Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    finally got some raid azerite pieces and I have no idea if I should take Archive of the Titans
    the other options there are seizmic wave and lord of war, bloodmallet has them both higher that +0 Archive of the Titans but I think I have 3 stacks by now so that should make it better inside Uldir right?
    am i nerfing myself too hard for m+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    finally got some raid azerite pieces and I have no idea if I should take Archive of the Titans
    the other options there are seizmic wave and lord of war, bloodmallet has them both higher that +0 Archive of the Titans but I think I have 3 stacks by now so that should make it better inside Uldir right?
    am i nerfing myself too hard for m+
    Sim your gear, it's hard to tell you what to use without looking at the rest of your azerite pieces and other gear. We're at 4 stacks of Array after the reset the other day so you should have at least one Uldir trait (Archive/Laser Matrix) active during the raid. LoW is probably the safest bet for M+ assuming it's at the same item level. Again though, sim to be sure. Raidbots has options for both Array sims and non-Array sims.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-09-26 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

15+ Year Old Account
    So i have a sim question for Arms, im not the most experienced simmer but ive simmed my character Realisthavoc-Barthilas and its saying that mastery is worth only 0.20 for me and crit is my best stat at like 1.84. Have i done something wrong? or do i just have too much mastery? some other issue?

Thanks for any help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    So i have a sim question for Arms, im not the most experienced simmer but ive simmed my character Realisthavoc-Barthilas and its saying that mastery is worth only 0.20 for me and crit is my best stat at like 1.84. Have i done something wrong? or do i just have too much mastery? some other issue?

Thanks for any help
    Mastery being the lowest stat generally isn't that uncommon on ST. With that being said, Mastery being worth 0.20 DPS doesn't sound right to me at all, not sure where you're getting that information from. Did you sim with the correct settings?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you using a local version of simc? In that case it may be outdated when mastery actually was absolute shit.

Deleted
    I also have mastery at 0.26. Thought this was common, how do i know if i have a local version? I run 801-01

So, at what gear level is Sudden Death becoming the go-to on ST? Not this patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So, at what gear level is Sudden Death becoming the go-to on ST? Not this patch?
    It doesn't proc enough/ rage gain from skullsplitter is to good. Maybe if they buff executioners precision.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    Are you using a local version of simc? In that case it may be outdated when mastery actually was absolute shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Mastery being the lowest stat generally isn't that uncommon on ST. With that being said, Mastery being worth 0.20 DPS doesn't sound right to me at all, not sure where you're getting that information from. Did you sim with the correct settings?
    Thanks for the replies, im pretty sure i did the sim correctly, it may be that its out of date, going to try update it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    Thanks for the replies, im pretty sure i did the sim correctly, it may be that its out of date, going to try update it.
    Just use raidbots .com you can sim everything with a nightly sim version. these are always updated. no reason to have a local version. I simmed for you using stat weights:

Weapon DPS: 9.75
    Critical Strike: 1.78
    Strength: 1.71
    Haste: 1.63
    Versatility: 1.49
    Mastery: 1.48

* 1 point of Weapon DPS will increase your DPS by 9.75

Hello Warrior Masterminds!

I returnd to WoW as Arms Warrior and i read the Icy Veins guide, but after few days of playing i have 2 questions:

1.) The Guide says MS has a higher Priority than OP, but OP buffs MS, so isnt it better to do OP before MS?

I open with charge , then do OP and then MS, or should i do MS and then OP?

2.) Excute Time, should i use OP if i had enough rage for Excute?

Thx for answer and sry for my bad english!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrasin View Post
    Hello Warrior Masterminds!

I returnd to WoW as Arms Warrior and i read the Icy Veins guide, but after few days of playing i have 2 questions:

1.) The Guide says MS has a higher Priority than OP, but OP buffs MS, so isnt it better to do OP before MS?

I open with charge , then do OP and then MS, or should i do MS and then OP?

2.) Excute Time, should i use OP if i had enough rage for Excute?

Thx for answer and sry for my bad english!
    Honestly using OP before MS nets about the same DPS, and it can give a bit more with good play. There's various conditions that could make it better than using MS on cooldown, but using MS regardless of whether OP is up or not is also just more simple and provides about the same DPS.

During Execute, you do generally want to use OP over Execute. Execute used at higher rage will deal more damage and return you more rage compared to Execute used at a lower number of rage.

Deleted
    How often is Icy Veins updated?

In regards to Executioner's Precision it says to only use MS during execute phase when you have 2 stacks of OP & either Dreadnaught talented or 2 stacks of EP.

I asked about this in the Warrior Discord and the answers implied that the above was before EP was buffed and that I should use MS during execute when I have 2 EP's, regardless of OP stacks. Is this true and is there a more up to date site than IV? I'm unsure where to get my info if that site is out of date.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-10-17 at 11:05 AM.

You can look at the changelog dates on icy-veins to see when it was updated last, but yes, the information there is before EP was buffed. Right now, if you have 2 stacks of EP, you'll MS regardless of OP stacks; the only exception is if OP is off cd and available, in which case you'll OP and then MS.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

10+ Year Old Account
    Should you only use EP azerite pieces with Sudden Death, or still use them without the talent? Because I can take either Crushing Assault which isn't very good, or EP, but not sure if I should swap talent or not.

Stupid question, but here goes anyways. During Execute phase as arms do I spam Execute ever cd no matter what my rage is at?

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    How often is Icy Veins updated?

In regards to Executioner's Precision it says to only use MS during execute phase when you have 2 stacks of OP & either Dreadnaught talented or 2 stacks of EP.

I asked about this in the Warrior Discord and the answers implied that the above was before EP was buffed and that I should use MS during execute when I have 2 EP's, regardless of OP stacks. Is this true and is there a more up to date site than IV? I'm unsure where to get my info if that site is out of date.

Thanks.
    Actually it's correct and up to date, that was in fact changed for the new EP. So its only better to use MS if you have 2 stacks OP and 2 stacks of EP. It used to be that you'd only use EP if you had BOTH EP and Dreadnought. People are just confused since it wasn't changed very much.

Quote Originally Posted by TDevine View Post
    Stupid question, but here goes anyways. During Execute phase as arms do I spam Execute ever cd no matter what my rage is at?
    I mean I don't I try to use op and fill any rage cost free global I can so as to always have what 40 rage for Max damage execute. Could be the totally wrong way but I want it to hot at hard as it can. So it can do half the damage of a rets TV crit.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    Actually it's correct and up to date, that was in fact changed for the new EP. So its only better to use MS if you have 2 stacks OP and 2 stacks of EP. It used to be that you'd only use EP if you had BOTH EP and Dreadnought. People are just confused since it wasn't changed very much.
    How do you know it's not still to be updated?