Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    So yes, you think you know more than landsoul, cute. Clearly landsoul made their extremely complex spreadsheet and successfully made money off of selling access to his fury warrior compendium and classes because it was a simple spec.
    What has this got to do with Landsoul? It has nothing to do with Landsoul, what a completely ridiculous response to a conversation about the game. How about you discuss the topic instead of fanboying over some player. For what it's worth, I parsed higher than Landsoul on a number of cases, do you want to suck my cock too?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    1. He got his item for being an active contributor, theorycrafter, and notable (not best) player; like many other people who fit that criteria had happen to them. Landsoul's skill as a DPS Warrior is completely irrelevant to this discussion, the knowledge he had, and contributions he made for the spec.

2. BfA Fury is fine and is basically a polished version of the Legion iteration with a lot of the RNG factors removed and a far better talent tree. Legion Fury didn't have the "don't cap rage" flavor, but you were still building up to a resource and dumping it with one ability. BfA's enrage tie in with BT is more RNG than it was in Legion, but this is also fixed by the amount of rage generation we have (which will go down a bit at 120). The rotation is more or less the same, with correct ability usage being (or at least should be) more impactful at 120.

3. You're vastly misremembering how complex Fury was. You had to sometimes think about how you were going to spend your rage, yes, but at the same time you were just swimming with a full rage bar and able to spam Heroic Strike every GCD on at least half of the fights. You were able to contribute to this by abusing mechanics for more rage, or dipping in lava for a tick during low damage parts of Rag for example. Fury was also the better spec for the majority of the expansion, but Arms was in a good spot and was able to compete with fury. It wasn't until DS that it became the "fotm" spec.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-07-26 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Fury was also the better spec for the majority of the expansion, but Arms was in a good spot and was able to compete with fury.
    I disagree with that statement. but we've already had that discussion .

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Someone's salty they don't have a helm named after them.
    we know its you..

I wasn't playing it at the time so my memory may be flawed, but wasn't arms strength in DS partially due to its synergy with Gurthalak?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    1. He got his item for being an active contributor, theorycrafter, and notable (not best) player; like many other people who fit that criteria had happen to them. Landsoul's skill as a DPS Warrior is completely irrelevant to this discussion, the knowledge he had, and contributions he made for the spec.
    Nothing to discredit Landsoul of course, but Landsoul in generel is irrelevant to the discussion because one can't use something some guy might have said nearly a decade ago in the context of the time as an argument in the present, nor is one guys subjective opinion relevant as a fact in what is ultimately a subjective discussion. Fanboying over players as the basis of an argument is utterly ridiculous.

Aside to that. Interesting that you have my quote in your sig, my statement is correct. To use names, Warriorsaari, Archi and a shitload of other players (myself included) posted regularly on these boards during the MOP-Legion alpha/beta phase of the game where the majority of theorycrafting discussion played out right here on the boards in threads that spanned hundreds of pages (as apposed to this one which has just 13). The information found here on the boards was often months ahead of what turned up on sites like Icyveins... So yes, MMO champ was the cente of WoW theorycrafting, for quite a few specs after the death of EJ.

And built around the discussion many of the best and most up to date guides and discussion pages were hosted here. It was only the popularity of the Skyhold Discord channel that changed that during early Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    I disagree with that statement. but we've already had that discussion .
    In Cataclysm, I only really raided in T11 (briefly) and T13 (cleared) but I recall Fury being clearly ahead of Arms in the first tier, in Firelands I recall Fury being overpowered or borderline overpowered and that's why it got nerfed for Dragon Soul. Also if I remember correctly Arms got a lot of attention given to it for the Dragon Soul patch and it wasn't just simple buffs, it wasn't until 4.3 DS that we really saw people playing Arms.

Fury was still decent in Dragon Soul, but Arms was exceptional and so Fury fell to the wayside after dominating the rest of the expansion.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-07-27 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    In Cataclysm, I only really raided in T11 (briefly) and T13 (cleared) but I recall Fury being clearly ahead of Arms in the first tier, in Firelands I recall Fury being overpowered or borderline overpowered and that's why it got nerfed for Dragon Soul. Also if I remember correctly Arms got a lot of attention given to it for the Dragon Soul patch and it wasn't just simple buffs, it wasn't until 4.3 DS that we really saw people playing Arms.

Fury was still decent in Dragon Soul, but Arms was exceptional and so Fury fell to the wayside after dominating the rest of the expansion.
    Cataclysm was when I raided the most, and I played Arms all three tiers, trying Fury in full gear in FL for a few timers because Landsoul kept talking about it. It wasn't overpowered. Landsoul got rank 1 on Baleroc for a few days, then proceeded to get smashed by Enk, who got 40k (which was crazy) as Arms. I was applying in Wraith at the time, and every Warrior there played Arms as it performed as well as Fury (if not better), was a lot more enjoyable, and especially more reliable. Fury was great for Bethi'lac though.

In T11, a lot of the top EU warriors played Arms too, I know Sevj did, and he constantly beat Landsoul who was playing Fury. Fury was ahead on paper until DS though, but it was also a time where we didn't have the tools we have now, so who knows if it truly was. In practice, I know that Arms performed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Cataclysm was when I raided the most, and I played Arms all three tiers, trying Fury in full gear in FL for a few timers because Landsoul kept talking about it. It wasn't overpowered. Landsoul got rank 1 on Baleroc for a few days, then proceeded to get smashed by Enk, who got 40k (which was crazy) as Arms. I was applying in Wraith at the time, and every Warrior there played Arms as it performed as well as Fury (if not better), was a lot more enjoyable, and especially more reliable. Fury was great for Bethi'lac though.

In T11, a lot of the top EU warriors played Arms too, I know Sevj did, and he constantly beat Landsoul who was playing Fury. Fury was ahead on paper until DS though, but it was also a time where we didn't have the tools we have now, so who knows if it truly was. In practice, I know that Arms performed as well.
    Fairplay I can't argue with that, infact it's an interesting insight for a time where my activity with the game was more sporadic. I quit during T11 due to my old PC not being able to really handle all the big effects in 25man raiding, running often below 10 fps in BWD. Then bought a new PC in the summer of 2011, got boosted some Firelands and started to catch up on the game and then back to raiding for Dragon Soul where I moved slowly from Fury to Arms, which I have mained since.

That said I do feel the general playerbase fielded a lot more Fury Warriors than Arms prior to DS, that is what I saw during that time. As for the original discussion, I always felt Cataclysm Fury was very easy due to how forgiving it was, save for maybe early T11 progression times you were swimming in rage and that took a lot away from any difficulty that any complexity could add since it ultimately boiled down to spamming. A lot of spamming and a good splash of RNG could deliver some really high ranking results where RNG felt like it went above and beyond overall skill in terms of relevance to parsing on more static type fights, and the skill on more opportunistic fights revolved more around general WoW skill (in terms of timing/placement/strategy) rather than individual spec mastery.

i really like the idea of furious strikes and every bit of haste makes the rotation feel fluid but it is not a fun button to press at all

i understand it's purpose to replace WW for single target but would much rather see WW turn into wildstrike and just have WW properties like arms CS turning into an AoE with a talent

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Fairplay I can't argue with that, infact it's an interesting insight for a time where my activity with the game was more sporadic. I quit during T11 due to my old PC not being able to really handle all the big effects in 25man raiding, running often below 10 fps in BWD. Then bought a new PC in the summer of 2011, got boosted some Firelands and started to catch up on the game and then back to raiding for Dragon Soul where I moved slowly from Fury to Arms, which I have mained since.

That said I do feel the general playerbase fielded a lot more Fury Warriors than Arms prior to DS, that is what I saw during that time. As for the original discussion, I always felt Cataclysm Fury was very easy due to how forgiving it was, save for maybe early T11 progression times you were swimming in rage and that took a lot away from any difficulty that any complexity could add since it ultimately boiled down to spamming. A lot of spamming and a good splash of RNG could deliver some really high ranking results where RNG felt like it went above and beyond overall skill in terms of relevance to parsing on more static type fights, and the skill on more opportunistic fights revolved more around general WoW skill (in terms of timing/placement/strategy) rather than individual spec mastery.
    You're American too, right? When we discussed it last time with Seramore, we pretty much came to the conclusion that it must be a difference between EU and NA. Like in Legion where hunters preferred MM in EU while BM was more popular in NA (at least, that's what I've heard, haven't lived in Europe for a long time now).

As for T11, I remember my first Nefarian pull and my game crashing because of Electrocute lol.

Just a humble question: Could a moderator please clear up this topic? I don't see any relations between

[8.0] Battle of Azeroth Fury discussion thread

and

the moystly private discussion of two users which warrior spec war superior some years (about 7?) ago.

I would be happy to so more of the origin topic, especialy form the involved users because they seem to be competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Just a humble question: Could a moderator please clear up this topic? I don't see any relations between

[8.0] Battle of Azeroth Fury discussion thread

and

the moystly private discussion of two users which warrior spec war superior some years (about 7?) ago.

I would be happy to so more of the origin topic, especialy form the involved users because they seem to be competent.
    Yes what really adds to a dead discussion topic about the game is a backseat moderator asking for discussion to be removed for fear of it being offtopic. If you want to discuss the topic at hand then discuss the topic at hand rather than criticising people for engaging in discussion where past specs are compared to the current specs in what was an otherwise dead topic.

real smart doubling down on remaining off topic

as for fury in 8.0, what are the chances of meat cleaver being used in BFA. i have come to really like pressing WW and i think our cleave mechanics are much more fun than the old RB cleave but i feel that buffing WW in AoE situations to try and make it compete with bladestorm is the wrong way to go about things

during AoE WW already gives pretty good rage and i feel you can keep up enrage through cleaving rampages so a 10% chance to enrage off WW seems redundant. no ideas what else it could be but i feel that that bit of the tooltip is wasted real estate

i guess the enrage is a nice buff when it happens but we no longer get our rotation allowed by enrage. you'd still be pressing BT in the AOE situation so it's not like our enrage uptime has a large drop off when more targets are added to the mix.

what if it increased the % of cleaved damage or added more targets.
    Last edited by regularspecial; 2018-07-30 at 07:07 PM.

nvm i am stupid :P
    Last edited by bambule; 2018-07-31 at 01:08 AM.

As a player just returning after not playing for 2 years and not playing Warrior for about 4. I am wondering why everyone is telling me they are in a bad place? Besides the rotation being simple and CD management being the same I dont see how as the dps is still good so far, even for someone like me who is only ilvl220 doing 3-4k and in some cases higher is reasonable for the current Normal and Heroic raid correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxty View Post
    As a player just returning after not playing for 2 years and not playing Warrior for about 4. I am wondering why everyone is telling me they are in a bad place? Besides the rotation being simple and CD management being the same I dont see how as the dps is still good so far, even for someone like me who is only ilvl220 doing 3-4k and in some cases higher is reasonable for the current Normal and Heroic raid correct?
    Most of the discussion is centered around how the spec plays and functions mechanically, not performance. Also, I can't confirm it personally because I'm also like you coming back after about 16-18 months away and I haven't played the beta, but I'm told Fury performance at 120 is subpar compared to Arms. The opposite is true at level 110 because we have end-expansion level stats and legendaries that will be losing access to, then we have azerite armor being added to the equation.

Performance at 110 is fairly irrelevant, which is why discussion is largely centered around gameplay mechanics.

So anyone have any idea what stat weights will be like fresh 120? Will carnage still be preferred etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    So anyone have any idea what stat weights will be like fresh 120? Will carnage still be preferred etc
    Stat weights at 120 are very likely to be just as valuable in BfA as they were in Legion. As in they won't be, and you'll continue to worry about just constantly simming gear and using what sims best. As for talent sims, those should be out in the coming weeks after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Well apparently by blizz ilvl = king,so doesnt matter what stats are on item aslong as ilvl is bigger lols. Hope not tho cuz they can just make STAT and thats it

Guys one question, i tried Fury on the Alpha for a bit and it seamed fine and fun. To be honest i dont play warrior dps since the end of BC, my question is will be viable in raids? And what about tanking? I did not tried it on the Alpha but i heard is in a bad state. What you guys think will be a good choice to main since it's been so long that i actually played it.