Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    i just took a random number from the ceiling, i do remember epic pvp geared warriors having ~3k AP, so... there is that. it doesn't really matter because i just wanted to see difference between damage and threat between different kinds of weapon
    That must have been TBC numbers, because 2k AP was high-end T6 gear level for a rogue. And the more AP you add, the less the fixed additionnal threat count for HS, so it's a pretty important part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    In reality, Classic was superior in almost every way to current WoW (if you prefer depth, nuance, way more RPG elements, actual choice, superior character customization, etc.)
    I'm playing on a Private server atm, its fucking great. I at 5 days played and im only lvl 46. Thats me playing in my spare time, I finally got enough money for my mount at level 43. Sure Vanilla has its flaws but thats what made the game great. I spent 30 minutes waiting for a damn respawn last night and made friends with a few guys who were waiting for the same mob. The thing that annoys me the most out of ANYTHING, you dismount when you hit the water, so annoying =). But other than dying more than i ever have since ever? I'm having a great fucking time playing. People need to go try playing on a private server before they even post on here.

Deleted
    ITT: A lot of retail players have spent years telling us all they don't want vanilla, and that "we think we do, but we don't." Now that Blizzard is finally doing vanilla people that never wanted it in the first place are trying to sabotage it. Its sad. Lots of people myself included have been playing unofficial servers for a long time, at this point its just beyond petty to pretend we don't 'know' what we want.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2017-12-01 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    ITT: A lot of retail players have spent years telling us all they don't want vanilla, and that "we think we do, but we don't." Now that Blizzard is finally doing vanilla people that never wanted it in the first place are trying to sabotage it. Its sad. Lots of people myself included have been playing unofficial servers for a long time, at this point its just beyond petty to pretend we don't 'know' what we want.
    Which is dumb. They should be happy. More money for BLizz = faster, better content.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Which is dumb. They should be happy. More money for BLizz = faster, better content.
    The response to this is usually "Blizzard is wasting resources they could use for BfA!", while ofc being absolutely fine with every other project Blizzard has.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    The response to this is usually "Blizzard is wasting resources they could use for BfA!", while ofc being absolutely fine with every other project Blizzard has.

But Vanilla won't require that many resources while generating a ton of money. Anyone who thinks Blizz would've launched Classic without making sure it's profitable is silly. Blizzard are very good at making money.

Deleted
    "I'm attuned!"
    "Yay."

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your point?

Deleted
    I never played on p servers because I dont want to lose a toon with xxx hours spent on it. I played live every xpac, and yeah, I want to play classic servers. I just never saw the point discussing it until the announcement. What I see on threads before the news was "official vanilla servers: yes or not", not "how classic must be". There is no point arguing how classic should be until we know it's coming. And now we know it's coming.

Is your opinion about classic more important or valid than mine because you played p servers?

Is blizzard doing it for player like you or player like me?

Stop thinking classic is made for YOU. Its made for all of us. IDGAF if you played p servers for years.

Quote Originally Posted by killerlee View Post
    The thing that annoys me the most out of ANYTHING, you dismount when you hit the water, so annoying =)
    That's certainly one of the things I don't look forward too ^^
    I still have a tiny pavlovian reflex of cringing each time I'm jumping in water mounted even today, before the neo-cortex tells me "nah it's allright you know".

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with all these "warnings"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    I never played on p servers because I dont want to lose a toon with xxx hours spent on it. I played live every xpac, and yeah, I want to play classic servers. I just never saw the point discussing it until the announcement. What I see on threads before the news was "official vanilla servers: yes or not", not "how classic must be". There is no point arguing how classic should be until we know it's coming. And now we know it's coming.

Is your opinion about classic more important or valid than mine because you played p servers?

Is blizzard doing it for player like you or player like me?

Stop thinking classic is made for YOU. Its made for all of us. IDGAF if you played p servers for years.
    Classic servers are a response to Nostalrius, not retail players that spent years telling us vanilla is bad and that we don't want it. Now these same players - who never wanted the servers in the first place - are trying to sabotage it. Its petty, and pathetic. That's the point.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2017-12-02 at 12:30 AM.

I've played on a Vanilla realm for a week now (level 38 Priest) and while I love how much I have to invest into leveling, making gold and making connections for future dungeons and such there's one thing I don't like: the game was extremely unbalanced and primitive, as a healing priest if a rogue, feral druid or hunter pet was on me I couldn't cast anything because of pushbacks from their attacks. In general the game balance was completely broken and a big majority of specs simply weren't finished.
    This week I've just been reminded over how fun Vanilla was because of the community you had to invest into, the game was broken and unfinished in a lot of areas. That's one of the things I hope blizzard change for the better, they should complete Classic WoW as they intended, visioned or wanted it to be. If Classic is released as it was back before the TBC pre-patch you'll have a lot of negative spam and attention from the 7+ million people who try it while the 100-200k who like it will defend it. Obviously a bad situation!

To name a few big errors...
    Prot paladins didn't have taunt.
    Prot paladins needed spelldamage to increase threat but items with spelldamage never came with defense, a stat tanks needed to not get crushed.
    Ret paladins had like 4 abilities that did damage. (not counting different seals)
    Hunters used mana and would have to use mana pots or feign death to drop combat and drink in the middle of fights.
    Hunters had One spec, marksmanship. The other two were pointless (some BM talents were good for pvp)
    Every single spec that used mana would eventually run out of mana and deal no damage, meaning they were useless if they didn't have mana regen pots, innervate or other ways to regen mana (which only Mages, Warlocks and Druids had)

...I could go on and on.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2017-12-05 at 02:18 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I've played on a Vanilla realm for a week now (level 38 Priest) and while I love how much I have to invest into leveling, making gold and making connections for future dungeons and such there's one thing I don't like: the game was extremely unbalanced and primitive, as a healing priest if a rogue, feral druid or hunter pet was on me I couldn't cast anything because of pushbacks from their attacks. In general the game balance was completely broken and a big majority of specs simply weren't finished.
    This week I've just been reminded over how fun Vanilla was because of the community you had to invest into, the game was broken and unfinished in a lot of areas. That's one of the things I hope blizzard change for the better, they should complete Classic WoW as they intended, visioned or wanted it to be. If Classic is released as it was back before the TBC pre-patch you'll have a lot of negative spam and attention from the 7+ million people who try it while the 100-200k who like it will defend it. Obviously a bad situation!

Prot paladins needed spelldamage to increase threat but items with spelldamage never came with defense, a stat tanks needed to not get crushed.
    Ret paladins had like 4 abilities that did damage. (not counting different seals)
    Hunters used mana and would have to use mana pots or feign death to drop combat and drink in the middle of fights.
    Hunters had One spec, marksmanship. The other two were pointless (some BM talents were good for pvp)
    Every single spec that used mana would eventually run out of mana and deal no damage, meaning they were useless if they didn't have mana regen pots, innervate or other ways to regen mana (which only Mages, Warlocks and Druids had)

...I could go on and on.
    Perhaps you could play retail and let people who want to play vanilla... play vanilla? The whole reason these servers are happening is because of Nostalrius.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2017-12-05 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    Happened to me too, which is why I started often carrying hunter ammo as a rogue.

Which is something I can't wait to get back in WoW Classic. In a multiplayer game you need to have group members rely on each other—in good and in bad. And that means one person can screw up the whole group, but also that another person can save the group from a screwup (as a rogue I was always prepared to blind a mob that got loose and ran for the healer, for example).
    I remember one evening we were doing a guild run and our healer ran oom during a fight. I was on my rogue and happened to have a max 1st aid skill, so I had the (Over vent) tank run from the stuff he was tanking while another in group slowed them, then hit him with a bandage. He jumped back in and was able to continue tanking without dying. I loved moments like that.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Perhaps you could play retail and let people who want to play vanilla... play vanilla? The whole reason these servers are happening is because of Nostalrius.
    Because they see a load of cash coming their way with doubling up on subs more like it

...I could go on and on.
    we found yet another person who didn't play vanilla. seriously, stop commenting. the game you're advocating for is later incarnations of the game we played 13 years ago. Wait, see how it is and make your decision then. I'm balls deep in it. i want it, i loved feeling like every level mattered.

...I could go on and on.
    I have never read so much BS together in one post.

I have done every singe raid in the game except Naxx 40 as a Hunter, and I have never had to feign and drink in the middle of a boss fight. I can't be arsed with the rest of your ignorant BS tbh.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I have never read so much BS together in one post.

I have done every singe raid in the game except Naxx 40 as a Hunter, and I have never had to feign and drink in the middle of a boss fight. I can't be arsed with the rest of your ignorant BS tbh.
    Then you raided after class rewamps.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'll paste my reply here from the thread that got locked...

So I played WoW from launch pretty much straight through 3 expansions. I was one of the few who raided Naxx 40 up to 4H when it was current. We never did kill the last 3 bosses, but I was basically the only mage on the server who had 5 or 6 piece tier 3. I quit somewhere around the middle of Cataclysm, not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I was moving to Asia for a new career. I missed Pandaria (sadly because I love Asian culture), WoD, and most of Legion. So that's 6 years I've been out of the game.

I renewed my sub a weeks ago and made a Pandaren Warrior because I was so lost trying to figure out what to do with my level 85 characters, I figured starting from scratch was best. I was having fun leveling. Although it was beyond easy and I never had to worry about dying, the Pandarin starting zone was fun. Dinged level 20 in less than 2 afternoons of playing, and decided to run Deadmines for some gear. That's where the fun stopped. From the moment of zoning in, to the end boss, it was just a bumrush. Literally, nothing could kill us. I had trouble distinguishing bosses from regular mobs. There was no teamwork. Just 5 strangers mashing their buttons and each getting their own loot after certain mobs.

I never logged in again after that 1 Deadmines run. There was no fun. No social aspect. No teamwork. No RPG aspect to the game.

I later decided to find a way to play Vanilla wow to see if it was just nostalgia or if it really would be more fun than my abysmal Legion experience. And after a few weeks of playing casually, I can say it is superior in almost every way. I'm level 30 currently and having a blast. Quests take time, thought, and strategy to complete. Dungeons are challenging! Even Deadmines requires you to work together as a group to win. It's not streamlined. It's not easy. So each accomplishment you reach, fills you with pride. You fight for bag space (especially as a hunter). You read quest text. You're impressed with the stoylines of the zones you quest through. You have to have a mining pick, skinning knife, or fishing pole in your bags if you want to do those things. You have to use the WHOLE capitol city to train, up your professions, auction items, etc. You have to learn how to use new weapons from weapon trainers.

In short the RPG aspect of the game is back. You're not playing what has essentially been dumbed down to a fantasy FPS like retail WoW has.

So, I'm here to tell you, that the nay sayers are wrong. It's not mere nostalgia. The social aspect of the game is real. On my server already, I know large number of people who I run into looking for the same dungeons or elite quest groups. You quickly learn who is good and who is bad. Who is friendly and who is a jerk. Rivarlies pop up on PvP servers all the time.

This is real WoW. This is what it was at its HEIGHT. When celebrities like Mila Kunis and Vin Diesel played along side us. If you give it a try and don't agree with me, that's fine. But I sincerely believe, Classic wow will remind people what an MMORPG is supposed to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you raided after class rewamps.
    Yep... the guy you quoted doesn't even know how little he knows.

But in ALL likely-hood. Blizz will start Classic on the patch AFTER all the class tunings. There's no reason not to. They were all gradually released over several months. The only viable way to do it now is to make all classes have their tunings already, or release all class tunings in 1 patch at some point.