Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Carrot on a Stick. Had to macro that trinket swap into your mount button.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I had a few too many beers one night while pugging Kara. Group was really bad, like just having a super hard time. I politely suggested they give me vent info and i could help them out a bit. They gave me the info, and i joined vent to hear this group just tearing each other apart. I waited for a calm moment, and started explaining the fight. I swear i was really polite about it all, but for some reason, someone got SUPER offended and said "why are we even listening to this random idiot? hes not even topping dps, he shouldnt be saying anything".

Now, maybe it was the beers, maybe it was wiping on an easy boss for so long, maybe im just a wanker, but i just let them have it. They kicked me from the group, but none of them had admin to kick me from Vent. So i just sat there. Pulling the boss and wiping them, while they tried to figure out why the new pug couldnt get inside, and who kept pulling. They got angrier than i have EVER heard a guild group get in my life. Threats, swearing, some teenagers voice popping constantly as he screamed at the top of his lungs at everyone, someones mother walking into their room mid rant and yelling at him to stfu and go to bed. The whole thing was bloody amazing.
    Yeah man, the good old days. It's funny how the dumb little things like exploiting grouping mechanics end up making the best memories in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    No daily hubs etc once all quests was done pretty much it
    I actually miss this. Sure you needed to grind if you wanted something, but once you were done with something, you were done. I don't mind grinding but in current state some stuff just feels never ending.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Here's an interesting piece to look at for anyone interested. A timeline that shows all the world firsts through each expansion. It took several months before certain vanilla raids and bosses were completely cleared or defeated for the first time. I agree with you that this probably wasn't because of actual boss mechanic difficulty, more just the attunement grinds, the resistance gear grinds, flask and mats grinds, getting the right people for the job, etc, etc.
    How fast new bosses go down has more to do with various tools available for players. Back then you couldn't even think of guild dedicated programmers making addons for encounters. Yes, players got better, but now game tells you a lot more about what's happening in it than it used to.

Can you imagine doing even heroic raiding without bigwigs/dbm and WA/TMW? Having to constantly change focus between "action" part of your screen into top-right corner every time some shitty 12 seconds crit buff appears, because you don't want miss an actually important proc? Blizzard increase difficulty of encounters not only by tuning bosses, but also by tuning our characters, making it more demanding and harder to play. It's no longer "spam shadowbolt until OOM, then lifetap some mana back and keep spamming", which could be done without even looking at your screen, just by listening to sound queues of your character.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-06-21 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by plagueshard801 View Post
    Yeah man, the good old days. It's funny how the dumb little things like exploiting grouping mechanics end up making the best memories in the long run.
    Made quite a bit of gold taking people on tours of unfinished / unexplored areas in the game; imo the addition of flying in all zones removed the mystery / sense of wonder from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I had a few too many beers one night while pugging Kara. Group was really bad, like just having a super hard time. I politely suggested they give me vent info and i could help them out a bit. They gave me the info, and i joined vent to hear this group just tearing each other apart. I waited for a calm moment, and started explaining the fight. I swear i was really polite about it all, but for some reason, someone got SUPER offended and said "why are we even listening to this random idiot? hes not even topping dps, he shouldnt be saying anything".

Now, maybe it was the beers, maybe it was wiping on an easy boss for so long, maybe im just a wanker, but i just let them have it. They kicked me from the group, but none of them had admin to kick me from Vent. So i just sat there. Pulling the boss and wiping them, while they tried to figure out why the new pug couldnt get inside, and who kept pulling. They got angrier than i have EVER heard a guild group get in my life. Threats, swearing, some teenagers voice popping constantly as he screamed at the top of his lungs at everyone, someones mother walking into their room mid rant and yelling at him to stfu and go to bed. The whole thing was bloody amazing.
    I would have done the EXACT same thing....lol

Sounds like they got what they deserved hahahahahaha
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Added Swifty's Glowing Hands trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDtZbHfTysk
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Deleted
    wow, OP made me miss vanilla even more.

Can't wait to play this game I don't miss the OLD DAYS, I miss the old game, where you played the game not end-game.

Deleted
    This was a fun read.

Deleted
    Vanilla was not about tedious endless grinds and "shitty" mechanisms. It was about unique athmosphere and being part of the community wich made me hooked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthor89 View Post
    Vanilla was not about tedious endless grinds and "shitty" mechanisms. It was about unique athmosphere and being part of the community wich made me hooked on it.
    If you are gonna say one thing about it this would be it.

I really wonder what the classic community is going to be like.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
    thanks for the read, and the trip down memory lane

Deleted
    Aren't they giving us the Naxxramas patch right away?

Many of the issues mentioned in the thread are less of a problem at that point. Still gotta grind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthor89 View Post
    My fear is that this kind of community might have been a unique result of a generation being at a certain age, having a certain amount of tools at their disposal etc. People always act as if bringing back the classic game will instantly lead to the classic communities.I mean, just look at the community here on these forums. If all people who posted in this section joined the same server, would that create the kind of community everyone says they crave for? I have my doubts, mostly because people changed for the bitter already.

You know what this thread is missing (maybe not if someone already posted)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    My fear is that this kind of community might have been a unique result of a generation being at a certain age, having a certain amount of tools at their disposal etc. People always act as if bringing back the classic game will instantly lead to the classic communities.I mean, just look at the community here on these forums. If all people who posted in this section joined the same server, would that create the kind of community everyone says they crave for? I have my doubts, mostly because people changed for the bitter already.
    I would just be more worried by just reading what ppl post on these forums and the likelihood they might be in your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I would just be more worried by just reading what ppl post on these forums and the likelihood they might be in your guild.
    My vanilla guild dropped me for not getting nature resist drops when farming-.-

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    My vanilla guild dropped me for not getting nature resist drops when farming-.-
    Eh you either got it to drop. bought it. or hope others got lucky for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    If you are gonna say one thing about it this would be it.

I really wonder what the classic community is going to be like.
    At least partially it is up to blizzard.

if they don't give in and put in various short-cut devices to let players effectively play group-content as single-player, AND keep the content tuned hard enough to where average gear/skill/level groups that dont communicate will fail, then people will be forced to socialize. it is a pretty self-regulating mechanism if the devs just tune it appropriately.

I think blizzard's side of the coin is really that simple. They are the ones who enabled and have encouraged anti-social behavior in wow, by making being socially competent optional. I think they did it for unrelated reasons - to make sure participation/completion metrics in (new) content were as high as possible. someone(s) were being actively judged internally based on that kind of stuff, and they would make whatever changes to tuning or other stuff needed to get it as high as possible. For a while blue was even POSTING this kind of info on new content.

if you leave players to their own devices and remove any need for them to actually deal with other humans civilly, any anonymous game system becomes a sewer. blizzard has been very explicit saying it is THEIR responsibility to decide how much people will need to interact and to what degree to complete parts of their game(s).

There are a lot of clever ways blizzard can sabotage classic and make sure everyone gets to finish everything without ever talking to anyone, though. Just look at retail. If blizzard starts measuring classic success with part/comp. metrics, classic is totally screwed.

Now as far as the gogogogo players, some will suddenly exhibit normal communication skills, and some will find their ability to get groups slowly becoming harder and harder as more and more folks realize they are a bad add to a party. they may then reroll (assuming no real ID blocks are possible?) and work on being more decent in interaction.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-07-08 at 11:06 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.