Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    As I understand Crusade will be shit without 5 points in the duration trait.
    Ashes will also be crap compared Divine Purpose as it will probably give you more than 2 procs during Ashes' cooldown.

Shame really. I liked Ashes. But you will be an Arms paladin with less interesting choices than now.
    Wake of Ashes won't be a talent. It'll be a baseline ability. They just had to replace Holy Wrath with something to make sure people know Holy Wrath is gone.

Avenging crusader should be pve aviable and tuned to not be a Coldown but a constant ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Wake of Ashes won't be a talent. It'll be a baseline ability. They just had to replace Holy Wrath with something to make sure people know Holy Wrath is gone.
    In their (in)finite wisdom they might do the exact opposite and make Holy Fart baseline.
    I can already see justification for that: to make paladins more threatening in melee.
    This could also double as a reason for fine tuning of our damage in pvp.
    And triple as a reason for 45 sec cd on hof.
    Because massive melee threat.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-11-14 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Wagakki Band_-_Homura

What if the Judgment window was made into a short burst CD. Perhaps give judgment a 30 sec CD with the same duration and then just buff all of our damage accordingly. This way Blizzard keeps their colossal smash hard on for ret and the judgment window feels like less like a chore for players and more of a fun window of opportunity. Maybe make a pvp talent that when casting judgement the paladin gets a speed boost or is immune to slows.

Make consecration baseline and anyone caught in it gets the debuff in addition to the main target.
    Last edited by Varx; 2017-11-14 at 11:28 PM.

Holy wrath baseline would be shit, paladins would start standing in fire just to get it's procs, kinda like Shield of Vengance is. The passive "Retribution" is also great, but, PARTY ON once someone dies, gives a lot of room for cheesing DPS.

Since when mechanic being shit deterred them from implementing it for Ret?

Arienai, as they say, mono wa arienai.

Deleted
    I gave up getting something fancy in terms of pvp, but if I could... I'd want a ret charge like our champion Arathor has and maybe Death/Divine grip DKs have... That would make us more viable in terms of pvp, not OP but we really need something special for RBGs...
    Also Night Elf paladins, god damnit please, we already have two NE champions!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    ROFL

You think PALADINS will get development

YOu think another spec is warrented?

It's been 14 years and the still havnt even given Retribution Paladins more than an after thought of development.

I'll tell you how Paladin feedback will go in beta

hundreds of pages of feedback ignored and a failed design goes live that was "unforseen consequences" by the developers that was posted countless times during beta.

Just like the last 14 years every single time
    THIS,
    it is the same every expansion... "the expansion will save us, it will fix our problems" jk, we are always ONE or TWO expansions behind everyone else. it is just stupid and naive to think this will change. regardles of this, I'lll always keep playing my paladin. started in beta, will never leave it.

Spice up Holy - It's a totally boring spec.

I for one loved the experience of getting dazed off a ground mount, hitting divine steed immediately and then continuing to move at dazed speed for the entire duration of my "sprint."

Deleted
    main a paladin for 10 years..all specs..most holy...during that time my dreams where crushed my hopes lost and i dont expect anything... Light, grant me one final blessing...(Give me the strength... To shatter these devs) as for the wish... game needs a new range dps spec...delete retri...make a new range dps from retris ashes..

Some more thaughts on Holy...

- go back to shield + mace style
    - let me throw my mace at a target 'Thor style' and let it do something fancy, e.g. radiate damage and healing like 'Zen Pulse'
    - let me ram my shield into the ground for a short temporal shield effect around me absobing X damage over time
    - let Consecration heal over time players (for a moderate amount) standing inside
    - make auras more meaningful again
    - make Tyr's Deliverance baseline with a shorter cooldown and without the healing bonus

I would just like my speed back. Playing ret this xpac has been so sluggish, and pointlessly so.

How about change ret mastery to divine purpose while also increasing the duration of wings, so the more mastery the more procs and longer wings.

Make judgement Increase crit of tv by 100% and give it a 30 sec cd and replace DP with a talent that reduces the CD of wings for every casted tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Some more thaughts on Holy...

- go back to shield + mace style
    - let me throw my mace at a target 'Thor style' and let it do something fancy, e.g. radiate damage and healing like 'Zen Pulse'
    - let me ram my shield into the ground for a short temporal shield effect around me absobing X damage over time
    - let Consecration heal over time players (for a moderate amount) standing inside
    - make auras more meaningful again
    - make Tyr's Deliverance baseline with a shorter cooldown and without the healing bonus
    We have the first one. It’s called lights hammer. It’s exactly what you described.

Auras are extremely meaningful. All 3 are viable in raids/pve and work well in different situations. They also work well in the same situations at times so you get to make a choice. They did auras very well.

Everything else is something prot has. Healing consecrate, creating a temporal shield to guard your team, etc. Both of those things belong to prot.

Healing cons would be cool for Holy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    How about change ret mastery to divine purpose
    I bielive ret mastery used to work that way in early cata

Deleted
    Probably an unpopular opinion but can't we just go back to the ret that was in wrath? sure it was brain dead but, as of right now its still brain dead and its way less fun then the wrath irritation.
    fyi i'm just a salty fuck that hates the HP system as it is currently.
    Last edited by mmoc13979e51bd; 2017-11-24 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
    I bielive ret mastery used to work that way in early cata
    Ask anyone that played the initial push in that tier before the mastery got changed to Hand of Light - it was much, much worse than the current iteration. Leveling from 84-85 might've been the least fun I've ever had playing Ret.

I can confirm it was fething awful.

OMG hell yeah it was terrible. However, back then it was baseline 15% and CS was the only HP generator. Now we have a more fluid way of generating HP, especially if they decide to make BoJ give 3. That being said, our mastery with 25% base chance for DP with an added increase duration to wings would be pretty nice, kinda similar to the enh mastery.

Then also get rid of the judgment window as a part of our base rotation so that it doesn't feel shitty to switch targets. Making judgment a 30 sec cd that always crits with an added debuff that increases the crit chance for TV by 100% for your target would serve as both a fun cd and a possible way to open up a crit build. Maybe redo the greater judgement talent to double the duration and also effect your other abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be this way:

- During Alpha/Beta, we are op as fuck.
    - Emergency nerfs right before expansion start
    - Boring gameplay
    - Doing underwhelming shit
    - Get small buff which doesn't solve any problems, just to keep ret from last spot in sims/logs

/repeat on next exp.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ