Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Gets terribly hard-countered by Kerrigans, Butchers, Illidans et al. but so much fun into the far too common three ranged assassin comps. A thinking man's Chromie.

Sadly still has movement issues both with Q and with trait, that hopefully are considred bugs and get eventually fixed.

I think they've perfectly captured his character from Overwatch. A high skillcap, low impact hero who attracts scrubs like a magnet and consequently is a burden on his team 9 times out of 10. Well done, Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think they've perfectly captured his character from Overwatch. A high skillcap, low impact hero who attracts scrubs like a magnet and consequently is a burden on his team 9 times out of 10. Well done, Blizzard.

Yeah I went from level 8 Hanzo to 15 in about a day playing him. I'm actually having a lot of fun.

I do think he's going to get nerfed, at least in the waveclear category. But his ultimates are fine (I do not like Dragonstrike, it's just... ugh.)
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Yeah, that's QM. He does lots of hard-to-avoid trickle damage, that mostly gets negated by sustain healers like Stukov, Lucio, BW. The reddit whining about him is completely over the top. Last I checked, no build without 'Sharpened Arrowheads' (lv 7) even scratched the 50% mark. But that talent has to go.

I think, Dragonstrike is situational, possibly the low Elo choice, but underrated. If your ETC gets a nice mosh, one Dragonstrike kills everybody in it but full health tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    I think, Dragonstrike is situational, possibly the low Elo choice, but underrated. If your ETC gets a nice mosh, one Dragonstrike kills everybody in it but full health tanks.
    I love getting giant def matrix for these cases. And laugh maniacally while enemy combat deals so low damage that lucio can passively outheal it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    A fully taken Dragonstrike does not even kill a Valla from full health. It leaves her @~35-40%. And that's counting the 50% damage buff from taking it all while standing in the centre.

Check Blizz's own video @ 2:10.

Dragonstrike is severely underpowered in HoTs. It needs to be global, almost double in width and deal double the damage to be considered an okay ultimate to take. It's currently in Rain of Fire level of viability category. Nevertheless, I always pick it for the quote.
    Last edited by Well; 2018-01-18 at 01:40 PM.

I dont like the Legolas look on this hero. I dont play Overwatch so it was a new appearance to me. I only played him, because he was on the free to play roatation last week. Surprisingly i quiet liked it.

In some way i figure he moves strange. I dont have a problem with any other hero. But somehow playing Hanzo feels like steering a bad programmed racing game. I really dont know what it is, but i have this problem just with this hero.

The scatter shot feels pretty powerful, with all the strange edges on the map, sometimes the aiming can be quiet difficult.

I like the talent where he moves faster up to 30% when hitting enemies with "Q". With the slow autoattacks and no real boost to movement ppl can just walk away from you

Deleted
    We need some valiant Assassine to slay both Shimada brothers. They dominate the Nexus far too much (and no, valeera dies against everything else so useless)

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    In some way i figure he moves strange. I dont have a problem with any other hero. But somehow playing Hanzo feels like steering a bad programmed racing game. I really dont know what it is, but i have this problem just with this hero.
    His movement is bugged with Quick Cast "Off"; while Stormbow is not on CD, his movement is totally fucked up. If you have Quick Cast "On Release" or "On" this bug is not present. Which annoys me because Off is my preferred playstyle in general, not to mention you can't cancel with On Release and Scatter is utterly stupid to use with straight-up On. But I can't stand the broken movement so I have no choice but to go with On Release. Still hoping they would fix the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    His movement is bugged with Quick Cast "Off"; while Stormbow is not on CD, his movement is totally fucked up. If you have Quick Cast "On Release" or "On" this bug is not present. Which annoys me because Off is my preferred playstyle in general, not to mention you can't cancel with On Release and Scatter is utterly stupid to use with straight-up On. But I can't stand the broken movement so I have no choice but to go with On Release. Still hoping they would fix the damn thing.
    This would explain why I never noticed anything wrong with Hanzo's movement, lmao.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I think he si funny but iam totally bad with him. He is my worst hero.

H A N Z O . M A i N . S P O T T E D .

Got around to playing him (I get everyone to at least level 5), I thought I was doing horribly but still took out top damage. In QM, so meaningless, but still.

I think the fact that you can look good on the meter while doing fairly inconsequential damage only amplifies his whole scrub magnet problem.

Still, I feel like if anything he needs a damage buff. Dragonstrike is laughable, especially considering it's his iconic OW ability. At least make it either bigger or faster, it's small, slow AND does about as much damage as a gentle fart.

About the most useful thing I managed to do is use the stun arrow to interrupt Lili's ultimate...

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I do think he's going to get nerfed, at least in the waveclear category.
    What about the waveclear requires a nerf? The instant kill autoshot talent? Even with that clearing a whole wave is fairly time consuming. Or am I playing him completely wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

This would explain why I never noticed anything wrong with Hanzo's movement, lmao.
    I dunno, I have Quick Cast on and I feel like he moves like a shopping trolley with a broken wheel.

But that's because you're using the mouse to move and aim the Q on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What about the waveclear requires a nerf? The instant kill autoshot talent? Even with that clearing a whole wave is fairly time consuming. Or am I playing him completely wrong?
    Explosive Arrows makes for strong waveclear, esp with the piercing Q talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Oh you actually waveclear with the Q? Hmm might try that build.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    He can obliterate huge waves faster than a Sylvanas with Fury of the Storm.

Yesterday i played again 2 games and when i as an example try to escape and run away from enemies, i always feel like he stops to early. I have a level of 500+ and i dont have this problem with any other char. I cant remember once, when i was screamin through the headset "omg wtf move, why you are stopping" with any other hero

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Yesterday i played again 2 games and when i as an example try to escape and run away from enemies, i always feel like he stops to early. I have a level of 500+ and i dont have this problem with any other char. I cant remember once, when i was screamin through the headset "omg wtf move, why you are stopping" with any other hero
    It doesn't do it if you have Q set to quick cast or quick cast on release. The guy you were responding to said he always plays with those settings, which is why he never noticed anything wrong with Hanzo's movement.

Deleted
    This guy has an insane skill ceiling. When Pros play Greymane, Guldan or Tracer, that all looks good to me. The Hanzo play both from Leftovers yesterday and from Tricked today looked maybe not terrible, but deeply flawed. Positioning, way too seldomly hitting their Ws, there was so much room for improvement, it's scary.