Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I've mentioned this in a few other threads over the past several months, but I feel now that the reveal is tomorrow, it's worth reiterating and potentially starting some more speculative discussion about it. We need to talk about boats.

From a confirmed internal source I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that 8.0 is going to introduce a lot of water-centric content. We are going to spend a great deal of time on boats. These will not just be for travel: both PvE and PvP combat will take place on your boat (and/or maybe between players on multiple boats?) It is not clear if everyone will always exclusively man their own boat or if parties can share a boat or what, but - trust me, as ridiculous as this may sound - this expac is going to be very heavy on open water content with boats as your primary mode of personal transport.

There is also new engine tech to make the surface of the water more interesting, including physical waves. I do not know if or how this will be relevant to gameplay in any way beyond aesthetics, but I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

I wish I could tell you more, but mostly I'm interested in other peoples' ideas of how this could possibly make for a good expac. My initial reaction upon learning about it was basically, "oh god that sounds terrible," but I've been reassured that there's lots of good stuff here.

Thoughts?
    False, all of it.
    They don't have the water physics tech (can't be supported by current engine, would be too demanding).
    They won't do too much water related content (Vashj'Ir flasbacks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

You'll have to excuse me for thinking your source is not as good as my source.
    what is your profile picture

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    False, all of it.
    They don't have the water physics tech (can't be supported by current engine, would be too demanding).
    They won't do too much water related content (Vashj'Ir flasbacks).
    I'm really going to enjoy the reactions tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    Spooked ya.

yeah please stop that shit is terrifying

We can probably assume the next Xpack is going to be like 3-4 large zones separated by water that we boat across. Argus is probably a prototype of this

Deleted
    Its so bad that it could have been real.

But my cat confirmed that its fake.

Thoughts?
    Well you are at least brave enough to not post your fake leak crap on a throwaway account like everyone else.

can you fish off the deck? that would be nice.

Deleted
    From a confirmed internal source?
    It's not a confirmed source if you can't link the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Well, I love boats, so if they could actually pull it off like black flag or archeage (they have pretty good mechanics) then it should be alot of fun.
    Oh hell yeah It'd be awesome if they could pull it off like black flag, that pirate simulator was awesome.

Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Art by draken4o

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if we are getting our own boat/ship i want to be able to name and customize it and my crew.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    I do. I fucking LOVE boats

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Cool I didn't know you worked for blizzard and knew what was being revealed tomorrow. Thanks bro.
    Amen. Anyone who says something WILL happen at Blizzcon is full of it. We think it's likely but none of us is sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.
    Best comment of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    Eh... Spoo-ghett!

It is not clear if everyone will always exclusively man their own boat or if parties can share a boat or what, but - trust me, as ridiculous as this may sound - this expac is going to be very heavy on open water content with boats as your primary mode of personal transport.
    I think it sounds terrible too. It sounds like a shittier version of garrison + Vindicaar, a mobile garrison on the sea. Where is the player interaction in that?

...starting some more speculative discussion about it...

...From a confirmed internal source...

...It is not clear if everyone will always exclusively man their own boat or if parties can share a boat or what, but...
    Not speculative if it's confirmed from an internal source + if you have an internal source that's given you info why is it not clear about who's manning what boats?

At last a speculation thread primarily rather than just a "confirmed leak" nonsense thread!

I would LOVE a change of pace like boats.

We know Blizzard now has the technology to keep your positioning inside a certain environment element while at the same time moving the environment itself around the board... the Vindicaar does EXACTLY this. (You can be in the same Vindicaar with people in three different positions in Argus.)

We know Blizzard would need a different way to use water elements in the game without bringing people back to the complaints over Vashj'ir (although personally I *LOVE* Vashj'ir and I don't get the hatred for it, especially after you get the seahorse.)

And we ALL know Blizzard knows there has been a hunger for a South Seas expansion for a decade. (I was there at Blizzcon when Metzen mentioned the South Seas expansion as something he knew people wanted... of course, that was also a year without any news, it was the "Geek Is" event.)

I think this would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.8/10 too much water