Thread: New Hero: Moira

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    there's no "dark force" of overwatch. It's purely a color scheme. It's red if your looking at the enemy and I'm sure colors went through several before picking one.

Red, black, purple are generally considered "bad" colors in things hence why negative things are those colors. It's not some unidentified force.
    There is obviously some kind of scientific principle at play with Reaper and Moira. Since Blizzard has not quantified it for us I can call it the dark force, shadow, or pig lips if I want when I refer to it. They are obviously moving through some kind of pocket dimension of darkness when they teleport and both use it to sap life and heal themselves.

It isn't just a color scheme. The yellow energy that heals is biotic fields, the black is something that has not been quantified yet by Blizzard.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is obviously some kind of scientific principle at play with Reaper and Moira. Since Blizzard has not quantified it for us I can call it the dark force, shadow, or pig lips if I want when I refer to it. They are obviously moving through some kind of pocket dimension of darkness when they teleport and both use it to sap life and heal themselves.

It isn't just a color scheme. The yellow energy that heals is biotic fields, the black is something that has not been quantified yet by Blizzard.
    The yellow could have easily been green. Lucio heal song is yellow but he isn't using biotech like mercy. Sombra teleport is purple but tracers is blue.

Its a color scheme. There isn't some shadow force zen or reaper is using. Reaper is usually referred with black colors hence why his moves are black. Moira color scheme is purple and healing in general is yellow hence purple and yellow. Reaper moves the way he does because his genes have been altered.

There is no shadowy force of over watch.

Its colors. If you're trying to compare something like reaper and moira shift then you should be comparing it's similar functions not it's fucking color
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The yellow could have easily been green. Lucio heal song is yellow but he isn't using biotech like mercy. Sombra teleport is purple but tracers is blue.

Its a color scheme. There isn't some shadow force zen or reaper is using. Reaper is usually referred with black colors hence why his moves are black. Moira color scheme is purple and healing in general is yellow hence purple and yellow. Reaper moves the way he does because his genes have been altered.

There is no shadowy force of over watch.

Its colors. If you're trying to compare something like reaper and moira shift then you should be comparing it's similar functions not it's fucking color
    Could have easily been green? It isn't green, so you have no point. The fact that all these abilities are yellow isn't by mistake, nor is it a mistake that Anna uses Mercy's tech in her gun, biotic tech. It isn't a mistake that Anna's grenade is a biotic grenade, nor is it a mistake that soldiers healing zone is a biotic field.

Obviously Reaper gets his abilities because Moira experimented on him, theres a fucking image that exposes it, and then she applied what she found to her own weapon system.

Your just completely wrong and you can talk colors all you want but the facts are those colors were chosen by the creative teams on purpose and they all align to other characters and lore. It's no mistake that 4 characters in the game use a yellow color scheme when they heal. There is no character with green healing, and the two characters who teleport and heal themselves by doing damage are using the same color scheme as well.

So yes, obviously Moira figured out how to tap into a negative energy and how to instill that into Reaper. It's not hard to figure out.

Hell even this article states that Mercy didn't want Torbjorn weaponizing biotic tech because in the wrong hands it could be dangerous https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Biotic_rifle
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-08 at 04:02 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Could have easily been green? It isn't green, so you have no point. The fact that all these abilities are yellow isn't by mistake, nor is it a mistake that Anna uses Mercy's tech in her gun, biotic tech. It isn't a mistake that Anna's grenade is a biotic grenade, nor is it a mistake that soldiers healing zone is a biotic field.

Obviously Reaper gets his abilities because Moira experimented on him, theres a fucking image that exposes it, and then she applied what she found to her own weapon system.

Your just completely wrong and you can talk colors all you want but the facts are those colors were chosen by the creative teams on purpose and they all align to other characters and lore. It's no mistake that 4 characters in the game use a yellow color scheme when they heal. There is no character with green healing, and the two characters who teleport and heal themselves by doing damage are using the same color scheme as well.

So yes, obviously Moira figured out how to tap into a negative energy and how to instill that into Reaper. It's not hard to figure out.

Hell even this article states that Mercy didn't want Torbjorn weaponizing biotic tech because in the wrong hands it could be dangerous https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Biotic_rifle
    are you just an idiot? do you even know what we were originally talking about? We were talking about Zens orbs and Moira. No fucking duh Moira and reapers shift is the same, I even said so. We were talking about Zen having some "shadow powers" in his discord orb and it came from Moira cause they have the same colors and she mocks his play of the game clip

LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the insults and bickering.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Or they could be moving through a dimension with flowers and rainbows. Just because where they end up is shadowy doesn't mean they go through some dark dimension. We can talk about what colors historically represent but to draw conclusions only from that is childish. We can discuss what we think but lets not pretend any of it is fact
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2017-11-09 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Mmmm...now I see what doesn’t sit right with Moira....

Behold.... the healing power of GOLDEN SHOWERS!!! Golden showers for everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I mean, she's shown engaging in animal/human experimentation and doing risky/dangerous shit because she cared more about advancing science than anything else. Her origin story video EXPLICITLY states that she doesn't care about morality or ethics, just advancing her theories.

Maybe she doesn't want to kick puppies because she hates puppies, but she'll freely stick electrodes into that puppy's brain and fry it if she thinks she'll learn something useful out of the process.
    you are projecting baseless stuff . Like she's obviously the 'morally ambiguous villian" type. but so is reaper who we are pretty sure is a good guy infilitrating talon so he can take it down.

not sure where you get your thing about puppies because we know officially that that rabbit is alive.

she woudlnt be a good scientist if she went from 0-100 and killed every test subject.

we also know that her other test subject (reaper) was probably a rousing success. it was years after blackwatch was formed that it was disbanded, meaning he probably had those powers by uprising. That combined with the fact that he told ana "they left you to die and they left me to suffer" gives hope to my theory that his condition was stable due to the advanced technology of Overwatch, but with it destroyed he doesnt have the right tech and medicine to keep himself stable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Or they could be moving through a dimension with flowers and rainbows. Just because where they end up is shadowy doesn't mean they go through some dark dimension. We can talk about what colors historically represent but to draw conclusions only from that is childish. We can discuss what we think but lets not pretend any of it is fact
    also no one moves through any dimension to teleport, except tracer and sombra.

is this about Reaper and Moira's teleportation? Because obviously both turn into vapor and go wherever and then reform. any change in perspective is because its suppose to be from....the casters Perspective
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    you are projecting baseless stuff . Like she's obviously the 'morally ambiguous villian" type. but so is reaper who we are pretty sure is a good guy infilitrating talon so he can take it down.
    uh....where did this come from?

I mean, Reapers been killing ex-Overwatch agents. Why would we think he's a good guy trying to take down Talon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    uh....where did this come from?

I mean, Reapers been killing ex-Overwatch agents. Why would we think he's a good guy trying to take down Talon?
    He's just a misunderstood 90's kid!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

So is this a male of female? Looks like a crossdresser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    So is this a male of female? Looks like a crossdresser.
    He's female
    Or maybe she's male.

(But in-lore she's female)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    He's female
    Or maybe she's male.
    (But in-lore she's female)
    I quite like the design but not into the whole androgynous look.

Noooooo she didn't come out today

Maybe Thursday. I'm off Thursday so maybe blizzard is thinking of me

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yaaaasssss

Rhog literally gives 0 shits about Moira's damage.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's pretty terrible to be honest. She has to be too close to heal effectively, her CD on the wraith is too long, and her damage is laughable. This is worse than Ana when she was released.
    BAD WOLF

Hell as roadhog when I see a damage orb I belly flop on it to keep it from either killing my squishies or making it share damage with me and the squishie, keeping us both alive. It barely tickles Roadhog, and Roadhog pretty much one shots her with hook/left/melee. She better stay behind a shield is all I can say.