Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    but it only gives you 100 rage instead of 100% crit chance
    where did u see it doesn't give 100% crit chance anymore since i also see that it does ?

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    I would really love to see Single-Minded Fury make a return.
    i won't

nothing shows off fury like 2 big a** weapons
    Last edited by mmocb672c6081d; 2018-01-28 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    but it only gives you 100 rage instead of 100% crit chance
    Not sure where you got that idea from, the ability always had 100% crit. I just said the difference from now and the alpha is that the 100 rage is now baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    ok ok I was wrong.. I read the "now grants 100 rage" only

But it might be better since it's loosing the crit damage increase and traits that reduce it's CD (and CoF)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    MoP fury with mythic SoO gear was my favorite version.
    I personally really enjoyed WoD. I played mostly Arms in MoP so I cant speak much for Fury.

I really don't enjoy the new spammy Fury

Cheers to keeping Odyn's Fury! I love that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    I guess the big part of competing for 1handers was shit. I have to agree with you there. I just feel weird as a gnome swinging around big dick weaps lol.
    Perhaps if you didn't visualize them as dicks, it would make more sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emdeka View Post
    where did u see it doesn't give 100% crit chance anymore since i also see that it does ?

i won't

nothing shows off fury like 2 big a** weapons
    well, kinda sucks when u can´t tmogg 1-h swords.
    There are some i really would like.

Omg I saw yesterday that meat cleaver now effects Raging Blow instead of Bloodthirst! Yeeeees

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Omg I saw yesterday that meat cleaver now effects Raging Blow instead of Bloodthirst! Yeeeees
    Can't find that anywhere, can you link your source please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Can't find that anywhere, can you link your source please ?
    Preach streamed yesterday and he talked about it aswell as there was a new animation for it. You can look it up and watch gameplay but I cant find where he mouse over the buff. But it was in there

10+ Year Old Account
    does it still effect rampage?

would that make the AoE rotation WW -> Rampage -> RB

what if you're low on rage and can't use rampage to enrage, would that mean that if you're not running inner rage, you're better of spamming WW?

i'm probably missing something - i'm a follower of the theorycrafters and not one myself when it comes to BiS, rotation etc. just really curious what this would imply
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Meat Cleaver now allows Raging Blow or Rampage to cleave instead of BT and Ramp, though it still says BT/Ramp in the spellbook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samayael View Post
    Meat Cleaver now allows Raging Blow or Rampage to cleave instead of BT and Ramp, though it still says BT/Ramp in the spellbook.
    OK so rampage consumes the buff in BfA? so WW> rampage > WW > RB?
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    does it still effect rampage?

would that make the AoE rotation WW -> Rampage -> RB

what if you're low on rage and can't use rampage to enrage, would that mean that if you're not running inner rage, you're better of spamming WW?

i'm probably missing something - i'm a follower of the theorycrafters and not one myself when it comes to BiS, rotation etc. just really curious what this would imply
    No, it's still only next hit, so you'd have to WW -> Rampage -> WW -> RB, which is extremely rage inefficient since it pushes back Bloodthirst. Attempting to fit BT in anytime after Rampage has a high likelihood of causing the RB to fall out of Enrage, becoming unusable.

It's also damage inefficient, since the cleaved Raging Blow (now at 40% down from 50% in Legion) does less damage than Whirlwind after 2 targets.

• Cleaved Raging Blow = 56+(56/2)+(34*#1-4) = 118, 152, 186, 220% wdmg from 2 to a maximum of 5 targets.
    • An extra Whirlwind = (12+(12/2))3*(1+#) = 108, 162, 214, 268% wdmg from 2-5 targets, continuing to increase with each additional.
    # = number of extra targets hit by RB/Whirlwind from +1 to +4

So pressing Raging Blow after Whirlwind only does more damage than simply pressing Whirlwind again if there are exactly 2 targets. The only upside is the 5 rage generation, which we could equate to ~13% wdmg (6% of a Rampage) and the trickle down effect of a slightly sooner Enrage, which might be worthwhile between 3-5 targets (sims will decide that), but certainly wouldn't be once there are more than Meat Cleaver's cap of 5 targets.

This is all ignoring the fact that it's incredibly hard to Enrage while using Whirlwind in the first place, due to the lack of rage generation/bonus BT crit chance, especially with the current loss of Fury rage generation in BfA.

TLDR: Right now it's only a good change if you're talented Inner Rage, and even then just barely. Whatever Fury changes come with future builds could easily change this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    OK so rampage consumes the buff in BfA? so WW> rampage > WW > RB?
    For the few minutes I've been able to get on the alpha, that's still true. That part hasn't changed, the only thing that changed as far as I'm aware is RB instead of BT cleaving.

If Inner Rage doesn't become baseline that seems like a nerf to me, but time will tell, it's only alpha, first iteration, etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it sounds like it's a good change in regards to feeling, I think I can see myself liking the feel of it working with RP/RB more than RP/BT.

also gimme your alpha sam :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    If anything it sounds like it's a good change in regards to feeling, I think I can see myself liking the feel of it working with RP/RB more than RP/BT.

also gimme your alpha sam :'(
    Yeah, in terms of feeling, I like MC going off of RB/Ramp versus BT/Ramp, but given we've seen almost no mechanical changes to Fury, we won't know how it works out in the end until those actually happen.

Also sorry. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Honestly my wish list is to just have a play style similar to Cata. I really love the playstyle in Legion, it's my second favorite version of Fury to be honest. But I've always preferred the concept of constantly having rage spenders instead of constantly building up to 85-100 rage and then resetting it back down with one ability.
    Interesting, Cata was pretty horrible as Fury, you literally ended up auto-attacking most of the time. Cata was amazing for Arms though. And SoO was amazing for Fury when you had full gear. But we will never go back to SoO at least as the spec was complete garbage without that gear. IIRC they moved away from crit to a haste-focused spec to avoid what happened every expac with Fury. Being garbage for 2 tiers and being godlike in the last tier. Well, we're still god tier in the last tier this time around I guess but at least the spec was playable a low gear levels. When it wasn't during Cata an MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Interesting, Cata was pretty horrible as Fury, you literally ended up auto-attacking most of the time. Cata was amazing for Arms though. And SoO was amazing for Fury when you had full gear. But we will never go back to SoO at least as the spec was complete garbage without that gear. IIRC they moved away from crit to a haste-focused spec to avoid what happened every expac with Fury. Being garbage for 2 tiers and being godlike in the last tier. Well, we're still god tier in the last tier this time around I guess but at least the spec was playable a low gear levels. When it wasn't during Cata an MoP.
    You definitely didn't spend most of the time auto attacking, rage generation was actually pretty solid back then. Especially back when you received rage for taking damage, there were some fights where you would have a constant flow of rage available. Some of that was from scumming like dipping into mechanics or lava like on Heroic Rag for example, but still. Don't forget that Battle Shout would also give you tons of rage, as well as the passive rage gain from every time you got enraged, including from Berserker Rage.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-02-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Yeah, I really hope they keep the Haste focused playstyle. Change BC so that Crit isn't so undervalued, but if we have to rely on BT procs again I'm going to be upset, there's already too much of that with T21 Fury I find.

Looking at some alpha notes from a few days ago, it seems Enrage is now 6sec baseline, which will definitely help. Maybe make Bladestorm great again?