Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cinematic Short: Reinhardt's

Battle for Eichenwalde

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-11-03 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very awesome, his hair was amazing. Also confirmation Bridgette is Torb's daughter. Now want more Bridgette...

GIVE ME THAT REINHARTD SKIN THIS INSTANT

also this cinemtaic was waaaaaay better than mei's

Just lost an eye.

Don't give af.

And Rein was a classic Reintard when he was younger. Charging alone leaving your teammates without shield!
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    And Rein was a classic Reintard when he was younger. Charging alone leaving your teammates without shield!
    I love that this cinematic showed that he had to learn his lesson the hard way. That the loss of his mentor also meant the death of young Reinhardt, causing him to be reborn as the honorable protector we all know and love.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Was nice but I'm hoping blizzard will start moving the story forward rather than making a cinematic for everyone's past. I really want to see when mei reunites with Winston and the rest
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing that I still think the most touching of the videos is Bastion lol. This felt a little bit too emotionally forced. It was still good. And still touching. and as a Rein main I was happy with it. Not their best but I appreciate the hard work
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Reinhardt: Don't worry my friends. I will be your shield.

He had to learn this lesson the hard way......

I LOVED this cinematic! SO MUCH! Keep it coming please!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    GIVE ME THAT REINHARTD SKIN THIS INSTANT

also this cinemtaic was waaaaaay better than mei's
    They just announced the cinematic skin <(^_^)> Got your wish buddy

And all these new skins will be in the base lootbox

I had chills with this one. Not sure how his eye doesn't seem to hurt one bit, but still...
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

Meh, wasn't really that impressive.

I really enjoyed this cinematic. The arc was pretty cliché, but the final cutback to the aged, battle-scarred Reinhardt really pulled it together. He used to live for glory and the thrill of combat. War was a game to him. A dangerous game, but a game nonetheless. And when finally confronted with the consequences of his own recklessness, he is supremely humbled. Reinhardt's surrounding lore sometimes mentions how he thinks of himself as a knight of a bygone age. His cinematic is a great portrayal of his transformation, from a boy who thought knighthood was all about glory to a man who understands it is about duty and sacrifice. "Live with honor. Die with glory." Honor is the burden of the living, shown through his heroic rescue of his team. And glory is the prize of the dead, shown through the enthroned corpse of his doomed mentor. When we cut back to the present and see the grizzled old man, his answer reveals how much he has changed from the young man we met just minutes ago. When Brigitte questions him, Reinhardt's reply does not surprise us. He speaks with a simple, somber weight that we recognize, yet we understand him far better than we did before. Gone is the selfish boy who only dreamt of glory. The years have distilled him into a man who lives by simple truths, who no longer lives for himself but as a shield for others. With a character like Reinhardt it would have been easy to just give us an "epic" cinematic filled with courage and fury. Instead Blizzard gave him a delicate, heartfelt ending, and I feel more connected to the character after watching it. Why must he go? "I have been called. I must answer."

I think my favorite of the Overwatch shorts will always be Bastion, but I really enjoyed this one. Though it was very predictable, I thought the action was fun, the animations were stunning, and the voice acting was poignant. Blizzard hasn't forgotten how to tell a good story. Every time a new one of these shorts comes out I fall in love with the world of Overwatch all over again, and this one was no exception.
    Last edited by Legimus; 2017-11-04 at 03:48 AM.

I really enjoyed this cinematic. The arc was pretty cliché, but the final cutback to the aged, battle-scarred Reinhardt really pulled it together. He used to live for glory and the thrill of combat. War was a game to him. A dangerous game, but a game nonetheless. And when finally confronted with the consequences of his own recklessness, he is supremely humbled. Reinhardt's surrounding lore sometimes mentions how he thinks of himself as a knight of a bygone age. His cinematic is a great portrayal of his transformation, from a boy who thought knighthood was all about glory to a man who understands it is about duty and sacrifice. "Live with honor. Die with glory." Honor is the burden of the living, shown through his heroic rescue of his team. And glory is the prize of the dead, shown through the enthroned corpse of his doomed mentor. When we cut back to the present and see the grizzled old man, his answer reveals how much he has changed from the young man we met just minutes ago. When Brigitte questions him, Reinhardt's reply does not surprise us. He speaks with a simple, somber weight that we recognize, yet we understand him far better than we did before. Gone is the selfish boy who only dreamt of glory. The years have distilled him into a man who lives by simple truths, who no longer lives for himself but as a shield for others. With a character like Reinhardt it would have been easy to just give us an "epic" cinematic filled with courage and fury. Instead Blizzard gave him a delicate, heartfelt ending, and I feel more connected to the character after watching it. It felt even more meaningful when I realized he was repeating exactly what his mentor had once said to him. Why must he go? "I have been called. I must answer."

I think my favorite of the Overwatch shorts will always be Bastion, but I really enjoyed this one. Though it was very predictable, I thought the action was fun, the animations were stunning, and the voice acting was poignant. Blizzard hasn't forgotten how to tell a good story. Every time a new one of these shorts comes out I fall in love with the world of Overwatch all over again, and this one was no exception.

Was a great cinematic IMO. Also makes me want to dual wield those giant maces now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I had chills with this one. Not sure how his eye doesn't seem to hurt one bit, but still...
    Adrenalin. People run marathons with broken legs under the right circumstances and i think a war will push you quite a bit.

Also AWESOME! I played a few FFA's as Reinhardt just because the cinematic was so epic.

cool to know it wasn't rein who was invited to overwatch in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    They just announced the cinematic skin <(^_^)> Got your wish buddy
    nice!

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    cool to know it wasn't rein who was invited to overwatch in the first place

nice!
    Makes sense, really. They wanted the best of the best, and who better than the leader of the Crusaders?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Was a great cinematic IMO. Also makes me want to dual wield those giant maces now.
    Let's change Rein's ultimate to dual-wielding instead of the current one
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold