Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

[8.0] Battle of Azeroth Fury discussion thread

With Battle of Azeroth announced, let's keep all the relevant information regarding Fury Warriors in this thread!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Yesss!!!! Bring back Heroic Strike haha

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. did we lose Odyns fury in the alpha or?

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB Odyn's Fury talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogai View Post
    So.. did we lose Odyns fury in the alpha or?
    if OF is part of artifact and we won't have artifacts weps anymore what do u think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    WTB Odyn's Fury talent.
    that would be nice to get a base of that since without it we will need a huge buff on AoE bursts to compensate for OF loss
    Last edited by mmocb672c6081d; 2017-11-10 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emdeka View Post
    if OF is part of artifact and we won't have artifacts weps anymore what do u think ?

that would be nice to get a base of that since without it we will need a huge buff on AoE bursts to compensate for OF loss
    I sense bladestorm making a comeback.

I kinda hope OF stays around. I like the long range, and one gcd aspect of it. Also being able to use it more frequently helps differentiate the two specs IMO. I also hope fury carries over a lot of the more frequent cooldown style that we have right now on live in general.

Yea... it's going to be hard to go back to a 2 or 3 minute CD if they revert.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Odyn's Fury if it wasn't RNG on the rage gen, but I'm sure it adds some fun and interesting mechanics to the rotation which all players enjoy )

I really want them to change battlecry. So much of our damage revolves around it that it makes it feel like most everything you do outside of battlecry largely doesn't matter. Make the crit stat great again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReallyBigtuna View Post
    I really want them to change battlecry. So much of our damage revolves around it that it makes it feel like most everything you do outside of battlecry largely doesn't matter. Make the crit stat great again.
    They definitely need to tone down how strong Battle Cry is (this is largely amplified by Bloodbath in T21 as well though), I think it works well revolving around a somewhat frequent cooldown window. But say for example they remove unrivaled strength (30-35% damage increase for most players during Battle Cry) and baked that into baseline damage balancing to smooth it out a bit.

Just an example of maintaining our current gameplay, but smoothing out the damage a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReallyBigtuna View Post
    I think the ratio of BC and non BC damage was fine in T20. It's T21 and the Bloodbath build that really made the situation ridiculous by ensuring our non-BC damage sucks because our cooldown stacking is basically the best damage augment in the game, especially if you look at the effectiveness vs cooldown of Battle Cry with relics and all. There's a reason we still use Convergence and that Unrivaled Strength is our best trait, since frequent and super powerful BCs are our entire DPS basically.

My Fury wishlist is;

-Inner Rage baseline, for obvious reasons. It is by far the most fun and flexible build.

-I used to want Massacre baseline. T21 has shown us the pitfalls of such a thing (as in, it's incredibly powerful and would make our damage really depend on execute phase as to not make us OP as fuck), so I'd rather have a talent row that enhances Execute. So we could have Massacre, old Sudden Death (the Ayala's effect) and... something else Juggernaut maybe. Speaking of which, ditch baseline Juggernaut and make Execute do great damage baseline.

-Unrivaled Strength removed and more damage baked into our non-BC rotation.

-Furious Slash to scale with Crit, IE it increases the critical chance of our next BT by 2x our Crit or something. This both makes the stat more attractive and makes FS a bit less of a dead button to press. SPeaking of which, increase FS's damage as well.

-Possibly get rid of Frothing Berserker, I like playing Carnage mostly because I like pressing Rampage as soon as it shows up.

-Make either the pants or the helm a baseline effect. Most other leggy effects can go, but just having one of these is a signifcant gain in both performance and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly my wish list is to just have a play style similar to Cata. I really love the playstyle in Legion, it's my second favorite version of Fury to be honest. But I've always preferred the concept of constantly having rage spenders instead of constantly building up to 85-100 rage and then resetting it back down with one ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    -I used to want Massacre baseline. T21 has shown us the pitfalls of such a thing (as in, it's incredibly powerful and would make our damage really depend on execute phase as to not make us OP as fuck), so I'd rather have a talent row that enhances Execute. So we could have Massacre, old Sudden Death (the Ayala's effect) and... something else Juggernaut maybe. Speaking of which, ditch baseline Juggernaut and make Execute do great damage baseline.

-Unrivaled Strength removed and more damage baked into our non-BC rotation.
    Massacre is not what makes execute OP, it's bloodbath and battlecry combined with Juggernaut. If Juggernaut was gone (it should be) even with Bloodbath execute would just be a nice increase, but hardly absurd like it is now. You have to remember even at 30 stacks you're talking a 100% damage increase. Think about bosses that have 100% damage increase phases and how nutty that is, and fury gets that and more in many encounters with regards to execute damage.

You went from a build that focused damage on Raging Blow and didn't use Bloodbath, to a build that makes raging blow extremely weak AND you've added on a 40% damage increase in the way of Bloodbath. Our execute is ridiculous at the moment, but it's important to qualify it in the right way. And massacre is not that reason.

MoP fury with mythic SoO gear was my favorite version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    MoP fury with mythic SoO gear was my favorite version.
    Really? It felt so weird to me. I can't remember too much but from my memory it was pretty clunky. Saving up 2 raging blow stacks for CS, spamming HS inside of CS, 1 RB before Stormbolt (eew, stormbolt).

I guess it felt pretty nice spamming all that stuff inside CS but it's nothing compared to how smooth fury feels in legion.

Edit: A knowledgeable warrior should make a video showcasing how fury has changed in every expansion. I'd watch the hell out of that.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-01-11 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Massacre is not what makes execute OP, it's bloodbath and battlecry combined with Juggernaut. If Juggernaut was gone (it should be) even with Bloodbath execute would just be a nice increase, but hardly absurd like it is now. You have to remember even at 30 stacks you're talking a 100% damage increase. Think about bosses that have 100% damage increase phases and how nutty that is, and fury gets that and more in many encounters with regards to execute damage.

You went from a build that focused damage on Raging Blow and didn't use Bloodbath, to a build that makes raging blow extremely weak AND you've added on a 40% damage increase in the way of Bloodbath. Our execute is ridiculous at the moment, but it's important to qualify it in the right way. And massacre is not that reason.
    You may be right, but then we might also have to do something about Bloodbath if Execute is baseline. Even without Unrivaled Strength and Juggernaut, Battle Cry + Massacre + Bloodbath makes our execute phase extremely potent. I just don't want our execute to be so powerful that Blizzard has to nerf the rest of our kit just to keep us balanced.

I wonder if SMF will be brought back; I enjoy the faster swings of SMF over TG.

No way, WotLK end-game with 100% armour penetration and the legendary 2h axe! That was so sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I wonder if SMF will be brought back; I enjoy the faster swings of SMF over TG.
    Doubtful, given that all Fury abilities require two-handed weapons, and that Blizzard has literally never been able to balance the two so Titan's Grip was superior the majority of the time.

Personally I hope it remains that way. Titan's Grip is Fury's thing, what makes us unique in terms of visuals and flavor. More than half the melee DPS specs in the game at this point dual wield 1-handers.