Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How do you do Mage Tower as WW/BrM?

Hi guys,

I tried doing Mage Tower as WW but oh boy it's lot harder than I imagined. I have seen some forum posts and videos on Youtube but I cant seem to do it. I've tried 3 4 times and gave up.

I think my DPS is fine but I must be doing something wrong. On side note, I have always manage to stay in 1-3 places in DPS on LFR on pull averaging 1.2 - 1.6m dps and would take a dips to 700 - 830k dps.

My armory is https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ourne/gawdfree and at ilvl 909 with Archimonde Trinket / Soul of Grandmaster Ring (This is all the leggos I have so far).

Maybe it's my gear or talents but I would greatly appreciate if someone who has done it and has great tip/advice would direct me to right direction of completing this.

Thanks in advance.

I have it, completed it with 915 ilvl. Really it's not about your dps the challenge is hard and that's the point. It's gonna take you alot of tries mine probably took over 50 attempts and most of those I never said phase 2. This can vary it might take you less or it might take you 100. That is for ww for tank those are the hardest ones and may take u alot more though I heard monk was supposably the easiest but idk about that. I did it on dh and dk was ruff.

Buy all the food and stat boosting stuff and grind out nethrr shards and prepair to do alot of attempts, there is no other way. Do 20 at a time or more and u will gradually make progress. Certain legendary make these things easier. You could try to boost your ilvl and gain concordance and unlock stuff in the crucible
    Last edited by Haytur; 2017-11-02 at 05:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    For WW, focus on the totems that stun. If you focus on that, you won't get stunned and get gibbed. I found that's what kept getting me. Once I nailed down where they were, the rest fell into place. Also get a WA for the cast he does so you know when to interrupt it and don't forget you can leg sweep him. Save your Touch of Karma for the worm's sonic ability but like the 3rd or 4th one. That TOK on the 4th one brought me back to full health and let me kill it.

Also, DO NOT let yourself panic. Just go with the flow and let it happen. Don't freak because you'll panic and lose it. The time I got it, I just calmly did it and before I knew it I was on the worm and it totally threw me off on how far along I got with no effort.

Hope ANY of that helped.
    Last edited by Xenyatta; 2017-11-02 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For BrM, its mostly about getting through phase 1 ok, and then learning the interupts and kiting for phase 2.

Phase 1 has the most shit to worry about - You get Infernals constantly coming in, you have to interupt the cast often enough, you can't stay up and dps the boss constantly due to the debuff.

In Phase 2, you interupt 1 cast every minute (Compared to 3-4 times a minute), and just pop CDs for a big Hit (Stagger it off real easy) every 45ish seconds, and just deal with adds from phase 1 (Infernals that are still there, and the horror spawns that happen every so often).

You are really going to want Leg Sweep, and proper usage of Paralysis to range-interupt the casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

My monk is 898 ilvl and I crushed the WW challenge in 3 attempts, but to be fair I had about 10 practice attempts doing it a couple of weeks ago for my main's alt spec (Disc Priest does the same challenge). Honestly, if you know your class at all, the Feltotem challenge is by far the easiest of all of them.

Here is my monk, using the challenge appearance as proof: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...age/synchordia

Ignore the wurm in the first phase. Its sonic screech doesn't even lock you, unless you get caught casting an effusion for health when it goes off, like I did once. But you can still attack with everything except chi wave if that happens. Note that Chi Wave, healing elixir, and the single piece of 652 leech gear on my WW was more than enough self-healing for P1.

Use Whirling Dragon Punch over Serenity to kill the eggs quickly; that and FoF will melt the adds through the incidental AoE. Keep Tugar in the middle of the room, near the fire/cauldron and never untarget him unless you're killing the stun totem. Your interrupt should be available every time he tries to Fel Burst you, but just in case, every time leg sweep is available use that instead to reset the lineup. If you eat a Fel Burst, you pretty much die unless you have a 925-930+ ilvl because it hits for over 3M. If you get hit with the charge, there's a good chance you'll die to a Fel Burst, so don't. Kite around, always making sure you put the fallen rock between you and the underground wurm. Destruction Warlocks also do this challenge, and if you fear Tugar as he casts earthquake, the adds don't spawn. You could try leg sweeping him, that might have the same effect. This challenge isn't about the DPS, but instead it's all about iron-willed execution during phase 1. The underground earthquake phase lasts until the wurm hits all three rocks.

After Tugar dies, the wurm deals 150% more damage, and its sonic screech starts stacking increasing damage. It can be stunned with leg sweep to buy you some time. Try to line up cooldowns with Touch of Death - delaying a FoF of Strike of the Windlord a couple of seconds to make ToD do more damage is probably a good idea. Use Touch of Karma on the screech, it should absorb almost all of it, even a late one when the wurm is close to death, and reflect all of it back. You'll also for a couple of very late ones cast a couple of Effusions to get back up your HP - if you're not at about 80%+ you'll probably die if you're 2-3 minutes in. But seriously, once Tugar is dead you're pretty much home free. I've only wiped on phase 2 on this challenge once ever with a character, and that when when dumbass me locked myself out of holy spells on my Priest.

I also have no idea for the BrM challenge because I've never done the tank one (all tanks do the same challenge). I have heard it's miserable, and that was a bear druid who told me that. Since they're pretty much a raid boss in terms of difficulty to kill, I presume it's obnoxiously difficult for the other tanks.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Haytur View Post
    I have it, completed it with 915 ilvl. Really it's not about your dps the challenge is hard and that's the point. It's gonna take you alot of tries mine probably took over 50 attempts and most of those I never said phase 2. This can vary it might take you less or it might take you 100. That is for ww for tank those are the hardest ones and may take u alot more though I heard monk was supposably the easiest but idk about that. I did it on dh and dk was ruff.

Buy all the food and stat boosting stuff and grind out nethrr shards and prepair to do alot of attempts, there is no other way. Do 20 at a time or more and u will gradually make progress. Certain legendary make these things easier. You could try to boost your ilvl and gain concordance and unlock stuff in the crucible
    I have concordance at 16 or 17. Artifact Power 66. Unlocked second nether crucible...

So basically, interrupt Tugar and kill totems and Touch Of Karma on Worm when he casts Sonic Screech = profit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    My monk is 898 ilvl and I crushed the WW challenge in 3 attempts, but to be fair I had about 10 practice attempts doing it a couple of weeks ago for my main's alt spec (Disc Priest does the same challenge). Honestly, if you know your class at all, the Feltotem challenge is by far the easiest of all of them.

Here is my monk, using the challenge appearance as proof: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...age/synchordia

Ignore the wurm in the first phase. Its sonic screech doesn't even lock you, unless you get caught casting an effusion for health when it goes off, like I did once. But you can still attack with everything except chi wave if that happens. Note that Chi Wave, healing elixir, and the single piece of 652 leech gear on my WW was more than enough self-healing for P1.

Use Whirling Dragon Punch over Serenity to kill the eggs quickly; that and FoF will melt the adds through the incidental AoE. Keep Tugar in the middle of the room, near the fire/cauldron and never untarget him unless you're killing the stun totem. Your interrupt should be available every time he tries to Fel Burst you, but just in case, every time leg sweep is available use that instead to reset the lineup. If you eat a Fel Burst, you pretty much die unless you have a 925-930+ ilvl because it hits for over 3M. If you get hit with the charge, there's a good chance you'll die to a Fel Burst, so don't. Kite around, always making sure you put the fallen rock between you and the underground wurm. Destruction Warlocks also do this challenge, and if you fear Tugar as he casts earthquake, the adds don't spawn. You could try leg sweeping him, that might have the same effect. This challenge isn't about the DPS, but instead it's all about iron-willed execution during phase 1. The underground earthquake phase lasts until the wurm hits all three rocks.

After Tugar dies, the wurm deals 150% more damage, and its sonic screech starts stacking increasing damage. It can be stunned with leg sweep to buy you some time. Try to line up cooldowns with Touch of Death - delaying a FoF of Strike of the Windlord a couple of seconds to make ToD do more damage is probably a good idea. Use Touch of Karma on the screech, it should absorb almost all of it, even a late one when the wurm is close to death, and reflect all of it back. You'll also for a couple of very late ones cast a couple of Effusions to get back up your HP - if you're not at about 80%+ you'll probably die if you're 2-3 minutes in. But seriously, once Tugar is dead you're pretty much home free. I've only wiped on phase 2 on this challenge once ever with a character, and that when when dumbass me locked myself out of holy spells on my Priest.

I also have no idea for the BrM challenge because I've never done the tank one (all tanks do the same challenge). I have heard it's miserable, and that was a bear druid who told me that. Since they're pretty much a raid boss in terms of difficulty to kill, I presume it's obnoxiously difficult for the other tanks.
    This is really good feedback and advice - So basically, interrupt Tugar and kill totems and Touch Of Karma on Worm when he casts Sonic Screech = profit?

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    This is really good feedback and advice - So basically, interrupt Tugar and kill totems and Touch Of Karma on Worm when he casts Sonic Screech = profit?
    Only use ToK on the wurm in p2; it takes highly reduced damage in p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Only use ToK on the wurm in p2; it takes highly reduced damage in p1.
    But my problem is my health is reduced quickly before I even get Tugar to 50% how would I be able to get my health consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    But my problem is my health is reduced quickly before I even get Tugar to 50% how would I be able to get my health consistently?
    Chi Wave heals you when it hits you, Healing Elixir heals you for 15% HP, and in a pinch you have Effusion.

Also don't forget your Transcendence: Transfer, it's a 25%+ max HP heal and moves you around quickly, on a short CD.

Honestly never had any issues or had to worry about healing, I used healing brew or elixiars i forget the name of the talent. Also when u kill the adds they drop health orbs that heal u. If you feel your getting low use ToK I think mostly if your getting that low your probably failing some mechanics some where to get to that point like you got stunned.
    Last edited by Haytur; 2017-11-02 at 06:36 AM.

Didn't take me to long to do this. Almost got it during pre tomb, but just didn't put in much time. Got it pretty easily with the higher level gear that I have now. I found that there are 2 big things to focus on. Not letting the boss get his cast off. That's what takes most of your health. And then not letting the add that pops up stun you, because that's more likely when you'll mis the boss cast. So, always interrupt the boss, and save chi wave to case on the little add that pops up from time to time.

Once I got into phase 2, I did find that the worm's cast started hurting so I would Touch of Karma to help interrupt that spell.

Didnt have to much issues at all with the worm he starts casting that shout do a Leg sweep to stun him, you can also paralyze him so that shouldnt be a big issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytur View Post
    Honestly never had any issues or had to worry about healing, I used healing brew or elixiars i forget the name of the talent. Also when u kill the adds they drop health orbs that heal u.
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Also don't forget your Transcendence: Transfer, it's a 25%+ max HP heal and moves you around quickly, on a short CD.
    These two basically keep you up all times. I didn't have much problem with self healing and just make sure to not get stunned and not let the fel burst cast happen. if the first guy is close to death hold off on your cds as the 2nd phase is pretty much burn before you die. - Setting up a wa to see the fel burst casts might help a lot OR just putting him on focus so you can easy see his casts which ever works for you.
    I found keeping SEF let me just tunnel the boss while the clones went off and killed eggs and other things. Helped me worry about the interrupts a bit more

For the tank challenge, i found it very helpful to go full damage. Surviving is ok when you get to grips with the knock back effects, outside that you want to try and get him out of p1 as soon as possible. It gives you less stuff to worry about in p2. The tank challenge was harder then the dps one but still doable when you have the general idea of how to dodge the stuff and you can monitor your stacks its easy enough. - Leg sweep i found very useful for the 4 adds as they can be easy stunned and nuked down. everything else i just took the highest dmg i could get.

BrM was easiest chalenge i've done, albeit i was 930ish when i did it and had both shoulders and chest.
    All you need to do is to spec into Niuzao and go through first phase before second infernal lands.
    I did it in >10 tries and i STILL struggle on my 940 prot pala.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

For WW, you can interrupt the Worm's cast in p2 with incap, and you should. Makes it quite easy, lets you heal up with less to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    BrM was easiest chalenge i've done, albeit i was 930ish when i did it and had both shoulders and chest.
    All you need to do is to spec into Niuzao and go through first phase before second infernal lands.
    I did it in >10 tries and i STILL struggle on my 940 prot pala.
    its because you were 930. tank challenge was one of the most difficult when they were first released.

BrM one is fucking bullshit and ilvl changes drastically how easy it is since a lot of it is about taking unavoidable dmg and just living through it. The WW one is rather easy, it follows a pattern of interrupt and target switching, it was the easiest challenge I done so far but I haven't done many.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    its because you were 930. tank challenge was one of the most difficult when they were first released.
    Second this. Tank challenge is all about gear. DPS challenges can minmax a lot in theirs and just simply doing mechanics properly to not die, but tank challenge can not be skipped with proper execution alone if you're undergeared.

For Brewmaster, if you take the talent "Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox", you can essentially "cheese" the entire encounter. You can use it right on the pull and ignore pretty much everything and focus Variss for a long time. The Ox will taunt Variss/Kruul for about a minute straight so you don't even have to worry about interrupting any casts except for Drain Life or Twisted Reflection.

Depending on your dps, you can have Niuzao ready when Kruul comes down and use it again to focus on damaging Kruul. Still gotta pay attention to infernals and adds, but with this method you shouldn't really have that many infernals to worry about.

The main issue for me at least was being able to heal myself, so I had to wait until I had the 2 piece bonus from ToS before I was able to complete it.