them locked to the kill. Allowing multiple kills to farm more mounts.

The same would be the case if quantity of loot was guaranteed. The possibilities of abuse would likely be quite obscene.

Not that I think what happened to OP is nice, I get why they say it is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageless View Post
    I guess the reason it is coded to the amount of people in the raid is to prevent people abusing it by dropping people out of the raid (just before the kill) and thereby not getting them locked to the kill. Allowing multiple kills to farm more mounts.

The same would be the case if quantity of loot was guaranteed. The possibilities of abuse would likely be quite obscene.

Not that I think what happened to OP is nice, I get why they say it is working as intended.
    This would not matter because everyone in the raid would have the same mythic lockout ID. Boss kills will continue on that instance ID regardless if a person is present or not, so any attempt to create multiple raids at M Gul'dan would not be possible.

Your reasoning makes no sense... its mythic gul'dan, takes a formed group to do it not just a random pug.

Yeah we had the same thing happen to us.. it is a very stupid way of coding. Since it doesnt down scale in difficulty, you shouldnt be punished with less loot for doing the bosses with fewer people

- - - Updated - - -

Its mythic.. If they have accepted the lockout upon entering the instance they will get locked to the kill even if they leave the instance before the boss is dead or even engaged..

Sounds like mythic mode should be scaleable just like normal and heroic. Mythic loot shouldn't have variance in what drops, bosses should just *assume* that if they are killed, it's because they had the equivalent of 20 people.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Wow that's awful.
    Really wish they'll change that !

10+ Year Old Account
    This sucks, but thanks a lot for sharing so I will avoid this in the future.

Who cares. That's just another mount...

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Bottom line: despite the comments on wowhead, this is not a 100% drop chance unless you have 20 people. You will need to fill the raid to have a reliable mount drop.
    I did actually post a comment on wowhead last sunday that this was the case:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137575/f...nts:id=2532114

Not often the lowest rated comment is the most useful one, huh..
    Last edited by Xirev; 2017-11-02 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    We do master loot. It was an all guild run.

As Blizzard GMs said, this was because we had 19 people instead of 20. Working as intended.

We have done these types of mount runs for guildies since ToT. In the past, e.g. with Blackhand mount runs, we killed the boss with as few as 15 people and always had a mount drop. This seems new for this type of raid mount. We simply weren't expecting this. I just wanted to warn others because even the comments on Wowhead indicate people think this is guaranteed. Blizzard says no.
    Well damn, thanks for the warning. We are doing an 19 man mythic NH next week for the mount, we will be sure to bring a random guild member.
    Hopefully you guys get the mount from Blizz. 'cause that is insane.

Deleted
    Happens in dungeons and m+ too, as some point we 3 or 4 manned these with friends due to most irlies being absent, and we've gotten 0-1 pieces of loot, the same applies to nightbane ETC.
    Personal drop can be assigned to party/raid slots that are empty, so can mythic loot, wtf.