Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Her balls aren't buffs/debuffs. They are outright attacks. The shadow one bounces around and deals damage, and looks like the light one heals all nearby allies.

Also when is the last time you have seen Zenyatta do a Shinku Hadoken! (because Kamehameha is so overdone :P )
    Of course the balls wouldn't be the same. That would be venturing even closer to being a Zenyatta 2.0.

Even so, I'm surprised by Blizzard they are designing heroes so similar to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Of course the balls wouldn't be the same. That would be venturing even closer to being a Zenyatta 2.0.

Even so, I'm surprised by Blizzard they are designing heroes so similar to each other.
    I added a bit to the post you quoted, I think they may have a similar theme for a reason.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'#s spelled 'OPAF' :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I added a bit to the post you quoted, I think they may have a similar theme for a reason.
    She probably will have a relationship with Zenyatta and the monks, which would certainly explain their similarities. But I'm not seeing anything about them in her bio page. Might have to wait to see if she ever gets her own cinematic or if the two of them have any interactions in game.

She probably will have a relationship with Zenyatta and the monks, which would certainly explain their similarities. But I'm not seeing anything about them in her bio page. Might have to wait to see if she ever gets her own cinematic or if the two of them have any interactions in game.
    Yeah, I'm hoping that this is the case. I think it would actually be quite interesting to see a thematic counter to Zenyatta lorewise.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

she seems to mock everyone in general. She poses like soilder, quotes hanzo and copys zens play of the game

she must really be vindictive

- - - Updated - - -

if she doesn't have a phantom of the opera skin I'm fucking done
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Phantom would be nice for halloween... but so would Ziggy Stardust...

So both healing and damage require tracking from what I'm seeing, but it's quite generous, just not like a Symm beam levels of generous.
    Primary damage seems to be lower Winston's Tesla? Not sure.

Actually damage does seem like it locks on, but it breaks often, little confusing.

Healing is pretty potent but not Mercy level.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-11-03 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's a former Blackwatch Geneticist that now works for Talon. She has absolutely nothing to do with Monks. Being a scientist, she's might be who Reaper was looking for in Oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    She's a former Blackwatch Geneticist that now works for Talon. She has absolutely nothing to do with Monks. Being a scientist, she's might be who Reaper was looking for in Oasis.
    maybe reaper thinks she can cure him? Or maybe she turned reaper into what he is now. That teleport ability seems similar to reapers lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    maybe reaper thinks she can cure him? Or maybe she turned reaper into what he is now. That teleport ability seems similar to reapers lore wise.
    There may be some connection.

She has absolutely nothing to do with Monks.
    Unless you are on the Overwatch team, you can't exactly make that assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are on the Overwatch team, you can't exactly make that assumption.
    They literally told us her background. You see in the intro her mixing the chemicals. It's science, not spiritualism. There's less speculation from me, than your "oh look, the colours and orb idea matches, must be same thing". So unless you're a member of the OW team...

They literally told us her background. You see in the intro her mixing the chemicals. It's science, not spiritualism. There's less speculation from me, than your "oh look, the colours and orb idea matches, must be same thing". So unless you're a member of the OW team...
    It's very possible that she did something like took the monk's learning on shadow and light nonsense and sought to use it for her own evil purposes... her entire life story wasn't spelled out on her bio page. Seriously... this is basic stuff here, people. Starting to wonder if I'm the only sane person in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very possible that she did something like took the monk's learning on shadow and light nonsense and sought to use it for her own evil purposes... her entire life story wasn't spelled out on her bio page. Seriously... this is basic stuff here, people. Starting to wonder if I'm the only sane person in this thread.
    You're the one leaping to hysterical conclusions based on nothing but the colours of the orbs and the stance in a piece of artwork. She's a Geneticist, she has nothing to do with Omnics, she deals with things that are alive, not robots and not robot mysticism.

What we can say is she's probably responsible for Widowmaker's condition.

You're the one leaping to hysterical conclusions based on nothing but the colours of the orbs and the stance in a piece of artwork. She's a Geneticist, she has nothing to do with Omnics, she deals with things that are alive, not robots and not robot mysticism.

Don't project. It's all speculation at this point. She was literally just revealed a few hours ago.

She's not responsible for widow maker. Widow maker happened during over watch. Moira didn't join talon til after when her funding stopped

Don't project. It's all speculation at this point. She was literally just revealed a few hours ago.
    You're the one projecting actually

She is kinda like Hel from Smite.

Random bit of info, but Moira's first appearance was in the Doomfist comic:

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's to Moira being better than Crapfest.
    Also, I can't be the only one who thinks of an olde tyme New York accent when I say 'Moira', am I?