Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys, I was playing around for about an hour trying out this spec. 2/1/1/3/1/1/2
    I have no numbers to show or give other than the playstyle and experience I gained.
    Overall, the spec goes crazy with unleashing rampages and having tons of enrage uptime. There's been very few windows, mainly due to procs, which forced me to WW once or twice in awhile. With BC being reduced in CD, with more rage generation it's not hard at all to ramapage during the buff every ~2abilities. Can I get some feedback on this spec? I tried using dragon rage and bladedstorm, but problem being is the gap in using shout, and BS taking so long to finish it caps out rage and could easily pump extra rampages in. Bottom talent, anger management cause more BC is more rage and more rampages like crazy. I went with meat cleaver because it works well with first talent and proccing enrages is nice on top of more rage to unleash further rampages. Please any feedback would be appreciated, even numbers if anyone can provide. Thanks in advance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Fury still crit/mastery in BFA ?

Quote Originally Posted by EtaiTai View Post
    Fury still crit/mastery in BFA ?
    Wowhead has the guides up for all classes.

But basically, we're Crit/Haste in pre-patch, and unknown in BfA proper at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there's no guide thread posted on MMO this time, I'll post this here.

Updated my Rampage WA from Antorus and made it work with the BfA mechanics.

Link for the new aura: https://wago.io/S1ykNWaXX

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Wowhead has the guides up for all classes.

But basically, we're Crit/Haste in pre-patch, and unknown in BfA proper at this point.
    the stat weights are pretty close to each other, STR> all. Ilvl is the only thing that matters for Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    the stat weights are pretty close to each other, STR> all. Ilvl is the only thing that matters for Fury.
    Sure, but in the pre-patch Crit is very valuable if you have the legs. The difference between secondaries isn't as crazy as in Legion, but that's by design. There are still best and worst ones.

I too have been having issues even fitting in my Bladestorm talent due to the never ending fun and procs. Is Meatcleaver worth taking atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    I too have been having issues even fitting in my Bladestorm talent due to the never ending fun and procs. Is Meatcleaver worth taking atm?
    Meat Cleaver is no more. It's built into whirlwind by default. Better yet, it affects the next 2 single target attacks you use, including execute.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Meat Cleaver is no more. It's built into whirlwind by default. Better yet, it affects the next 2 single target attacks you use, including execute.
    -Meat Cleaver causes Whirlwind to generate 1 extra Rage per target hit, up to 11 rage total, with a 10% chance to trigger Enrage per cast.

From the talent selection. This part is in the same section as dragon roar and bladestorm. I might keep Bladestorm for more burst AoE, but i'm finding it pretty useless on single atm

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    -Meat Cleaver causes Whirlwind to generate 1 extra Rage per target hit, up to 11 rage total, with a 10% chance to trigger Enrage per cast.

From the talent selection. This part is in the same section as dragon roar and bladestorm. I might keep Bladestorm for more burst AoE, but i'm finding it pretty useless on single atm
    I was thinking of wrecking ball talent. Got the two confused.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    I was thinking of wrecking ball talent. Got the two confused.
    No harm done

Finally got around to trying patch 8.0 Fury and I have to say it's incredibly bland and simplified compared to Legion Fury, I admit I haven't looked into what Azerite adds but most of the discussion around the system shows not a lot across the board when it comes to gameplay interaction. Bit of a shame, maybe Fury in Legion was overly cooldown reliant but now it seems like we have a very bland watered down smash your head into the keyboard spec, the artifact (and to an extent the legendaries) also added a lot of gameplay that is lost.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Finally got around to trying patch 8.0 Fury and I have to say it's incredibly bland and simplified compared to Legion Fury, I admit I haven't looked into what Azerite adds but most of the discussion around the system shows not a lot across the board when it comes to gameplay interaction. Bit of a shame, maybe Fury in Legion was overly cooldown reliant but now it seems like we have a very bland watered down smash your head into the keyboard spec, the artifact (and to an extent the legendaries) also added a lot of gameplay that is lost.
    What gameplay? Legion's Fury was horribly bland and required you to have a stupid trinket to do any damage.

Deleted
    I find this new fury iteration much more fun to play.

I have a question to fellow blood elven warriors - since Fury's rotation is quite fast and gcd locked and Arcane Torrent triggers gcd is it even worth using?

What gameplay was added by the artifact? Apart from Odyn's Fury (which was an easy AoE damage ability replaced by Dragon Roar) everything was passive. We had two buffs that had extremely unreliable proc rates and were barely noticeable, and Juggernaut which mean Blizzard had to make the execute phase terrible unless A) the stars aligned and you got a perfect one or B) you were in T21 gear and could stack all the cooldowns in the world at the cost of making the entire rest of the fight be Enrage proc fishing. The rest was tuning numbers and the small chance at double Bloodthirst, again a passive effect.

Little was simplified, Legion Fury was already a fairly simple spec. It's been made faster, smoother and far less gear/talent dependent which I welcome with open arms.

What gameplay was added by the artifact? Apart from Odyn's Fury (which was an easy AoE damage ability replaced by Dragon Roar) everything was passive. We had two buffs that had extremely unreliable proc rates and were barely noticeable, and Juggernaut which mean Blizzard had to make the execute phase terrible unless A) the stars aligned and you got a perfect one or B) you were in T21 gear and could stack all the cooldowns in the world at the cost of making the entire rest of the fight be Enrage proc fishing. The rest was tuning numbers and the small chance at double Bloodthirst, again a passive effect.

Little was simplified, Legion Fury was already a fairly simple spec. It's been made faster, smoother and far less gear/talent dependent which I welcome with open arms.
    1. Odyn's Fury - Burst AOE cooldown
    2. Odyn's Champion - Cooldown reduction proc via rampage.
    3. Juggernaut - Stacking execute damage increase
    4. Sense Death - Chance to cause execute to be free when you execute.
    5. Oathblood - Bloodthirst chance to proc another Bloodthirst

And really you've already mentioned them and then swiped them aside, but you can't just conveniently swipe them aside to pretend they didn't exist to fit your naritive. And focussing purely on a single tier out of an entire expansion when we're looking at a whole expansion is dumb, for a start I didn't even play the game in tier 21 so it is completely irrelevant to my point of view. To hit that home even more, a lot of guys playing during the T21 era weren't even using T21 sets, for example those doing Mythic + but not raiding. A buddy of mine had clears of 24-25 in all the M+ dungeons, very close to MDI qualified while not even being a raider so the scope of the expansion is much bigger than shining a magnifying glass on raiding as Fury in T21 and then airing your frustrations.

Fury was of course a fairly simple spec, but the fact that it had elements of depth and a requirement to properly time and maximise cooldown windows is what gave it any flavour, the only level of thought process that remained has been removed causing it to be a bland stationary spec designed for facemashers. And is it faster? I don't think so, try running a dungeon with Sephuz and War Machine in Legion and tell me that the new spec is faster, it's a moot argument point anyway.

I think it's bland and further simplified, if you like it then go ahead and play it.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-07-22 at 11:16 PM.

And really you've already mentioned them and then swiped them aside, but you can't just conveniently swipe them aside to pretend they didn't exist to fit your naritive. And focussing purely on a single tier out of an entire expansion when we're looking at a whole expansion is dumb, for a start I didn't even play the game in tier 21 so it is completely irrelevant to my point of view.

Fury was of course a fairly simple spec, but the fact that it had elements of depth and a requirement to properly time and maximise cooldown windows is what gave it any flavour, the only level of thought process that remained has been removed causing it to be a bland stationary spec designed for facemashers. And is it faster? I don't think so, try running a dungeon with Sephuz and War Machine in Legion and tell me that the new spec is faster, it's a moot argument point anyway.

I think it's bland and further simplified, if you like it then go ahead and play it.
    I'm not pretending they didn't exist, I'm saying they added very little to the rotation. Odyn's Fury kind of still exists. Odyn's Champion procced so rarely you didn't even notice it. Juggernaut was a totally shit mechanic. Sense Death was neat but was only there because Execute was downright unusable without Massacre. Oathblood is no different from the innate 20% reset on Raging Blow which is more fun and has more depth IMO.

Legion Fury worked when you used the right talents, gear and leggys, IE you procced Sephuz, had War Machine in dungeons, preferably talented Inner Rage so you aren't constantly fishing for Enrage in raids. Outside of these parameters, it was a flawed spec. I only loved it when I could use Inner Rage, and even then Execute was unfun as hell with that talent and barely worth using unless you had a super long phase. As soon as I was forced to pick Bloodbath, my enjoyment plummeted because the spec relied on the other talent to be fun. To say nothing of the reliance on Convergence.

The new spec is far less conditional. It works very well baseline, and talents enhance that instead of just making the spec playable and fun. Enrage haste buff + Furious Slash + Rampage scaling with Haste makes it crazy fast without requiring the stars-aligning moment of Sephuz + War Machine proc.

I'm not pretending they didn't exist, I'm saying they added very little to the rotation. Odyn's Fury kind of still exists. Odyn's Champion procced so rarely you didn't even notice it. Juggernaut was a totally shit mechanic. Sense Death was neat but was only there because Execute was downright unusable without Massacre. Oathblood is no different from the innate 20% reset on Raging Blow which is more fun and has more depth IMO.

Legion Fury worked when you used the right talents, gear and leggys, IE you procced Sephuz, had War Machine in dungeons, preferably talented Inner Rage so you aren't constantly fishing for Enrage in raids. Outside of these parameters, it was a flawed spec. I only loved it when I could use Inner Rage, and even then Execute was unfun as hell with that talent and barely worth using unless you had a super long phase. As soon as I was forced to pick Bloodbath, my enjoyment plummeted because the spec relied on the other talent to be fun. To say nothing of the reliance on Convergence.

The new spec is far less conditional. It works very well baseline, and talents enhance that instead of just making the spec playable and fun. Enrage haste buff + Furious Slash + Rampage scaling with Haste makes it crazy fast without requiring the stars-aligning moment of Sephuz + War Machine proc.
    Of course Legion Fury was flawed, but all specs are so it's a silly thing to bring up. And really Sephuz + War Machine wasn't a stars align moment, it was pretty much once every 30 seconds without fail throughout most dungeons, there were countless opportunities to proc sephuz. The new spec is completely bland to me, everything is as you say because it's so watered down and normalised, it requires less thought process and less situation building within the game because it has less tools with which to benefit from it.

Me saying that I don't like BFA doesn't make me a fan of Legion Fury either, I played Arms by choice because it was less mind-numbing (on the contrary Arms had some interesting and engaging builds throughout Legion).. They have simply made Fury more mind-numbing though, while ironing it out a little to remove some frustration. Problem is that the frustration/elation balance of the Legion Fury was all it had going for it, now it's just like moving into a retirement home.. Daily consistency through pure monotony.

And really you've already mentioned them and then swiped them aside, but you can't just conveniently swipe them aside to pretend they didn't exist to fit your naritive. And focussing purely on a single tier out of an entire expansion when we're looking at a whole expansion is dumb, for a start I didn't even play the game in tier 21 so it is completely irrelevant to my point of view.

The new spec is far less conditional. It works very well baseline, and talents enhance that instead of just making the spec playable and fun. Enrage haste buff + Furious Slash + Rampage scaling with Haste makes it crazy fast without requiring the stars-aligning moment of Sephuz + War Machine proc. Recklessness, due to its long cooldown, will require more thought in its use than Battle Cry's ''use it as soon as the button flashes and your damage is shit outside of it''. Furious Slash isn't my preferred talent but at least it's better than the old version. New whirlwind and execute are also far better to use.

Your opinion will be an unpopular one in any case, Fury is one of the specs that I've seen little but praise for.