Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[8.0] Battle of Azeroth Protection discussion thread

With Battle of Azeroth announced, let's keep all the relevant information regarding Prot Warriors in this thread!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

They will probably block stuff

Neltharions Fury

The new talent no one will ever use.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Ignore pain reworked and a lot of other stuff - from the demo floor testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prot changes for the firewall-hampered people
    Battle Cry: Renamed to Recklessness.
    Commanding Shout: Renamed to Rallying Cry.

NEW Rallying Cry: Lets loose a commanding shout, granting all party or raid members within 30 yards 15% increased maximum health for 10 sec. After this effect expires, the health is lost.

Shockwave: Sends a wave of force in a frontal cone, causing damage and stunning all enemies within 10 yards for 3 2 sec. Cooldown reduced by 20 sec if it strikes at least 3 targets.

Ignore Pain: Fight through the pain, ignoring 90% of the next up to [(22.3) * Attack power * (1 + Versatility)] damage you take from any sources, based on Rage spent. for the next 4 sec, causing 60% of damage taken to reduce your Rage instead.

Defensive Stance: A tanking combat stance that decreases damage taken, increases threat generation, and causes you to generate 3 Rage from damage taken instead of dealt. whenever you are hit by a melee attack.

Thunder Clap: Blasts all enemies within 8 yards for (300% of Attack power) damage and reduces their movement speed by 50% 20% for 10 sec.

Shield Slam: Slams the target with your shield, causing Physical damage. Devastate, Thunder Clap, and Revenge have a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Shield Slam. Generates 20 15 Rage.

Shield Block: Raise your shield, blocking every melee attack against you for 6 4 sec. These blocks can be critical blocks. Increases Shield Slam damage by 30% while active.

Demoralizing Shout: Demoralizes all enemies within 10 yards, reducing the damage they do to you by 20% for 8 sec. 1 1.5 min cooldown.

Vengeance: Ignore Pain reduces the Rage cost of your next Revenge by 35% 33%, and Revenge reduces the Rage cost of your next Ignore Pain by 35% 33%.

Indomitable: Increases your maximum health by 20%, and the maximum effect of Ignore Pain by 20%.

Never Surrender: Ignore Pain will ignore up to 100% more damage, based on your missing health. now ignores an additional 20% damage.

Devastator: Your auto attacks deal additional Physical damage, generate 5 2 Rage, and have a 30% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Shield Slam.
    "Reduce your rage" is... vague? Did anyone try it out at Blizzcon?

The AE stun changes are nerfs across the board for all classes.
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2017-11-06 at 04:46 PM.

This change alone took all enjoyment away from my tanking warrior. I know Ignore Pain was discussed much, but this makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This change alone took all enjoyment away from my tanking warrior. I know Ignore Pain was discussed much, but this makes it even worse.
    What change? The Ignore Pain one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, so prot will be shit the next expansion. This gets worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Everything needs to be taken with a mountain of salt. I see those changes as "we're thinking about going in this direction, please provide feedback".

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Everything needs to be taken with a mountain of salt. I see those changes as "we're thinking about going in this direction, please provide feedback".
    Hopefully this time people will be critical and the calls of "Dont be so critical, theres still time to change!" are stifled.

That and blizzard actually take feedback into consideration, rather than admit a few months down the line that they ignored it.

It's confirmed guys, not even in the Alpha yet but Prot is gonna be shit next expansion so just pack your bags it's over.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's confirmed guys, not even in the Alpha yet but Prot is gonna be shit next expansion so just pack your bags it's over.
    Can you blame people for being pessimistic given how the Legion alpha/beta was treated? You know, that thing where blizz asked for feedback, then blatantly stated they ignored it after release.

I don't know why everyone is so salty ive had a warrior main since the beginning of Pandaland and I see this as an ok thing, The ignore pain change also implys no rage cost to use it just uses rage as you get hit. so the better you are at generating rage the better you are at mitigating.

the change to how rage is generated on melee attacks vs random damage taken is also a plus for me.

I for one will be playing my warrior more if this is where the changes take us. I don't understand why everyone is so salty. warrior pride ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Sinxala View Post
    the change to how rage is generated on melee attacks vs random damage taken is also a plus for me.
    Have you tanked Kil'Jaeden on Heroic or higher? Imagine you only got 3 rage every two seconds from his huge, slow melee hits and fel claws, wouldn't be that nice honestly... Couple that with the nerf to Shield Block uptime (will end up < 50% sustained uptime probably) and bosses like him that take you to 20% HP with a regular unblocked auto attack will be really fun to tank.

Last edited by Stallion; 2017-11-07 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion
    In return, we increased the duration of Guardian Druid's already 100% uptime active mitigation to make it even easier for infants to tank while asleep.
    I LOL'ed IRL. Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Stallion
    We liked how the very limited active mitigation uptime on Protection Paladins in Legion allowed them to be one of the smoothest, sturdiest tanks and subsequently being one of the highest sought after tanks.
    Ouch, man, ouch. As a prot paladin main for most of Legion - ouch man. The feels

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Can you blame people for being pessimistic given how the Legion alpha/beta was treated? You know, that thing where blizz asked for feedback, then blatantly stated they ignored it after release.
    Of course it's true that most of the feedback gets ignored, but from my perspective Prot turned out pretty good in Legion despite the early concerns.. I really enjoyed the launch version of Prot, had a blast tanking dungeons with it. It really is silly to get pissed off here, it's like every time people want to take it one step further, at this rate we will have people being pissed off about a spec a full expansion in advance.

If it's shit in the alpha then be pissed off in the alpha, if it's still shit in the beta then be pissed off... But it will no doubt go through many changes during the testing period, it's really silly to be calling game over already in the pre-alpha.

I agree with bigbazz ,

Everyone is getting all Afro over early pre alpha changes and while I look forward to how much fun I could have some people are freaking out about heroic boss mechanics that will be 2 raid tiers behind when this change goes live.

As always it will work itself out just let it happen and what a lot of people always forget to mention is they let EVERYONE into legion beta and got really bad beta feedback. People who have never beta tested before were giving feedback like “buff this because I’m not broken I don’t wanna have to try” and the point of a beta is to find bugs see if all the content is working and see if abilities and interactions are enormously underpowered or over and in need of tweaking.

So with blizzard being inundated with really poor beta feedback and 98% of their feedback was stuff the developers couldn’t use of course they said they ignored most of it, it wasn’t helpful.

That’s why BFA beta will be a lot more limited.

They will give beta keys out. New content tested tested and retested and given proper feedback that the deva can use to make he game better.

Back to my original point above, the new changes look fun, and I can’t wait

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Of course it's true that most of the feedback gets ignored, but from my perspective Prot turned out pretty good in Legion despite the early concerns.. I really enjoyed the launch version of Prot, had a blast tanking dungeons with it. It really is silly to get pissed off here, it's like every time people want to take it one step further, at this rate we will have people being pissed off about a spec a full expansion in advance.

If it's shit in the alpha then be pissed off in the alpha, if it's still shit in the beta then be pissed off... But it will no doubt go through many changes during the testing period, it's really silly to be calling game over already in the pre-alpha.
    I suppose its the issue in that its pretty much just a blatantly bad idea from the get go for myriad reasons, so why would they ever think to have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I suppose its the issue in that its pretty much just a blatantly bad idea from the get go for myriad reasons, so why would they ever think to have it?
    I dunno, Blizz being Blizz. They have had a lot of really good and really bad ideas in the past, I think they just throw stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
    Have you tanked Kil'Jaeden on Heroic or higher? Imagine you only got 3 rage every two seconds from his huge, slow melee hits and fel claws, wouldn't be that nice honestly... Couple that with the nerf to Shield Block uptime (will end up < 50% sustained uptime probably) and bosses like him that take you to 20% HP with a regular unblocked auto attack will be really fun to tank.

The translation with salt is awesome.

Btw I feel that these changes are only for the sake of change. Don't fix something that is not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    I walk into every new patch and xpac expecting to be the worst tank. As long I have the ability to go ZOOM and smash things in the face with my shield, I will be reasonably content.