Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Added that there were no feasts, cauldrons, or warlock closets, and added a little blurb about keyrings.

Also, I remember a fight or two where the boss couldn't use their abilities if they were mana drained...which fights was that?
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-05-05 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if all these have been added...

Hunters couldn't place traps in combat, their ability to do do wasnt until TBC. As someone who is going to play a hunter in Classic WoW I was reminded a few days ago :P

Also to add, when buffing lower level targets you needed to apply their appropriate level of buff.

In game Mail was kept only up to 3 days in vanilla not 30.

No Brewfest or Hallows End as part of the Holiday events. Those were not added until TBC also. There were some holiday events in Vanilla namely Winters Veil, Children's Week and the Love is In the Air to name some.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-05-05 at 08:46 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Make sure he's in <Knights Who Say Ni>

Didn't Vanilla have real Nights and Days, where the game was really much darker during the night?
    I can vaguely remember the sun coming up in Mulgore leveling my first Character.

10+ Year Old Account
    --Automated tools to prevent premades and / or win trading

While win-trading is not a good thing per se, premades was the BEST thing in the entire game. The removal of full-sized premades made me quit a long time and to have premades avaliable again ALONE would be worth anything!

- - - Updated - - -

Lets analyze this, shall we? Mostly personal opinios of course! A LOT I simply don't care about, but most things are a good riddence kind of thing!

There was (were) no:
    --Flight (besides flight paths, which dismounted you at each stop until 1.10) - Neutral/Don't care
    --Dual-specs - Neutral/Don't care
    --Death Knights, Monks, or Demon Hunters - Neutral/Don't care
    --Draenei, Blood Elves, Pandaren, Worgen, or Goblins - Neutral/Don't care
    --Alliance Shamans or Horde Paladins - GOOD, this made the factions stand out a little and it was not just a preference of lore/story, but actual gameplay that made you chose.
    --Jewelcrafting, Inscription, or Archaeology - I will miss archeology but don't care about the others.
    --Outland, Northrend, Pandaria, Draenor, Broken Isles - Neutral/Don't care
    --Cataclysm zones (Hyjal/Vashj'ir/Twilight Highlands/Deepholm/Uldum) - These zones are amazing, but you can't have everything.
    --Cinematics - Good, it just takes away time from actually playing!
    --There were very few in-game “cinematics”, like the ones that introduced the Warlords bad guys - Whats the difference between cinematics and in-game cinematics?
    --World Quests - THANK GOD, this awful grind was a horrible addition.
    --Bonus Zones - These were so boring anyway.
    --Pop-up dialog boxes for world quests (like when Illidan tells you he needs harpies killed) - You mean that annoying fking box that appears and blocks other things I was looking at? Can you disable that crap?
    --LFG - Thank God, this is a disease to the game.
    --LFR - THANK GOD!!!!!! LFR is THE disease to the game!
    --Arenas - - Neutral/Don't care
    --Any battlegrounds besides WSG, AB, and AV - I think these 3 are the best by far, though I will actually miss Isle of Conquest a bit.
    --Modern mechanics that limit the length of WSG or AV matches (AV had no reinforcements, for example) - Which is AMAZING! Long battlegrounds = epicness!!
    --Automated tools to prevent premades and / or win trading - Win trade = bad, but premades = SUPER GOOD which makes it worth it!
    --Difficulty levels for raids - GOOD!!! Difficulty should be divided into raids instead of raids having difficulties. Easier raids and harder raids make the harder more exclusive and cool!
    --Difficulty levels for dungeons - Same as above!
    --Flexible raid sizes - The more, the merrier. Big raids are epic.
    --Modern lockouts (the way LFR/Normal/Heroic are now) - You snooze, you lose! Play from the start and experience it from the beginning. Doing 1 boss here, one boss there, and swapping groups is awful, try leading yourself and replace people 100 times before the end and you know what I mean. Modern lockouts means no dedication!
    --Extending lockouts - Doing the same boss over and over will bore any sane person to death. I HATED when guilds forced me to join extended raids.
    --Mass resurrects - Good removal, fight laziness!
    --Multi-tagging or AoE loot - Again, good, fight laziness!
    --Loot Specs - - Neutral/Don't care
    --Ratings for any stat (it was all listed as "1% crit" or "1% dodge") - Neutral/Don't care
    --Mastery or Masteries - Neutral/Don't care
    --Versatility, Avoidance, Leech - Neutral/Don't care
    --Haste and Speed weren't common stats on gear, but a few things had them, like hunter quivers and some novelty items - Neutral/Don't care
    --Casting while moving (except instants) - Neutral/Don't care
    --Vehicles - Vehicles in WoW and the bosses with them (Malygos, the last boss in Oculos and a few more) are the invention of the devil. I just hope the poor Blizzard employee who added this had a proper exorcism to get the demon who tricked him/her to adding this, removed.
    --Bank access anywhere but cities - Neutral/Don't care
    --Guild banks - Neutral/Don't care
    --Bags larger than 18 slots - My bags are full with rare items and non-toy vanity items. These weren't that common back then, I litterally NEVER had bag issues.
    --Profession bags (until mid-vanilla) - Neutral/Don't care
    --Barber Shops - Neutral/Don't care
    --Dungeon Maps - Neutral/Don't care
    --Feasts - Yeah, lets feed the lazy! Or, lets not...
    --Cauldrons - Same as above.
    --Warlock Closets - A warlock closet? I don't play warlock, I have no idea what this is.
    --Respawn "checkpoints" in dungeons or raids - Good! Fight laziness!
    --Cross-realm or bind-on-account anything. Friends, heirlooms, etc., although BGs were X-realm in 1.12. - If you wanna reroll, put in the work!
    --Auction Houses anywhere but Ironforge, Orgrimmar, or Gadgetzan (at launch)- Neutral/Don't care
    --Server transfers* - Neutral/Don't care
    --Transmog - This is the ONLY thing I will REALLY MISS! But oh well, at least most vanilla sets looked great!
    --Bloodlust / Heroism - Neutral/Don't care
    --Target Dummies - Neutral/Don't care
    --Death Recaps - If you don't know why you died or what killed you, maybe you should not play the game...
    --Enchanting vellums - Neutral/Don't care
    --Currency Tab - Neutral/Don't care
    --Tracking fish on the minimap - Neutral/Don't care
    --Way to report trade chat spam (in the very beginning) - Neutral/Don't care
    --Catchup mechanics* - GOOD! Fight god damn laziness!
    --Warforging, Titanforging, or Reforging - FK YES! These things are a disease to the game as well. RNG IS ALWAYS A BAD THING!
    --Achievements - "Link achiv or no invite" is a disease as well, that needs to be eliminated. FK achievements, may they burn in hell!
    --Discord - This is not in-game, you can still use this.
    --Wowarmory - Neutral/Don't care
    --Wowprogress.com - - Neutral/Don't care
    --Mmo-champion.com - This is not in-game, you can still use this.
    --Wowanalyzer.com - Neutral/Don't care
    --Warcraftlogs.com / Worldoflogs.com - This is THE worst elitistic fking nightmare ever inveted in the gaming community. I hope everyday this is shut down forever, as this cancer has plagued us long enough. If there is a god, I hope he somehow make logs impossible for classic servers.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Found this little gem: https://web.archive.org/web/20060328...realmstats.php

OMG it's such a trip (if I'm reading the activity ratios right)
    The biggest Horde dominated server is a massive...1.3 to 1 (Tichondrius)
    34 servers have a Horde majority, 110 or so an Alliance one
    About 20 servers are 2:1 Alliance to Horde
    The Illidan and Mal'Ganis servers are roughly 50/50.

Things have changed...just a little bit.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-05-10 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think the hardest thing for me is going to be no dungeon maps. People forget just how labyrinthine those thing were in the day, with most of them now being trimmed down to being much smaller and more linear. I can be spun around in a circle and forget where I am, it's that bad. I have raiders who get lost even though we now have dungeon maps AND clickable buttons to show how the floors interconnect.
    No just the Dungeon itself, but getting into the dungeon finding the enterence to Deadmines, and especially Maradoun was often tricky, especially post wipe when you were dumping who knows where and everything is grey

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    No just the Dungeon itself, but getting into the dungeon finding the enterence to Deadmines, and especially Maradoun was often tricky, especially post wipe when you were dumping who knows where and everything is grey
    Exactly this, dungeons used to be a little bit "hidden" and not easily accessible But it'll be a thing people will learn very fast... not looking forward to navigating through the labyrinth that is the Wailing Caverns (or Maraudon for that matter) haha.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Also to add, when buffing lower level targets you needed to apply their appropriate level of buff
    Depends on what version of classic you're talking about. Early classic you could buff lower levels with might that gave them +333 attack power, or something like that. They were really happy!

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Found this little gem: https://web.archive.org/web/20060328...realmstats.php

OMG it's such a trip (if I'm reading the activity ratios right)
    The biggest Horde dominated server is a massive...1.3 to 1 (Tichondrius)
    34 servers have a Horde majority, 110 or so an Alliance one
    About 20 servers are 2:1 Alliance to Horde
    The Illidan and Mal'Ganis servers are roughly 50/50.

Things have changed...just a little bit.
    Good ol' days

Flasks and elixirs weren't exclusive, so some guilds required raiders to flask and battle and guardian elixir.
    there were not such thing as battle or guardian elixir... this introduced in TBC :P You could have as many elixir on you as you wanted if they were different...

for example, you could have Elixir of minor Agility, Elixir of lesser agility, agility, greater agility, mongoose, e.t.c.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Fixed, added day/night cycle as well.

You've put a lot of work into this just wanna give props

can't wait to revisit all the old zones. I'll be playing it all my remaining life

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Hunters couldn't place traps in combat, their ability to do do wasnt until TBC. As someone who is going to play a hunter in Classic WoW I was reminded a few days ago :P
    They can even though they can't.

Macro or spam Feign Death while placing a trap is the way to trap while in combat. It works 99% of the time

Wow, this post is just useful to be able to see all of the differences, especially as someone who came in after Classic was long gone.

Deleted
    I can't wait tbh for vanilla

grinding Candles all day every day for raids.

When you had the chance to loot the rivendare baron's horse!

This is the longest OP I've ever fucking seen in my life. I just kept scrolling and scrolling.

and scrolling

and scrolling

Vanilla has a lot of what I miss, though. It was an RPG first. Much less streamlined. I like that.