Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Guys one question, i tried Fury on the Alpha for a bit and it seamed fine and fun. To be honest i dont play warrior dps since the end of BC, my question is will be viable in raids? And what about tanking? I did not tried it on the Alpha but i heard is in a bad state. What you guys think will be a good choice to main since it's been so long that i actually played it.
    it seems like a better version of what legion fury was

Got a quick question and don't want to make a separate thread.

I've been reading various guides on Fury for BFA, and in most of them Raging Blow at 2 charges is treated differently than a Raging Blow at 1 charge. So for example in Icy Veins it states the following priority:

Cast Raging Blow when at two charges.
    Cast Bloodthirst on cooldown.
    Cast Dragon Roar during Enrage
    Cast Raging Blow for Rage.

I have looked through the guide and I have also checked the tooltips in game. I fail to see how they are different. There seems to be absolutely no difference between casting raging blow at 2 charges vs. casting it at just 1 charge. And yet, the guides state that you should only use Raging Blow when at 2 charges, and when it's only 1 charge, other things take priority. Can anyone explain why?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

I've been reading various guides on Fury for BFA, and in most of them Raging Blow at 2 charges is treated differently than a Raging Blow at 1 charge. So for example in Icy Veins it states the following priority:

I have looked through the guide and I have also checked the tooltips in game. I fail to see how they are different. There seems to be absolutely no difference between casting raging blow at 2 charges vs. casting it at just 1 charge. And yet, the guides state that you should only use Raging Blow when at 2 charges, and when it's only 1 charge, other things take priority. Can anyone explain why?
    Because using another spell has a chance to give you a free RB, so you want to have the "space" for that proc when you cast other spells.

BT has a 4.5 second cooldown where as RB has an 8 second cooldown (or recharge) with a 20% chance to reset itself (other abilities do not reset RB).

The goal is to avoid delaying the use of BT by casting a second RB since you want to keep a cooldown recharge ticking on both abilities. Of course RNG can actually save you with that 20% to reset on RB (an occasional lifeline allowing some leeway). if RB doesn't reset, for every time you delay BT while RB has less than 2 stacks you lose 1 GCD worth of damage, do it 3 times and you've lost 1 BT worth of damage (and chance to proc enrage).

At 2 RB stacks it's just sitting there not recharging, over a fight that's wasting you uses, at 1 RB stacks it's recharging and you're able to maximise your overall usage. So aim to always keep both abilities recharging (aka BT is on cooldown, RB on less than 2 stacks).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-08-07 at 01:40 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Thank you, it's more clear now

10+ Year Old Account

In short, it's because you don't want to waste any charges. It's not strong enough to instantly drop both stacks of the ability, but making sure the second charge is always on cooldown to not waste any uses holds a higher priority.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-08-07 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    So I'm at the point where I can acquire some Legendary equips yet I'm not sure which ones to get, I'm mostly hovering between a choice of four. I should add I'm not planning to invest in BfA immediately so superior gearing being right around the corner doesn't really apply to myself; I kinda want to use the remaining days of Legion to have a little fun in PVP.

I was thinking the Magnum Opus, Aggramar's Stride, the Valajar Beserkers or the one that heals 1% of maximum health per 10 points of rage consumed. Any thoughts on what to wast... use this Wakening Essense on?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiela View Post
    So I'm at the point where I can acquire some Legendary equips yet I'm not sure which ones to get, I'm mostly hovering between a choice of four. I should add I'm not planning to invest in BfA immediately so superior gearing being right around the corner doesn't really apply to myself; I kinda want to use the remaining days of Legion to have a little fun in PVP.

I was thinking the Magnum Opus, Aggramar's Stride, the Valajar Beserkers or the one that heals 1% of maximum health per 10 points of rage consumed. Any thoughts on what to wast... use this Wakening Essense on?

Thanks!
    For PVE there are 2 clear winners: helm and legs. For pvp i just put on best deffensive ones which are pyridaz and healing bracers. and yes healing bracers very good fury because of the high rage generation. each rampage heals you 7-8% health.

crit haste for prepatch but is haste mastery the way to go at 120 ?

Hey guy, I am new to fury.

I notice fury's auto attack will give you random amount of fury (maybe crit auto give more)

but I can't find this information anywhere, spell book and guide.

anyone know the detail about auto attack give fury resource ? do it happen to fury only or all 3 spec ?

- - - Updated - - -

another question aboutfury's AoE.

if you have to spam 2 melee ability for every WW, for example:

(Bloodthirst is ready every 3 GCD, Rampage is ready every 5-6 GCD, Execute ready every 4 GCD)

Round 1: after WW.. Rampage is ready, Bloodthirst is up and Raging Blow on 2 charge. since Bloodthirst is better than Raging Blow so you skip Raging Blow on this round
    Round 2: after WW.. Execute is ready, Bloodthirst up again and Raging Blow still on 2 charge.... and we skip Raging Blow again !!??
    Round 3: after WW.. Rampage up again, Bloodthirst up again and Raging Blow still on 2 charge.... and we skip Raging Blow again !!??
    Round 4: after WW.. Execute is ready, Bloodthirst up again and Raging Blow still on 2 charge.... and we skip Raging Blow again !!??

do it mean we will never cast raging blow in AOE during execute phase ?

- - - Updated - - -

I am agree with you, Raging Blow never reach 2 charge unless it is start of fight.

if Bloodthirst up and raging blow on 2 charge, then you should cast Bloodthirst anyway, so "Cast Raging Blow when at two charges." is bullshit.

the priority should be simple as Rampage> Execute > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow, does't matter how many charge on Raging Blow it still dead last

now the question is where is position for "Dragon Roar during Enrage" , before execute or after execute ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    does't matter how many charge on Raging Blow it still dead last
    Maybe after we lose legendaries. But right now there is too much rage and high Enrage uptime so RB is slightly better to use even when there is only one charge of it. Both on ST and AOE.

random question not necessarily related to Fury but what professions are you guys going with?

during moments of high rage income, does RB replace BT?

i feel like enrage uptime during an extended reck from reckless abandon + sudden death procs giving tons of rage at the start of a fight feels pretty good

right now i'm RBing between rampages; very often you are able to cap on rage with 1 global between rampages due to the leggo pants and the increased gain. is it better to press RB for more damage over fishing for enrage procs due to being able to enrage every other global?

seems like its only during lust or a troll racial reck so not exactly super common but i feel like its also relevant if we ever end up running meat cleaver.

edit: nvm, answered above. is this because of the legs and 110 scaling weirdness?

also, do the rampage azerite traits effectively mirror our current legs? i know the rage values are lower but with stacking are the results similar?

i think it feels really good to rampage back to back and its kind of the most interesting thing going on in the spec
    Last edited by regularspecial; 2018-08-12 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    the priority should be simple as Rampage> Execute > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow, [B]does't matter how many charge on Raging Blow it still dead last
    Why would you cast Bloodthirst over Raging Blow when you are already enraged? Raging Blow deals more damage and generates more rage. When you cast Bloodthirst over Raging Blow and do not (re)enrage and do not get enough rage for a subsequent Rampage, it seems to ve the wrong button pressed here for me?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    random question not necessarily related to Fury but what professions are you guys going with?
    Herb/alch so i can make my own pots and flasks. safes me quite some gold which i do not have =).

Deleted
    Am I doing something wrong or is Fury DPS just trash compared to arms?

In PVE I kill mobs much faster and do much better DPS in arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    Am I doing something wrong or is Fury DPS just trash compared to arms?

In PVE I kill mobs much faster and do much better DPS in arms.
    Is your enrage uptime low or not being used properly? If your starting with zero rage it does take a few hits to get going in fury but once its going, its pretty strong.

I was about to ask the same question. Currently ilvl325, I am doing pretty shit dmg w/o execute procs. It's inconsistent.

Fury isn't performing amazingly right now, so it is kind of normal to not see great numbers. Which makes sense since it is such a Haste-reliant spec and our Haste levels are shockingly low until about 340. Once we have the Haste for decent Rage generation things should be looking up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that Fury is necessarily weak, it's just that Arms is a very strong spec right now. Obviously Fury will be nice once our stats start picking up a bit, but in comparison to other classes it's pretty good. Keep in mind that we're also currently looking at dungeon specs and Arms has a very good dungeon kit. Fury was looking like it did pretty good numbers during recent raid testings and proper gear sets.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-08-17 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    It's not that Fury is necessarily weak, it's just that Arms is a very strong spec right now. Obviously Fury will be nice once our stats start picking up a bit, but in comparison to other classes it's pretty good. Keep in mind that we're also currently looking at dungeon specs and Arms has a very good dungeon kit. Fury was looking like it did pretty good numbers during recent raid testings and proper gear sets.
    Pretty much this. I was doing well as Fury, but Arms is just that much better right now. Also a lot more interesting to play IMHO.