Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Someone it's alpha give me the rundown, is Arms going to be better? Legion Arms is the worst (yes I don't have correct legendaries, and you shouldn't need them to play a spec). Can we actually hit things without being rage starved at some point?
    Not to be rude but like spend four seconds reading the post I made above yours. I literally give a run down of the alpha. And again it should be taken with a grain of salt because we're missing Azerite armor abilities that will modify specs.

Also you not having the correct legendaries doesn't make arms a bad spec. It makes the legendary system a punishing one, but nothing to do with the spec itself. Plenty of players with correct gear have minimal downtime with correct play.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Not to be rude but like spend four seconds reading the post I made above yours. I literally give a run down of the alpha. And again it should be taken with a grain of salt because we're missing Azerite armor abilities that will modify specs.

Also you not having the correct legendaries doesn't make arms a bad spec. It makes the legendary system a punishing one, but nothing to do with the spec itself. Plenty of players with correct gear have minimal downtime with correct play.
    Can't do that there are way too many pages in this thread to go over !

BTW thanks for the rundown ! Keep us posted
    Last edited by Recom; 2018-02-10 at 04:16 PM.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this but they might be changing the arms mastery again.

"Specialization (1)
    Mastery: Opportunity Strikes Your melee attacks have up to a 8.0% chance, based on the target's missing health, to trigger an extra attack that deals 100%0% Physical damage and generates 5 Rage."

Quote Originally Posted by MissingNo View Post
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but they might be changing the arms mastery again.

"Specialization (1)
    Mastery: Opportunity Strikes Your melee attacks have up to a 8.0% chance, based on the target's missing health, to trigger an extra attack that deals 100%0% Physical damage and generates 5 Rage."

Arms as a whole needs a massive pass in BfA. Last I played, Prot had an advantange on Arms in Rage generation, damage and survivability.

Prot alse had it hard with the combined Rage from Intercept and Shield Slam being 30 and Shield Block costing 35 - _-

Deleted

"Specialization (1)
    This would make more sense than Deep Wounds as a Mastery. As soon as this Patch is going live I will check it.

I like changes to Arms, but I feel like its gonna be boring without Recklessness. It would feel empty without it. Not gonna get them "DAMN" moments :/

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I like changes to Arms, but I feel like its gonna be boring without Recklessness. It would feel empty without it. Not gonna get them "DAMN" moments :/
    If I'm not wrong, it's "renamed" to Colossal Smash

Quote Originally Posted by nativity View Post
    If I'm not wrong, it's "renamed" to Colossal Smash
    Csmash is our damage CD now yes, but 30% more damage does lack the wow factor of a whole lotta crits popping up.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Csmash is our damage CD now yes, but 30% more damage does lack the wow factor of a whole lotta crits popping up.
    To be fair though, in Legion BC has felt like the worst CD ever. It makes (together with PS) crit almost worthless as a stat, and stats being worthless is not good design. BC only felt good during the FR era which was more due to DC making you able to spam FR and shit for back to back Tactician proccs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeley View Post
    To be fair though, in Legion BC has felt like the worst CD ever. It makes (together with PS) crit almost worthless as a stat, and stats being worthless is not good design. BC only felt good during the FR era which was more due to DC making you able to spam FR and shit for back to back Tactician proccs.
    I'm not arguing it was great design, that's a given. But it feels better to use it and see flashing big crits than to hit a button and see slightly bigger regular numbers. It's not the effect, it's the feedback the ability gives you.
    Last edited by Caargon; 2018-02-12 at 05:41 AM.

I'm not arguing it was great design, that's a given. But it feels better to use it and see flashing big crits than to hit a button and see slightly bigger regular numbers. It's not the effect, it's the feedback the ability gives you.
    Try to see the upsides : a 30% damage buff scales better than a flat 100% crit :
    - it gets better the further we are in the xpac
    - you can stack crit and still see those flashy yellow text, even bigger ones, just less frequent
    - it's very good on encounters where you get buffs

"Specialization (1)
    Hmm, where did you found this update ? I don't see any

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Try to see the upsides : a 30% damage buff scales better than a flat 100% crit :
    - it gets better the further we are in the xpac
    - you can stack crit and still see those flashy yellow text, even bigger ones, just less frequent
    - it's very good on encounters where you get buffs
    Once again, I realize it's better mechanically. You're repeating yourself even though I've said several times yes it works better. Again, Yes It Works Better. But it doesn't FEEL as satisfying to use. That's my point. Remember WoD and how much arms warriors hated the whirlwind spam even though the damage was just fine and it's functionally the same as hitting slam? Or hell, look at metamorphosis: It doesn't do very much but damn is it bitchin. Perception matters at least as much as actual output, and moments of coolness where you really feel like the ultimate incarnation of what your class represents are important. Bladestorm is cool, but awfully limited, especially when we just talent piss-boring ravager for any situation where you'd want to use it regularly.
    Last edited by Caargon; 2018-02-12 at 11:24 PM.

Once again, I realize it's better mechanically. You're repeating yourself even though I've said several times yes it works better. Again, Yes It Works Better. But it doesn't FEEL as satisfying to use. That's my point. Remember WoD and how much arms warriors hated the whirlwind spam even though the damage was just fine and it's functionally the same as hitting slam? Or hell, look at metamorphosis: It doesn't do very much but damn is it bitchin. Perception matters at least as much as actual output, and moments of coolness where you really feel like the ultimate incarnation of what your class represents are important. Bladestorm is cool, but awfully limited, especially when we just talent piss-boring ravager for any situation where you'd want to use it regularly.
    Ok maybe I didn't express myself properly. My point was that it CAN FEEL good, hell even better than Legion's Battle Cry for the reasons I stated above. Yes you're getting less crit in those few seconds but you can very easily get BIGGER crits, hence why I said try and see the upside instead of focusing on the downside...

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinJim View Post
    Keep in mind that the build they showed at Blizzcon is essentially pre-alpha. There are tons of things that will change, so I wouldn't get upset over something that was seen in that build already.
    We see this argument come up every patch and expansion cycle. I would be skeptical but vocal about what works and what doesn't work. There's the *possibility* things will change but you can't assume anything without a blue confirmation.

Right now Arms is trash, too low damage, takes too much damage and is often Rage starved even with the talent that increases Rage from auto attacks.

Arms at this point need serious work and I'd like to see Arms' damage spread out. It spiking during a phase that's shortened by other people getting better gear is bad design.

If we over 10 minutes gives 10 m damage, we currrently deal 4 m in the first 8 minutes and 6 in the last two. This makes Arms unviable as it takes longer for them to reach the last 20% and when people have good gear, they can make a ton of damage in the previous 80%.

I'm worried since took four expansions and two patches since ICC to make Arms even viable.
    Last edited by Quaade; 2018-02-14 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of going "yeah but the damage is terrible!", focus on how it FEELS to play it.
    Damage can always be tuned, having a fun rotation can't be magically introduced in a patch.

Personally it looks a lot more interactive and fun compared to Legion arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post

If we over 10 minutes gives 10 m damage, we currrently deal 4 m in the first 8 minutes and 6 in the last two. This makes Arms unviable as it takes longer for them to reach the last 20% and when people have good gear, they can make a ton of damage in the previous 80%.
    Except that design results in warriors and their executes being more valuable during progression fights where things tend to be messier and the fight drags on longer, not less. That's not even including the long, continuing history of bosses who are at their deadliest in the very last stages of the fight like Argus, Garothi, Desolate Host, etc. I don't fucking care if I drop a place or two on the meters once the content is on farm. That's your ego screaming, not a testament to viability.

We might be more valuable during progress, however progress ends at some point, after which other classes are better to bring objectively. Thankfully my guild is free from such dickery. However raidstacking is real.

You say it's my ego talking? Feel free to call my wish to be viable all the time ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Instead of going "yeah but the damage is terrible!", focus on how it FEELS to play it.
    Damage can always be tuned, having a fun rotation can't be magically introduced in a patch.

Personally it looks a lot more interactive and fun compared to Legion arms.
    I'll play that game. I have experience from both and subjectively it feels like utter trash in BfA right now. It might look better, however the reality is as far from the expectation as possible.

The Mastery is about as meaningless as possible and does about nothing to justify its existance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaade View Post
    I'll play that game. I have experience from both and subjectively it feels like utter trash in BfA right now. It might look better, however the reality is as far from the expectation as possible.

The Mastery is about as meaningless as possible and does about nothing to justify its existance.
    How could it possibly, even remotely, be as bad as it is in Legion right now?
    All you do in Legion is spam two buttons and hope for resets, atleast in BfA you've not only got Overpower but you can also have a neat little almost WW-esque mini-game where you line up MS multipliers through different means.