Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Remove divine steed and give us a real speed ability.

Quote Originally Posted by GSN View Post
    Remove divine steed and give us a real speed ability.
    I wouldn't mind Divine Steed if they buffed it to be like if you took all 3 of the Prot PvE and PvP talents for it, then it'd be beastly. 20 second, 2 charge spell with a 5 second duration and removes all freedom inhibiting debuffs, as well as reduces your damage taken by 20%. Prot really can buff the hell out of Divine Steed lol.

Deleted
    for what were told as it stands blizz arnt doing any major changes to classes just tweeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    for what were told as it stands blizz arnt doing any major changes to classes just tweeks
    They're not doing sweeping class changes like in legion, meaning that the classes that Blizzard is happy with wont see much change.

So Ret could still see a major rework if Blizzard thinks it is in need of a rework

(wich it does)
    Last edited by Demsi; 2017-11-11 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    They're not doing sweeping class changes like in legion, meaning that the classes that Blizzard is happy with wont see much change.

So Ret could still see a major rework if Blizzard thinks it is in need of a rework

(wich it does)
    I'm a pessimist so I'm not gonna hold my breath for any major rework.

Personaly I'll only main my pala again when the abomination know as holy power is Finaly removed from ret.

Holy power was an absolute cop out/ copy paste of combo points in the effort to add in complexity that they have since dumbed down any way. And on top which should have been through our seals and aura system not some rouge lite crap urrrrg.

Ahh well it's been years since I mailed my pala so I'm long past hoping

Hopes, fantasies, really?

Didn't 3-gbok fantasy teach you anything? Didn't Equalolity teach you anything? Didn't the whole ret pvp tree and pvp toolkit teach you anything?

Expect the worst. It's the only way not to get disappointed.

Emperor condemns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    I'm a pessimist so I'm not gonna hold my breath for any major rework.

Personaly I'll only main my pala again when the abomination know as holy power is Finaly removed from ret.

Holy power was an absolute cop out/ copy paste of combo points in the effort to add in complexity that they have since dumbed down any way. And on top which should have been through our seals and aura system not some rouge lite crap urrrrg.

Ahh well it's been years since I mailed my pala so I'm long past hoping
    Yeah, Blizzard is very persistent, and they seem to think Ret is fine.

so i'm not really anticipating much, i might be wrong tho. Please let me be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    So we have a taste of what's to come in 8.0 at a very general scale.

I'm excited at the prospect of Lightforged Draenei... I might race-change my drwarf pally to this new sub-race.

What all Paladin specific changes do you want to see in the next xpac?

I wonder if we'll somehow get to imbue ourselves with the Wake of Ashes spell (and other artifact spells) as we discard our artifacts so that we can continue to use that ability?

But the one thing I think I want most of all... is a 4th spec option for Shockadin. A holy damage ranged caster with high survivability (using a 1h/shield) so likely no or very little mobility. Just give it to us already. There have been Shockadins since Vanilla... make it official already.
    just give me a heal that is not friging based off a percentage of the health I am missing and I will be a shit ton happier.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Celebhil View Post
    I'd rather us not have our mechanics diverge from a copy of arms to being a copy of shadow priests, besides would you rather have avenging wrath or lose that in exchange for this "crusade" mechanic.
    You mean from a copy of rogues (Inquisition/Holy Power=Slice and Dice/Combo points) into a copy of Arms into a copy of Shadow priest?

Yeah, I'd rather something unique than feeling like a mish mosh of other DPS because they couldn't figure something out.

moving away from the sickeningly boring colossus smash gameplay would be my greatest fantasy.

but sadly, i doubt that will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    That they don't forget Holy never got an animation update.

^ I hope they give Holy a really awesome animation update. I could see them forgetting Holy amidst the warlock animation spam but I hope they don’t.

I hope ret finally gets something that defines it. By that I mean a mechanic system, not just one ability. I don’t mind if they pull stuff from other classes but the majority should be a defining factor for ret by being unique. I don’t really want to see the colossus smash judgement mechanic going into BfA, it’s way too similar to arms warriors. If they can’t give us something unique that way then I’d like to see a return of our defining abilities like HoW, exo, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to have Hammer of Wrath back. Maybe something like it costs 3 HP to use but hits 2x-3x harder than TV and scales off mastery(if the colossus judgement shtick hangs around). Would be crazy burst during wings if it still worked during it but also would make sub-20% fights delicious in PvE and make enemies panic in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    For ret
    Think they said they gonna move back to raid buffs so i do hope rets get the spotlight they deserve and not some lucklaster shit that prot and holy can probably do better .
    Could i care less about wake of ashes ? Only thing that i am going to miss from it was the clunky stun in m+ although i dont know how this is going to work in the next expansion given the lore of it. Anyways baseline to keep everyone happy would be reasonable. Major talent rework plz. Give some more baseline spells (conc, HoW, more blessings and auras, defensives). Utilize mana for raid cds, offhealing, speed. (aka make it so the players choices matter, using a raid wide cd will drain the mana for x amount of time and will move like a slowed snail or will not be able to offheal etc. Using a speed boost will drain the mana in y rate and will not allow him to use offhealz or raid cd or BoP or w/e . They can tune it appropriately so they can interact in a way that it makes sense).

Deleted
    i hope holy paladins will be back with a 1h/shield. Or atleast u can decide if you want to play a 2h healpaladin or a 1h/shield healpaladin.

i miss my 1h/shield so much

Can you guys elaborate on wake replacing Holy Wrath? Is Crusade still around? That kinda sucks if we have to choose.

Crusade was still around in the demo. Whether you will still actually want to spec into it without the extended wings duration from Ashbringer, however...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Can you guys elaborate on wake replacing Holy Wrath? Is Crusade still around? That kinda sucks if we have to choose.
    As I understand Crusade will be shit without 5 points in the duration trait.
    Ashes will also be crap compared Divine Purpose as it will probably give you more than 2 procs during Ashes' cooldown.

Shame really. I liked Ashes. But you will be an Arms paladin with less interesting choices than now.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting here wondering what exactly they're going to cut from Ret or make worse. I remember thinking this in the beta that for how bad things were, they would inevitably take away some of the workarounds and useful things, such as they were, and they did. The guessing game isn't if they're going to 'fix' Ret, it's find what they're going to take away. Oh sure it'll be okay DPS and workable in PVE, it was in Legion, I have no doubts on that...but I'm waiting to see just what more they can take away to make it awkward to play or somehow bad.

My money is on the 'judgement spread' from the last Ashbringer golden. I think that's something they will drop if they keep the judgement smash mechanic. That is just off the top of my head something that is a a workaround and must thus be pruned. Crusade I see being removed or massively changed at a later date because again, it's something useful. Not sure what else they might take from Ret but I'm sure they'll add a little bit of shit that's useful in the beta and then take it out because of the unspoken design principle of Fuck Ret.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

^if anything, entire tree needs rework.

Curious as to Final Verdict due to Lightforged draenei racial.