Thread: Sub races...

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Sub races...

Is it true that no of the new subraces can be a deathknight? I am very disappointed about that tbh...i really hoped to be able to play a highelf/voidelf dk on the alliance side...i really miss my bloodelf female dk since i changed my fraction a few months ago.
    Example: voidelves can be a monk...but not a dk...idk - what do you guys think about it?

I thought that this was going to be a post about subway sandwiches racing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

It makes sense that they can't be DK (except for dark iron dwarves I guess)
    But still sad

Who care ? This whole sub race is a big joke anyway. They should've simply added some new "skin" on the barber shop instead of making another pseudo-race they like to call it.
    Reminds me of Apple and their *gasp* new brand product (aka iphone 10293240982058235 with new earbuds to make you lost them in no time).

Quote Originally Posted by Dranora View Post
    Is it true that no of the new subraces can be a deathknight? I am very disappointed about that tbh...i really hoped to be able to play a highelf/voidelf dk on the alliance side...i really miss my bloodelf female dk since i changed my fraction a few months ago.
    Example: voidelves can be a monk...but not a dk...idk - what do you guys think about it?
    Monks can be trained, Death Knights (players that is) were raised by Arthas and then broke free. Hence why a newly introduced sub race wouldn't have the option

I believe Zandalari Trolls will have access to the Death Knight class as they went to Zul'Drak to help the Drakkari trolls and salvage what they could of the Drakkari artifacts and culture before loosing to the scourge. So there should be Zandalari DKs just like the Drak Tharon quest chain shoed the Drakkari trolls sacrifice themselves to become death knights.

and same goes with Dark Iron since Moira is Dark Iron and has been leading the Alliance Ironforge front since? Wrath

Ya hopefully the two they don't have on the website can be. They are the dwarves and trolls, and might make the most sense for them to be DKs.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Unless Bolvar goes rogue or the Ebon Blade decides to start aggressively raising new DKs it wouldn't make sense, any outliers would be like the Panda DK from WoD where it's a rare one-in-a-million thing

Only exception being Dark Irons (which we don't have classes for) since they've been well and around since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    If Vrykul are added as an allied race I expect Vrykul Death Knights to be a thing
    Vrykul seem more like they would be a new race Altogether. I guess you could argue that they could just be a allied race to Humans but they seem different enough that they should just be their own.

To be fair if they release the volupera or whatever it is fox race and it cant be a DK then im sadly gonna have to reroll lol. I am saddened that we cant be a subrace though, kinda lame... i only play dk so wont be able to try them out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    I thought that this was going to be a post about subway sandwiches racing...
    ah cha cha cha
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I think any race should be able to be a Death Knight now. We, the player, literally raised the members of the Four Horsemen from the dead ourselves. It's no longer exclusive to the Lich King.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

This is sad news. I was looking forward to rolling a highmountain tauren DK to have the bull rush ability to spice up my mobility as a DK. I do agree that DKs should be able to be most of the new races (except void elves and lightforged) considering we can raise people from the dead as we have done shamelessly in Legion.

The more I read the notes on the heart of zeroth etc the more this expansion actually sounds awesome! Im a big fan of TBC and found the rest to be "meh" but im rather excited about this. Id be curious to see what they tweak on DK's... literally mained it 3 weeks ago after being DH all expo so please Blizzard dont make it awful so i have to reroll again (id love a Vulpera Monk though omfg)

Makes sense not to have allied race demon hunters, because they have custom animations, horns, and skins-- tattoos and face masks. Deathknights just have glowing eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    So, I think any race should be able to be a Death Knight now. We, the player, literally raised the members of the Four Horsemen from the dead ourselves. It's no longer exclusive to the Lich King.
    ^This

All new races can easly just have a little diffrent starting zone. Die in the battle in the new expansion then be raised up as a DK from one of the other DKs.

15+ Year Old Account
    At this point blizzard should just remove class/race restrictions. They definitely have not stuck to the lore, so what would be the big deal.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Probably because they couldn't be bothered with alternative starting zones for death knights. Sub races start at 20 and dks at 55(or something), so they probably decided it's not worth the trouble of going through that and just outright removed dk class from any allied race.

Void elves, dark irons and zandalari would work lore wise as death knights, but effort.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Probably because they couldn't be bothered with alternative starting zones for death knights. Sub races start at 20 and dks at 55(or something), so they probably decided it's not worth the trouble of going through that and just outright removed dk class from any allied race.

Void elves, dark irons and zandalari would work lore wise as death knights, but effort.
    or they just dont want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Monks can be trained, Death Knights (players that is) were raised by Arthas and then broke free. Hence why a newly introduced sub race wouldn't have the option
    Hey! What's to prevent current death knights from raising more? After all, we just made Whitemane and 3 other fools into death knights ourselves.