Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I don't still know how you twisted "15 minutes of mana management" into "phase 1".
    It was obviously an exaggeration. But the whole run can easily go for 15 minutes making it more annoying to complete than actually hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
    For Brewmaster, if you take the talent "Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox", you can essentially "cheese" the entire encounter. You can use it right on the pull and ignore pretty much everything and focus Variss for a long time. The Ox will taunt Variss/Kruul for about a minute straight so you don't even have to worry about interrupting any casts except for Drain Life or Twisted Reflection.

Depending on your dps, you can have Niuzao ready when Kruul comes down and use it again to focus on damaging Kruul. Still gotta pay attention to infernals and adds, but with this method you shouldn't really have that many infernals to worry about.

The main issue for me at least was being able to heal myself, so I had to wait until I had the 2 piece bonus from ToS before I was able to complete it.
    Also get Goblin Gliders, you can activate it when you get knocked back by an infernal to glide right back in.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're definitely doing something wrong as WW. I completed it on like my 5th try back in May with 900 ilvl. The biggest tip I could give is to use Prydaz, it pretty much trivializes the whole encounter.

As for BrM, it's a lot harder. Takes skill, awareness, as well as favorable RNG in order to beat it. Took me about 100 tries to get it down back in May and with shitty BrM Leggos. I'd imagine with today's gear, it's a lot easier.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The WW challenge was stupidly easy.

I had completed the healer challenge before trying the WW one and was disgusted at how easy the WW one was. The healer one made me want to rip out my hair.

Then I attempted the brewmaster challenge. Ah Kruul, I hate you so. I followed the guides to the letter, watched the videos, but because I stacked a bit more dps gear, I was killing the first boss too quickly for my invoke niuzao to be back up for when Kruul jumped down. So I changed everything I had been doing, went with statue to taunt the adds off velen, and saved niuzao for when Kruul dropped down. And one shot it with that one change.. I didn't know whether to weep or laugh hysterically. I may or may not have done a bit of both (I main MW, so tanking is a tad foreign to me in that no high ilvl would have saved me, but this has taught me about tanking in ways I could never imagine).

I'd even forgotten to lust when he first dropped down, and did not drink a second pot (too busy mashing buttons at that point). I kept the ox statue down near me and kept kiting Kruul around Velen, rolled away when he was about to leap, and Niuzao took all the big hits, so I was able to just burn him down quickly and he was dead before Niuzao ran out. I had 3 orbs left up at the end, velen barely lost any health and with the Leg chest and the quest Leg ring from antorus with rank 2 of the relic trees pushing for dps, (it is astonishing just how much dps that did), and went with Umbral's Moonglaives and Leviathan's hunger for trinket (also did quite a bit of dmg and healing to me), that little change of saving Niuzao for just Kruul (because I was killing the first one quickly anyway by kiting the adds around him and crackling jade lightning when I had to run away due to high stacks in between healing myself), made it much easier and a tad less hectic.

I know the guides say leg sweep is the best and in many ways it was, but I found it easier when I saved Niuzao for Kruul, to just use the ox statue to pull the adds to me instead of using any abilities that could otherwise be used on Kruul, to bring them to me. I also went with eye of the tiger.. I know, terrible talent choices for it, but if you have high dps as a tank, I found it useful and did not really need to heal myself that much.

I used bear tartare, agi flask, rune, and one potion of prolonged power on pull.

I finally got the brew challenge down. My monk is a crappy alt with a mish-mash of m+ gear and ilvl 930. I was really struggling in p1 just staying alive against Variss. I hear t20 2-set helps with self heals. Anyway, because my ilvl was decent I saved my Nizuao for Kruul and just beat Varis up the old fashioned way. I used orbs as soon as Velen produced them and I was often in dire need. I ranged Varis to avoid a mind rend sometimes, I used Zen med to eat one. When Kruul came down I popped everything with Nizuao on top. When he died I CCd all the annihilates with orbs or leg sweep. I was just about to die to a stomp and got a chi torpedo into an orb, and beat his last couple of mil HP for the win.

Was hard! Feelsgoodman!

I completed WW yesterday at 942 (alt with just relinq gear and some normal antorus gear) on the 3rd try without any idea of what the encounter was. All i did was dps feltotem and interupt him until he was dead. Killed the eggs and totem that spawned throughout the first phase. When the wurm became killable i paralyzed its cast and it was dead within a min of dpsing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I completed WW yesterday at 942 (alt with just relinq gear and some normal antorus gear) on the 3rd try without any idea of what the encounter was. All i did was dps feltotem and interupt him until he was dead. Killed the eggs and totem that spawned throughout the first phase. When the wurm became killable i paralyzed its cast and it was dead within a min of dpsing it.
    Yeah the WW one is stupidly easy for that class and spec. I was so disgusted with how cruisy it was, compared to the MW one, which is just bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    Yeah the WW one is stupidly easy for that class and spec. I was so disgusted with how cruisy it was, compared to the MW one, which is just bloody awful.
    The problem with Mistweaver challenge is that the last phase is actually harder as we get better gear. Thanks to one ability: Ignite Soul.

We naturally have more HP as we gear up, and the damage done by Ignite Soul scales with your current Health. We have to bring ourselves really low with the fire patch, orelse IS kills everyone. Don't forget to unequip Prydaz too, since the shield it provides may keep our health too high when IS goes off.

I didn't have an issue with Prydaz in the last phase. I did take my health down a bit lower though to compensate and it gave me some time to dps as well.

The last phase is all about timing and making sure that our health is low enough and I do agree with you. That last phase is made harder because we are better geared now and we have that much health.

Actually if you do it well, the last phase you will lower your health until Prydaz shield is about to refresh, so this way you won't get any damage from the explosion.

Windwalker was made easy by Prydaz and health pool for sure, tried the same on my BM hunter and died in last phase due to lack of healing... and one shot on my disc priest then again the same encounter... so if you have heals it's easy.. so don't forget to take healing elixirs and gg.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    962 WW. Thought I already cleared the challenge, but didn't really do it.

Oh well.
    It was piss poor easy with this much gear. After all the pulls and the planning back then I was so positive I did it.
    Was kind of disappointed.

No big strat, just dodge the floor, burst / kick / stun Tugar, have a port around the middle of the room to get to totems and eggs if you get stuck between a wall like me.

Not that's important, with that much gear I've been stunned 3 times and managed to survive the whole thing. Tugar boasts 150mil hp, he's basically made of paper.
    Paralyze any possible worm casts, port to heal and don't paralyze when you have Karma up if you need heals.

Pre pot, no second pot. Serenity + EDH + Capacitor. Golganneth + Singed fangs. No tier.

Essentially your main concern is keeping an eye on the HP reduction stack you're receiving during P1, when I was around 910 ilvl 6 stacks was like my safe number before pulling back. For me learning when to prioritize killing eyes and when not to played a huge part in being able to be more aggressive with damage output during the first phase, if eyes are spawned back to back relatively close to eachother you're usually safe to simply continue dpsing and then maintaining eyes on them. Next is learning how to handle the infernals, it's easy to kill one asap but it's also easy to forget that it can come back up and it'll womp you where you least expect it. Having a transcendence down helps ALOT as a safety precaution. Other than that P2 for me was a breeze, you have a lot of free movement during P2 and so personally perfecting how to approach P1 is key. Speccing into Niuzao helps alot for the first bit of the fight, healing elixir is pretty good as backup heals. I alternated between leg sweep and Black Ox and I found leg sweep to be better for me. It let me control damage intake alot better. I specced chi burst to snipe eyes and i always use black ox brew. Hopefully these tips help.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is really no need to complicate things with weak aura when the boss for ww tries to cast. Just /focus him. Focus is built into the game. Make paralysis and spear hand strike into a macro /use [@focus]Paralysis and do another for SHS. This way your interrupts will always go on the boss even when you're targeting an add

Same works for inquisitor variss

Deleted
    I don't even know what to say but I did the WW tower yesterday and.. I didn't even know what was going on but I one shotted it without even know ANY ability of the encounter. Yes I had 945 ilvl, but I just bursted down the main dude, killed spawns, and after that killed the worm (even tho it had like 40% reduced dmg taken, dunno where from). There was no incoming dmg, no crowd control, nothing. Maybe I got lucky and wasn't hit with something or smth like that.
    When I did the enhancer challenge (with an offspec I haven't played in years), it was much harder and took me a few tries even with ~960 gear (mostly because I had to learn the spec first lol but still).
    Last edited by mmoca1bc9cb6f0; 2018-01-29 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    I don't even know what to say but I did the WW tower yesterday and.. I didn't even know what was going on but I one shotted it without even know ANY ability of the encounter. Yes I had 945 ilvl, but I just bursted down the main dude, killed spawns, and after that killed the worm (even tho it had like 40% reduced dmg taken, dunno where from). There was no incoming dmg, no crowd control, nothing. Maybe I got lucky and wasn't hit with something or smth like that.
    When I did the enhancer challenge (with an offspec I haven't played in years), it was much harder and took me a few tries even with ~960 gear (mostly because I had to learn the spec first lol but still).
    He has armor on him. When he burrows and charges you, each time he hits a rock, one stack of armor is removed (one stack is 10% reduced damage IIRC).

But ya, the WW one is really easy to understand compared to the others. Interrupt casts, dodge bad, kill everything. Same with Agatha (Fire mage/Unholy DK/Ele shaman). Challenges like the twins and the one Havoc and Frost DK get are much more complicated mechanically.

Windwalker one has to be the easiest of all challenges across all classes and specs I've done. What a joke that was.

Just did the brewmaster one after not having played a single second of BRM this expansion, all I can say is that Niuzao carries the last phase by itself, all I had to do was interrupt the boss-heal and dps, while the badass Ox just tanked everything. Obviously carried by ilvl (958 as brm) but still, I actually don't have any idea what any of the defensive spells actually do, or even how to heal myself, and I still made it in 4 tries. In frist phase I just popped the statue in the middle and dpsed the boss spamming Tiger Palm and Keg Smash with drums and prepot.

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    Hi guys,

I tried doing Mage Tower as WW but oh boy it's lot harder than I imagined. I have seen some forum posts and videos on Youtube but I cant seem to do it. I've tried 3 4 times and gave up.

I think my DPS is fine but I must be doing something wrong. On side note, I have always manage to stay in 1-3 places in DPS on LFR on pull averaging 1.2 - 1.6m dps and would take a dips to 700 - 830k dps.

My armory is https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ourne/gawdfree and at ilvl 909 with Archimonde Trinket / Soul of Grandmaster Ring (This is all the leggos I have so far).

Maybe it's my gear or talents but I would greatly appreciate if someone who has done it and has great tip/advice would direct me to right direction of completing this.

Thanks in advance.
    WTF you tried something that is supposed to be a challenge 3-4 times and gave up because you were not successful? You are literally the case study for why people hate LFR

Just did the WW challenge yesterday, i had never seen it before, no videos, no nothing, and i did it on my first ever try, it was easy to the point of being silly honestly

Yes i outgear it at around 930 ilvl, but i still felt that compared to the ret challenge (my main) there were so few things to keep in mind, basically dont stand in swirly shit and keep interupting, that`s it :P

This is why i wanted challenge to scale with gear, my sense of achievement was far greater when i completed the ret challenge after 30 tries at 890 ilvl :<

Um, the DPS challenge for WW is a joke. It's the easiest of the DPS challenges. It's all about interrupting his chasobolt every time and destroying the stun totem. That's it.

You should be rotating leg sweep>interrupt>paralyze>interrupt. If you know you're not gonna make an interrupt, touch of karma the boss to mitigate it. You then kill the worm which is a total joke. The telegraphed attacks from the worm are so easy to see and dodge.

----

For the tank one, it's all about add management and DPS. Kill the eyes diligently, do not let them pile up. Circle kite the infernals while damaging them down with keg smash, flame breath, and Jade Winds. Same for anomalies, round them up near a golden orb and as soon as they start to cast netherstorm, hit the gold orb to both heal up, interrupt them, kill them with a kegsmash+jade wind, then back to boss.

Don't take more than 4-5 stacks of his zone and you will be able to basically heal up enough to last till the next gold orb Velen casts. They are your lifeline, don't let them sit there and go to waste, use them actively to manage bunched up ads.

For last phase, keep Kruul away from Velen as well as the nether aberrations. The best trick is to kite Kruul away from the infernals so you don't have to worry about them as you burn Kruul down with heroism+pot. Hitting one nether abberation usally aggroes the rest, so go hit one away from velen and all the others will come to you.

In second phase, abuse the golden orbs to heal up after every leap he does on you (use roll immediately after each leap to avoid the heavy damage from the aoe zone his leap causes) and it allows you to ignore adds by chain cc'ing them with orbs as you kill Kruul down. Keep strafing sideways to avoid being punted out by infernals as you kite away from them.

FOCUS MACROS FOR BOTH BOSSES TO INTERRUPT THEIR CASTS AND SEE THEIR CAST BARS. GET DBM MAGE TOWER TO KEEP TRACK OF THEIR CASTS.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-02-16 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Um, the DPS challenge for WW is a joke. It's the easiest of the DPS challenges. It's all about interrupting his chasobolt every time and destroying the stun totem. That's it.
    Agata is way more easier. But fel totem in 930 IL also isn't a challenge.

Guys should try the tank quest.