Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    Sorry I disagree. Death sentence is so clutch. Without it we will just get kited to oblivion and melee range lagged. Death sentence + buffed execute would be stupidly OP, buffed execute on its own without DS would suck. The solution is to make DS only usable for regular <20% executes and not triggerable from sudden death, but I doubt Blizzard will do this. Also maybe nerf execute damage a bit in pvp.
    And I disagree with you but I see what you mean, I think that we have good mobility as it is tho and should be kited if we use it badly. I do think your solution to make DS Only usable on <20% is good if we keep it tho. I like that we are easily kited but do big damage when we connect. It fits the slower playstyle of arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastoorode View Post
    And I disagree with you but I see what you mean, I think that we have good mobility as it is tho and should be kited if we use it badly. I do think your solution to make DS Only usable on <20% is good if we keep it tho. I like that we are easily kited but do big damage when we connect. It fits the slower playstyle of arms.
    Go play a Death Knight or Paladin if you like being kited to death. Arms is supposed to be slower than its Fury counterpart, but it's still supposed to be mobile. Mobility has been an iconic part of the Warrior class fantasy since the very beginning of the game. The problem is, they've systematically stripped it away from us over the years so new classes like Monks and Demon Hunters can feel special. Meanwhile Monks and and Demon Hunters not only have better mobility but they also have more crowd control and arguably better damage. The only thing keeping warriors viable in PvP right now is the Mortal Strike debuff, which only Arms has access to. Even Protection Warriors have been completely replaced by Vengeance Demon Hunters as the go-to flag carrier in the RBG scene. Our mobility has been nerfed enough as it is. Please stop advocating that they nerf it further. If anything, we should be united in requesting that Blizz move Double Time to another tier or even make it baseline so we don't have to choose between it and Stormbolt, our only quasi-decent CC. Or how about fucking monks and demon huntards choose between their multiple mobility abilities and their array of CC. The Warrior's kit is an outdated shadow of its former self.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Go play a Death Knight or Paladin if you like being kited to death. Arms is supposed to be slower than its Fury counterpart, but it's still supposed to be mobile. Mobility has been an iconic part of the Warrior class fantasy since the very beginning of the game. The problem is, they've systematically stripped it away from us over the years so new classes like Monks and Demon Hunters can feel special. Meanwhile Monks and and Demon Hunters not only have better mobility but they also have more crowd control and arguably better damage. The only thing keeping warriors viable in PvP right now is the Mortal Strike debuff, which only Arms has access to. Even Protection Warriors have been completely replaced by Vengeance Demon Hunters as the go-to flag carrier in the RBG scene. Our mobility has been nerfed enough as it is. Please stop advocating that they nerf it further. If anything, we should be united in requesting that Blizz move Double Time to another tier or even make it baseline so we don't have to choose between it and Stormbolt, our only quasi-decent CC. Or how about fucking monks and demon huntards choose between their multiple mobility abilities and their array of CC. The Warrior's kit is an outdated shadow of its former self.
    I still don't agree, I think the other melees mobility needs to be tuned down not ours tuned up, it's not health for the game when melee have to much mobility, I do think warriors should get charge stun back to atleast if specced double time. I want Intevene back as utility for the team. Casters should be rewarded for kiting good but there damage should be caster and not instant burst like it is now. If melee have to much mobility the caster damage needs to be instant för them to be able to do damage. Arms warriors have almost the same mobility now as in Wrath except för missing Intevene and slight higher cd on HL than Intercept har, but HL don't requier a Target and not we have a ranged stun. it's not warriors mobility thats needs a buff but other melees (Monks and DH:s) that need a nerf in mobility and lockdown power.
    We will probly not ever agree on this but I think it would be better for the game overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastoorode View Post
    I still don't agree, I think the other melees mobility needs to be tuned down not ours tuned up, it's not health for the game when melee have to much mobility, I do think warriors should get charge stun back to atleast if specced double time. I want Intevene back as utility for the team. Casters should be rewarded for kiting good but there damage should be caster and not instant burst like it is now. If melee have to much mobility the caster damage needs to be instant för them to be able to do damage. Arms warriors have almost the same mobility now as in Wrath except för missing Intevene and slight higher cd on HL than Intercept har, but HL don't requier a Target and not we have a ranged stun. it's not warriors mobility thats needs a buff but other melees (Monks and DH:s) that need a nerf in mobility and lockdown power.
    We will probly not ever agree on this but I think it would be better for the game overall.
    I actually agree with most of that. I want Intercept back as Arms. We don't have as much utility as we used to. We used to be able to play more defensively and actually help our teammates survive. We still have Disarm and it's clutch but we have to spend a talent point on an ability we used to have baseline back in the Stance Dance days. I want to see that complexity added back to the class, though I doubt it ever will. Blizz is in the business of taking away more than giving back these days. I just wish they'd start doing that with monks and DHs. They're just ridiculous right now. Even Yolo RBG groups who will take just about anyone will only invite a DH for their tank because they can just hop skip and jump across the map and cap flags like gravity doesn't apply to them. And if you do manage to catch them and keep them locked down for a bit, they just laugh it off because they don't have any real weaknesses in their mitigation. Their self-healing and damage is off the charts too. And then it's right back to jumping across the map to cap. How Blizz hasnt addressed this yet is beyond me.

I actually agree with most of that. I want Intercept back as Arms. We don't have as much utility as we used to. We used to be able to play more defensively and actually help our teammates survive. We still have Disarm and it's clutch but we have to spend a talent point on an ability we used to have baseline back in the Stance Dance days. I want to see that complexity added back to the class, though I doubt it ever will. Blizz is in the business of taking away more than giving back these days. I just wish they'd start doing that with monks and DHs. They're just ridiculous right now. Even Yolo RBG groups who will take just about anyone will only invite a DH for their tank because they can just hop skip and jump across the map and cap flags like gravity doesn't apply to them. And if you do manage to catch them and keep them locked down for a bit, they just laugh it off because they don't have any real weaknesses in their mitigation. Their self-healing and damage is off the charts too. And then it's right back to jumping across the map to cap. How Blizz hasnt addressed this yet is beyond me.
    I agree with you, I want stance dancing and Sword and board play back, and all the utility we had in Wrath and Cata. unfortunally it won't happen
    Warriors used to be about do alot of damage when connecting and be disruptive and support the team, nowdays is almost Only about damage. I hate that they removed Intervene, beeing able to intervene a blind or Kidney or to eat a trap was some of the things that seperated good and bad players.

Deleted
    No way of touching Death Sentence. It's one of the most fun arms abilities in Legion.
    Right now Warriors are the middle of the road based on mobility. Their damage is rather low but that is mostly cause legion classes are full of baked in slows and cleave damage. Where warriors do not really have this passive aoe unless they talent into it.

But this is made up with having a mortal strike effect and a slow which are both undispellable. And having a powerful finisher which in theory are indirect ways of dealing damage.
    Having to choose between cc or mobility is a perfect way to balance. The best talent rows exists out of talents you have a hard time to pick from or when they have clear situational difference.

I can agree intervene brought skill to warriors. And i would have liked it to stay instead of Duel. Also Warbanner to some degree should have it's cooldown reduced to open it more up for skill play. Giving the warrior more times to predict cc happening. Ofcourse the duration and effect should be balanced accordingly.

Going sword and board and stance dancing however would not fit the current pace and gameplay anymore.

Deleted
    Word.

Anyway, I really dig Overpower's "new" animation (Execute) and I'm real glad to have Overpower back.
    And not having to press Colossus Smash to do any sensible damage. Man, how long has it been before I had to press anything to enable my damage I can't even remember. Maybe TBC.

So how does Arms play right now on beta for you guys lucky enough to get an invite? Getting ready to dive back in and want to get an idea of the specs. Arms has always been one of my favs, but I hate resource-starved slow Arms -- is that making a return in BFA or does the spec feel pretty fluid albeit obviously slower than Fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    So how does Arms play right now on beta for you guys lucky enough to get an invite? Getting ready to dive back in and want to get an idea of the specs. Arms has always been one of my favs, but I hate resource-starved slow Arms -- is that making a return in BFA or does the spec feel pretty fluid albeit obviously slower than Fury?
    I have not played it alot because of lack of time but I think arms feels good, with the slam trait there are very few moments were we are rage starved imo.

It is fairly fluid, although that also depends on your talent setup. With Dreadnaught and Skullsplitter there are few moments where you are rage starved, that's with fairly low Haste. Fervor of Battle should die in a fire however.

To put it another way, in Legion I would never have played Arms even if it topped meters and Fury was rock bottom. I just couldn't have any fun with it. In BfA I'll favor Fury but if Arms is significantly ahead, I won't mind playing it.

Like others said its pretty fluid. I imported my live character and did some dungeons and questing (i loved kul'tiras and its GoT vibe btw).

Rage generation is pretty decent. GCD sucks ass though and literally halts your button presses to slow you down. But it is same for almost every spec fury included so there is no way to run away from it. It sucks as Arms to lose the artifact traits but they put back the most important ones back in some shape or form. And got rid of the retarded Colossus Smash / mastery dependence which is the best change imo. Cleave and instance damage is great with warbreaker+anger management but how that will translate to long term gear progress, we shall wait and see.

Deleted
    it flows really nice as stated by someone else the slam trait just adds to the flow. warrior will continue to be my main going forward. i also suspect many people to turn to warrior for fury gameplay. both specs feel really really nice to play.

If damage is any good, Warrior is FOTM material. Few specs are currently close.

Deleted
    Really loving this version of arms, especially the version with 2 stacks of overpower and baked in executioner's precision, it makes the flow of the spec really pleasant to me.

Only problem I have with it right now is that sweeping strikes is on the GCD, which feels pretty bland since the activation itself doesn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Really loving this version of arms, especially the version with 2 stacks of overpower and baked in executioner's precision, it makes the flow of the spec really pleasant to me.

Only problem I have with it right now is that sweeping strikes is on the GCD, which feels pretty bland since the activation itself doesn't do anything.
    Yeah, it's easily one of worst abilities to have on the GCD, since with 25s CD you will cast it very often in M+ especially so you always have 1 second of its duration just standing there weapon in the air like a moron.

Is there a pseudoguide for talents/rotation somewhere haven't kept up with any of this stuff and only got beta yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post

Yea, sweeping strikes on the gcd interrupts the flow of the spec and doesn't feel good. In general I think low cd skills that don't deal damage like sweeping strikes should be off the gcd b/c they r used so much more often and interrupt the pace of gameplay so often. I'm super excited for warrior regardless all 3 specs feel great. I'm lvling a highmountain Tauren to replace my BE warrior.

In my opinion, they should rework Sweeping Strikes to be more like Windwalker's Fists of Fury where it channels a series of attacks. That way the button feels more rewarding to press. They could give it a Blademaster-inspired animation to appeal to the class fantasy of the spec. That would be cool.

In my opinion, they should rework Sweeping Strikes to be more like Windwalker's Fists of Fury where it channels a series of attacks. That way the button feels more rewarding to press. They could give it a Blademaster-inspired animation to appeal to the class fantasy of the spec. That would be cool.
    Or they can make it just like live version: 2 additional targets and completely passive. It is good enough to sacrifice a talent row for. On live whenever I see 3 targets I am very happy . 4m+ sustain damage outside CDs.

But this is aganst their new rule of not having aoe and ST talents on same row. Unless they put it on a all-aoe row.

If they were going to make it a talent again, they'd probably put it in Collateral Damage's spot. But as a passive talent, it's boring. As a cooldown with a passive effect, it's boring. It's always been boring. I wish they would just go back to the drawing board or delete it altogether. It doesn't feel like an engaging button to push regardless of how much damage it allows.