Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic Guldan Mount is not Guaranteed

Despite posts by Blizzard that the Mythic Guldan mount (http://www.wowhead.com/item=137575) is a guaranteed drop, it is only guaranteed if you have 20 persons in the raid. Blizzard's previous statement on this being guaranteed was posted here:

https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/sta...90018428911617

This is not true. My guild had an offnight due to the Halloween holiday and decided to clear the last two bosses in Mythic NH to get someone a mount with what we had on. Because we've had a lot of turnover, we have had to reteach this fight and deal with wipes. We didn't have enough people online to do KJ progression, so we just used the 19 people in the raid to kill Guldan instead.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zcfNm6RAgPLbTZJq

Upon killing Guldan, we found there was no mount. We found the tweet above, and I contacted customer service and filled out a ticket about a loot drop issue. Here is the communication that occurred with GMs.

GM reply to initial ticket

My response

2nd GM response

The GMs were nice in explaining that the tweets and information from Blizzard were not quite correct.

Bottom line: despite the comments on wowhead, this is not a 100% drop chance unless you have 20 people. You will need to fill the raid to have a reliable mount drop.

TBH it's quite ridicolous that rewards scale down in Mythic raid with less people while the difiiculty is not. If you can down Mythic boss for example with 15 people you shouldn't get 3 items istead of 4 and only a 75% chance of mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a ridiculous, stupid way to code the mount drops. This has to be new to this expac, because passed mounts most certainly didn't work this way. My guild was basically 10-15 manning blackhand for his mount every week late into HFC and it dropped every time. Now why would they feel it necessary to change it this way?

Blizz gets off by fucking over the playerbase with these ridiculous decisions!!

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow what a nightmare. Blizzard needs to fix this

... That is beyond silly.

If a group can kill a Mythic boss with 19, 17 or 15 people, how the hell should that equate to "they dun deserves teh rewards!"...? It's not as if the difficulty is scaled down like HC/Normal...
    I can't recall any past Mythic mount having this rule.

Thx fot sharing the info, cos my guild is going to star farming the mount with 18. And sometimes the Blizzard dev team need to learn how to communicate.

yup blizzard fucked up, but its intended to be fucked so blizz just gonna let it continue.

Just curious: Did you have it set to master loot or personal loot? I know for instance that the Nightbane mount (which you can't ML even if its 5 guild members) has a smart loot system behind it so that it is guaranteed to go to someone who does not have the mount already. I can imagine a situation in which they implemented this smart loot system to the Gul'dan (and possibly other) mounts as well. If so, it may be possible that the mount is 100% drop rate on any raid size *IF* master looter is set.

Again, just curious to know.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

We do master loot. It was an all guild run.

As Blizzard GMs said, this was because we had 19 people instead of 20. Working as intended.

We have done these types of mount runs for guildies since ToT. In the past, e.g. with Blackhand mount runs, we killed the boss with as few as 15 people and always had a mount drop. This seems new for this type of raid mount. We simply weren't expecting this. I just wanted to warn others because even the comments on Wowhead indicate people think this is guaranteed. Blizzard says no.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-11-02 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, that seems like a really major oversight or just stupid as hell design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

That's ridiculous.

It's pretty stupid but my guild also noticed this when we during summer had to raid with 19 people and got less loot from sisters and host than normal.

That's stupid. We're planning to downsize the group we do GD with once Antorus hits, but this would hurt us a lot. Thanks for the information.

This is how all looting works now. Soloed a 15 and only got 1 peice of loot. Same with nightbane. only a 20 percent chance.

Personal loot has fucked soloing and undermanning content. Its a percent per slot in the raid now, which equals to 100 if everyone is there. If some one is missing, you don't get credit for them, even though the difficulty was HIGHER without them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    This is how all looting works now. Soloed a 15 and only got 1 peice of loot. Same with nightbane. only a 20 percent chance.

Personal loot has fucked soloing and undermanning content. Its a percent per slot in the raid now, which equals to 100 if everyone is there. If some one is missing, you don't get credit for them, even though the difficulty was HIGHER without them.
    difficulty in wow is no longer about mechanics or skill, difficulty is grinding for 20 hours a day like blizzard encourage for maximum rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    difficulty in wow is no longer about mechanics or skill, difficulty is grinding for 20 hours a day like blizzard encourage for maximum rewards.
    oh fuck off with that shit.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    What does that even have to do with this? Honestly if you think that you are just a casual but a sad reminder: everyone said they wanted classic back and look what happened. First time in a decade there is this much out of raid to grind for player power. Anyway, completely irrelevant here.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Retarded blizz design strikes again. There is no reason to have it programmed like that. I'm curious as to know how much the chance decreases per member missing, cause not having it drop with just 1 less person has got to be low, so not only did you handicap yourselves for taking less players, but then you got screwed over by a fucking dice roll. Blizzard, get your shit together.

Exactly same thing happened to our guild few months ago, we didn't have 20 to start TOS, 1 guy was late, we went to NH instead with 19, no mount. Guild master wrote ticket, got reply within the lines of "tough shit can't help ya". Again, same as OP, if we knew, we'd fill in a warm body like a social or a multiboxer alt, kill him off in a corner and collect our mount after.

Mythic is not "flex size" so why "flex loot" applies to it? Flex loot chance per raider only applies to sizes that scales with amount of raid members... This is really bullshit. And yeah I agree with the guy who mentioned Blackhand mount, my guild was killing him with 17-18 people and selling the mount during HFC, it always dropped.