Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah, but people were talking playing solo ON BNET, not in single player. And in that situation, /players 8 isn't applicable.
    Fair enough.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The OLD blizzard company structure was that the core of the company was battle.net. Bnet was basically the discord of its time in the 1990s. Kids logged onto bnet and chatted. Bnet funnelled traffic to all of their games. Someone playing brood wars would hop over to d2 and maybe to war3. It was very social.

Blizzard dismantled the entire social structure and demoted bnet to basically a launcher. Its much more cumbersome and unwieldy to have an intergame community that hops between games. They dismantled most of the social elements of their games. All of their titles suffer for it. Gamers have not changed at ALL and sought to build communities elsewhere and eventually it all refrmed on discord. The key difference is discord is not owned by blizzard so blizzard cannot use it to drive traffic to their games.

Blizzard is basically competing with discord. Blizzard needs to build a version of discord that is FULLY integrated into all of their titles so tha it is easily used for communication. However, im not sure they have the expertise to pull that off. They dont seem to understand why social is good so they might make an attempt and add a bunch of poor elements to it.

Finally you have to wonder when the people who own discord might realize they have a massive captive audience and begin to publish their own games and integrate them into discord and basically do to blizzard what blizzard once did to everyone else.
    You mean like the Social tab in the launcher that nobody uses?

Also I don't buy your argument. I don't know a single soul who used bnet for anything other than as a stepping stone in getting into games.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    PvP had literally no structure other "flag yourself hostile and beat up people" that most of the time ended in a lvl 99 jumping into random games and killing everyone until everyone got used to set passwords to their games. The whole PvP scene though was brought up by the community itself, so there's nothing D2 did more than D3 on this aspect.
    I spent hours and hours PVPing in D2. They pretty much never ended in a "lvl 99 jumping into random games and killing everyone". That's PKing, which is a different matter, and not a major issue(outside of hardcore, where they used hacks) and on more than one occasion, a PKer joined my Baal or Chaos run games and got absolutely stomped by me or whichever of my friends was running with me. The problems in actual PvP games were when some asshole would join, jump others who were already weakened, then town guarding and corpse camping to prevent players from getting their bodies. Of course, that wasn't infallible, and I killed plenty of people doing just that(fun fact-townguarding by spamming fireball and meteor doesn't do much to stop me from strolling out and murdering you once I throw on my 95% fire resist and 40% fire absorb gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You mean like the Social tab in the launcher that nobody uses?

Also I don't buy your argument. I don't know a single soul who used bnet for anything other than as a stepping stone in getting into games.
    There were tons of large communities on battle net. SK gaming, XDs, X17, the Amazon basin, nohunters, NWTR, moo, TL, motel, )v(, dM, swarm

And I'm forgetting so many.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There were tons of large communities on battle net. SK gaming, XDs, X17, the Amazon basin, nohunters, NWTR, moo, TL, motel, )v(, dM, swarm

And I'm forgetting so many.
    The only ones of those I've heard of are SK Gaming and Amazon Basin, and I only know of AB cause way back in the day I was a regular on the D2 usenet group, it was a small usenet group but most of the members were part of AB. Never would have heard of them just from in game/Bnet activity.

Deleted
    I've been watching some MDI and come to a conclusion that it's basically 5man GR. I wonder if they could find 16 people for 4x4 teams and do such event for Diablo GR fast clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, pretty much. D3 has on the good side the combat flow and animations that look incredibly cool and fluid. Combat itself is very entertaining.

The problem is that there was/is no purpose in doing anything in game. Item hunt is non-existant, all you do is pushing GRs for the sake of it and get that +0.5% more damage or if you're luky an item which is the same you're using but with slightly better stats.

Not exactly the best incentive.
    D3 feels like an arcade right now. Which is the exact opposite of what it should feel like

D3 panel will be 'GEEK IS'
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    D3 feels like an arcade right now. Which is the exact opposite of what it should feel like
    Yeah, basically. Again, everything but the playstyle feels just wrong/boring/repetitive as hell - and i'm not talking about farming content over and over, i farmed 2 grandfathers with my barb in D2 because reasons.

It isn't even a glorified slot machine; loot hunt ends so fast and then it's just "upgrade your gems HURR"
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.