Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    can't wait to revisit all the old zones. I'll be playing it all my remaining life

Another "the game was garbage back then and you're all not going to like it" post. This is going to be just as amusing as when blizzard shut down nost. Let the salt flow through you.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Yah I didn't really mean to be so negative, but now that I'm an adult I don't have the time to run in circles around Un'Goro anymore.
    Well don't play it then. I'm sure the current expansion will cater to your needs.

7+ Year Old Account
    nostalgia is a hell of a drug..
    You come get the voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    People will play to level 20 and then quit the classic server for good. the remainders will be 2 people competing for grand marshal.

mark my words.
    Yeah, just like how Nost was so dead and not overflowing with people before it got shut down.

Prophet Shnider.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with your sentiment but..

If geared in normal questing greens you only wanted to fight one mob at a time, and it took about twenty seconds to kill a mob. A mage fighting one mob would probably use three-quarters of his mana.
    This is just wrong.

I honestly don't get why people love classic so much. Sure, it was great back then because it was the best at the time, but I'd never go back. The rep grinds were so bad that to this day, I still hate grinding reps even though it's a billion times easier than it used to be, among a billion other issues I have with how the game was.

You know what I actually do miss, though? My guilds. If I could get all those people back together, I wouldn't care if I'm playing literally the worst game in the universe. It would make the experience amazing for me.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    You're so negative.

I can't WAIT to spend hours and hours running up and down Darkshore trying to find near invisible quest items.
    I miss the days spamming chat for literally hours, trying to find groups for Sunken Temple, and then when you all get there somebody pulls out so you have to fly back to the cities again to start the whole process again.
    That's the spirit!

Half of people who pick warriors are going to give up by level 10.

I'm curious to see if they will actually put money where their mouth is. From what I'm seeing, that isn't really the case.

Deleted
    If it gets back old players and increases revue that will (theoretically) be funneled in Bfa (since once classic servers are up and running they shouldn't have new content made) I'm game

More like 30 hours plus a week hard.core raiding.

My raid week was this
    Weds was Progression raid night, this was aq40 until Naxx came out.
    Thurs More progression.
    Friday was AQ20
    Sat was ZG20
    Sun was off day.
    Mon Full BWL clear for loot.
    Tues Ony and full MC clear and maybe other outdoor raid bosses.

Started at 7pm gmt until 12am.

Rest of the time was spent farming mats and running noobs through Strat/Scholo for gold.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Wait, the game was challenging? You actually had to put some effort into it? Things took time? Community mattered? Things weren't handed to you on a silver platter?

FANTASTIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Another "the game was garbage back then and you're all not going to like it" post. This is going to be just as amusing as when blizzard shut down nost. Let the salt flow through you.

Well don't play it then. I'm sure the current expansion will cater to your needs.
    Yeah. You would think they'd be off happily playing the one button mash game called current WoW instead. Sad, they just cant seem to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post

Just like the trolls who said the same kinda stuff when RS 2007 came out. How did that work out again? Oh yeah!

Typical legacy server hater here. I KNOW (as an all knowing god) that the people who wanted legacy servers will find out that it is a bad game. Factually, vanilla is a bad game. Anyone to oppose me is a n00b.

Don't get me wrong, the leveling experience in vanilla has a certain "adventurousness" to it that cannot be matched, and I'll be playing it for that reason. But holy shit.... I can't wait to see 99% of these people quit after realizing how terrible of an experience most of the game was back then.

The raids were difficult? Uh.... no... they were not.... like not at all. Each fight has 1-2 simple mechanics. The only reason it was "difficult" back then is because no one knew what they were doing and most people did about 1/4th of the damage their character was capable of.

If you are in that 1% and actually make it to level 60, you'll have a good time doing some dungeons and clearing MC the first night it opens, and then realize that you don't want to run MC for 4 more months, hoping you'll get an upgrade once every 2 months. It is for this very reason the retention rate was extremely low on Nostalrius, and it won't be much higher on actual Blizzard servers.

Well considering I've played Everquest, PSO and FF11 I think I'll be able to handle Vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Half of people who pick warriors are going to give up by level 10.
    Haha yep. But those warriors who are brave enough to get past level 10 will be rewarded in the late game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Wait, the game was challenging? You actually had to put some effort into it? Things took time? Community mattered? Things weren't handed to you on a silver platter?

FANTASTIC.
    Please stop. You're scaring all the anti-social, instant gratification kiddies with that kind of talk. They're already crying enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few things:
    *Running for water to cleanse the runes in molten core
    *Mind control in OG. ( http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Saurfang_facts )
    *Mount grid in winterspring
    *Runecloth
    *New players jumping off the tree (nelf area)
    *Ghoust-cat
    *King of stormwind in prison
    ...and many many more
    My memory is a bit hazy tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!