Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I don't still know how you twisted "15 minutes of mana management" into "phase 1".
    It was obviously an exaggeration. But the whole run can easily go for 15 minutes making it more annoying to complete than actually hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
    For Brewmaster, if you take the talent "Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox", you can essentially "cheese" the entire encounter. You can use it right on the pull and ignore pretty much everything and focus Variss for a long time. The Ox will taunt Variss/Kruul for about a minute straight so you don't even have to worry about interrupting any casts except for Drain Life or Twisted Reflection.

Depending on your dps, you can have Niuzao ready when Kruul comes down and use it again to focus on damaging Kruul. Still gotta pay attention to infernals and adds, but with this method you shouldn't really have that many infernals to worry about.

The main issue for me at least was being able to heal myself, so I had to wait until I had the 2 piece bonus from ToS before I was able to complete it.
    Also get Goblin Gliders, you can activate it when you get knocked back by an infernal to glide right back in.

You're definitely doing something wrong as WW. I completed it on like my 5th try back in May with 900 ilvl. The biggest tip I could give is to use Prydaz, it pretty much trivializes the whole encounter.

As for BrM, it's a lot harder. Takes skill, awareness, as well as favorable RNG in order to beat it. Took me about 100 tries to get it down back in May and with shitty BrM Leggos. I'd imagine with today's gear, it's a lot easier.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Windwalker challenge is actually completely broken, you have way too many tools at your disposal to cheese the entire thing and indeed in Phase 2 you can just keep the worm from doing anything at all because Paralyze works on it. It's mostly an attention check like many other DPS challenges, if you can keep from getting gibbed by the mechanics, you win eventually. Interrupt him, kill adds/totems, dont get hit by things.

I really think the only challenge easier than the WW one is the Ret/Enh one, which is barely even worth mentioning.

BrM is...well, Kruul is a frustrating encounter. I actually only did it on my Druid, had little motivation to bother on any other specs, so I can't say how hard/easy it is on BrM.

The WW challenge was stupidly easy.

I had completed the healer challenge before trying the WW one and was disgusted at how easy the WW one was. The healer one made me want to rip out my hair.

Then I attempted the brewmaster challenge. Ah Kruul, I hate you so. I followed the guides to the letter, watched the videos, but because I stacked a bit more dps gear, I was killing the first boss too quickly for my invoke niuzao to be back up for when Kruul jumped down. So I changed everything I had been doing, went with statue to taunt the adds off velen, and saved niuzao for when Kruul dropped down. And one shot it with that one change.. I didn't know whether to weep or laugh hysterically. I may or may not have done a bit of both (I main MW, so tanking is a tad foreign to me in that no high ilvl would have saved me, but this has taught me about tanking in ways I could never imagine).

I'd even forgotten to lust when he first dropped down, and did not drink a second pot (too busy mashing buttons at that point). I kept the ox statue down near me and kept kiting Kruul around Velen, rolled away when he was about to leap, and Niuzao took all the big hits, so I was able to just burn him down quickly and he was dead before Niuzao ran out. I had 3 orbs left up at the end, velen barely lost any health and with the Leg chest and the quest Leg ring from antorus with rank 2 of the relic trees pushing for dps, (it is astonishing just how much dps that did), and went with Umbral's Moonglaives and Leviathan's hunger for trinket (also did quite a bit of dmg and healing to me), that little change of saving Niuzao for just Kruul (because I was killing the first one quickly anyway by kiting the adds around him and crackling jade lightning when I had to run away due to high stacks in between healing myself), made it much easier and a tad less hectic.

I know the guides say leg sweep is the best and in many ways it was, but I found it easier when I saved Niuzao for Kruul, to just use the ox statue to pull the adds to me instead of using any abilities that could otherwise be used on Kruul, to bring them to me. I also went with eye of the tiger.. I know, terrible talent choices for it, but if you have high dps as a tank, I found it useful and did not really need to heal myself that much.

I used bear tartare, agi flask, rune, and one potion of prolonged power on pull.

I finally got the brew challenge down. My monk is a crappy alt with a mish-mash of m+ gear and ilvl 930. I was really struggling in p1 just staying alive against Variss. I hear t20 2-set helps with self heals. Anyway, because my ilvl was decent I saved my Nizuao for Kruul and just beat Varis up the old fashioned way. I used orbs as soon as Velen produced them and I was often in dire need. I ranged Varis to avoid a mind rend sometimes, I used Zen med to eat one. When Kruul came down I popped everything with Nizuao on top. When he died I CCd all the annihilates with orbs or leg sweep. I was just about to die to a stomp and got a chi torpedo into an orb, and beat his last couple of mil HP for the win.

Was hard! Feelsgoodman!

I completed WW yesterday at 942 (alt with just relinq gear and some normal antorus gear) on the 3rd try without any idea of what the encounter was. All i did was dps feltotem and interupt him until he was dead. Killed the eggs and totem that spawned throughout the first phase. When the wurm became killable i paralyzed its cast and it was dead within a min of dpsing it.

Softbottom <Game Over>
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I completed WW yesterday at 942 (alt with just relinq gear and some normal antorus gear) on the 3rd try without any idea of what the encounter was. All i did was dps feltotem and interupt him until he was dead. Killed the eggs and totem that spawned throughout the first phase. When the wurm became killable i paralyzed its cast and it was dead within a min of dpsing it.
    Yeah the WW one is stupidly easy for that class and spec. I was so disgusted with how cruisy it was, compared to the MW one, which is just bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    Yeah the WW one is stupidly easy for that class and spec. I was so disgusted with how cruisy it was, compared to the MW one, which is just bloody awful.
    The problem with Mistweaver challenge is that the last phase is actually harder as we get better gear. Thanks to one ability: Ignite Soul.

We naturally have more HP as we gear up, and the damage done by Ignite Soul scales with your current Health. We have to bring ourselves really low with the fire patch, orelse IS kills everyone. Don't forget to unequip Prydaz too, since the shield it provides may keep our health too high when IS goes off.

I didn't have an issue with Prydaz in the last phase. I did take my health down a bit lower though to compensate and it gave me some time to dps as well.

The last phase is all about timing and making sure that our health is low enough and I do agree with you. That last phase is made harder because we are better geared now and we have that much health.

Actually if you do it well, the last phase you will lower your health until Prydaz shield is about to refresh, so this way you won't get any damage from the explosion.

Windwalker was made easy by Prydaz and health pool for sure, tried the same on my BM hunter and died in last phase due to lack of healing... and one shot on my disc priest then again the same encounter... so if you have heals it's easy.. so don't forget to take healing elixirs and gg.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Armory: Mistweaver Monk - Twitter